The fallen/joining the stormcloaks glitch

This is a discussion on The fallen/joining the stormcloaks glitch within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; im sure a lot of ppl have heard about the glitch that doesnt let you complete the joining the stormcloaks ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The fallen/joining the stormcloaks glitch

im sure a lot of ppl have heard about the glitch that doesnt let you complete the joining the stormcloaks quest if you have progressed too far into the fallen quest. ive looked up solutions for it and found that u can supposedly fail joining the stormcloaks by joining the imperial army and talk to legate rikke but when i talk to her all she says is "talking peace with ulfric? you must be an optimist.". it doesnt even go into conversation with her and i also found that u can also supposedly go to the companions building and attack a companion next to jarl vignar gray-mane and he'll stand up along with everyone else and they'll start to attack you and you holster your weapon and they stop attacking you but vignar will walk to dragonreach so you can complete the quest to trap the dragon in dragonreach. ive tried both of these "solutions" and neither of them work so if anyone has a different solution or if im doing something wrong or if bethesda is going to come out with a patch to fix this will someone please help me out and let me know.

Thanks
    Wickedtheif1

Lvl 1 - Bronze

btw ive spent 77 hrs on the game and i dont have a previous save data i can load up for some reason my game likes to autosave like 3 different datas and they save over my previous saves it also did it to me on fallout 3. so id really rather not have to start a whole new game especially from 77 hrs of play that would really suck