Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Patch 1.3 (2.02 in Europe) Release Underway

This is a discussion on Patch 1.3 (2.02 in Europe) Release Underway within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; According to several sources I just read (see below), Patch 1.3 is now out for the PC, and will be ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Patch 1.3 (2.02 in Europe) Release Underway

According to several sources I just read (see below), Patch 1.3 is now out for the PC, and will be released very shortly for the PS3 and XB350.

'Skyrim' receives 1.3 patch for PC via Steam, PS3 and Xbox 360 update to come - National Console Gaming | Examiner.com

Skyrim 1.3 Patch Won't Fix PS3 Lag, Future Updates Will - Bethesda - NowGamer

Fuddzilla - PS3 Skyrim 1.3 update will not fix all issues

It's a hopeful sign that Bethesda is making ongoing efforts to whittle down the mountain of bugs with Skyrim, and that we PS3 owners wont be left out in the cold like we were with Oblivion.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 12-17-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Link fixed
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Bringing the PAIN

Just after plat too... lol I may play more if it get somewhat of a fix tho. So bring it on!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 6 - Silver

If they can fix the painful lag and auto-save stuttering, I'll definitely replay the game after I finish (53rd level ATM, with 13mb save file).
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 10 - Platinum

anybody got a release date on this?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hoping they'll fix companions quest bug.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Nope, nothing

The PC version now has the update and it has fixed the problems the previous patch broke, eg. Backwards flying Dragons, the Magic Resistance bug, not sure what else.

All the previous bugs still remain...roll on 1.4

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    anybody got a release date on this?
    Not as of this post.

Since it's now late in the day here in the US, I'm guessing it'll get released sometime late Monday.

I'm slightly surprised they let the PC one go early, all by itself, rather than waiting a tad longer and doing an all-platforms release ... that sort of thing tends to stir the kettle with customers, and not generally in a good way. Always a bad idea to make some customers feel like less of a priority than others. I would not have done that.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

Here's the latest "what we are working on" link straight to Bethesda's forum:

Skyrim -- what we're working on - Bethesda Softworks Forums

I'm gratified to see that lots of regular updates are planned for all platforms. The post also indirectly explains why the console patches are lagging behind the PC patches ... it's because they're certified and re-released by the manufacturers of those consoles, so even though the patch is released simultaneously on all 3, Sony and Microsoft are each an additional middleman hurdle to be cleared.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

Another article that gives some hopeful signs that Patch 1.4 may make some improvements on ps3 snowballing lag.

Skyrim Patch 1.4 Release May Fix PS3 Lag Problems, New Hope Awaits | Pinoytutorial Techtorial
    Amazon Reviewer

Game on....

I hope patch 1.3 will at least make the frame-rate a little better after playing Skyrim for a few hours. I am currently at 150+ hours and my save file is 13MB and i get frame-rate issues after about an hour of play (mostly in towns). Oddly enough if i avoid towns completely, i can get maybe two hours or more with any frame-rate issues? When i tried for the trophy which requires 1000 bounty in all nine holds, the frame-rate dropped to slide show levels in the ninth town. Still got the trophy and reloaded without saving

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Is patch 1.3 out yet?

Get bent...

Meh.

I got my plat. Now I'm just waiting for some DLC/expansions.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 6 - Silver

Let's cross our fingers and hope 1.3 comes out tomorrow for the consoles. Better still, hurry up 1.4.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

As eager as I am for the increasingly delayed 1.3 patch to be released for the PS3 (my game crashes at least once every other hour now, with a 15mb save), a small but venal part of me daydreams about the hypothetical possibility of Sony slapping Bethesda's woefully buggy software back at them, and telling them to fix it properly before submitting it for validation.

Oh, if only ... it'll never happen, but we can dream.

C'mon Sony, REJECT that embarassingly buggy and undertested piece of $#%, and FORCE Bethesda to develop a proper QA department with some real teef.
    Amazon Reviewer

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    As eager as I am for the increasingly delayed 1.3 patch to be released for the PS3 (my game crashes at least once every other hour now, with a 15mb save), a small but venal part of me daydreams about the hypothetical possibility of Sony slapping Bethesda's woefully buggy software back at them, and telling them to fix it properly before submitting it for validation.

Oh, if only ... it'll never happen, but we can dream.

C'mon Sony, REJECT that embarassingly buggy and undertested piece of $#%, and FORCE Bethesda to develop a proper QA department with some real teef.
    What do you mean, it won GOTY obviously it is perfect just the way it is

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    What do you mean, it won GOTY obviously it is perfect just the way it is
    Yanno with me being a huge Elder Scrolls fan. That sh*t still bothers the hell out of me. I'm sorry but as fun as Skyrim is to play. It still doesn't deserve GOTY and Bethesda sure as hell doesn't deserve Studio of the Year!

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Noob Member

Hmmm, my Skyrim game is still sealed. I don't know if I should open and play this now, I'm thinking twice cause of the bugs...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Well, here it is a week after the PC release, and if I had to guess, my daydream about sony and/or microsoft taking Bethesda to task for asking them to put their certification onto a POS patch that doesnt fully fix what it claims just may (emphasis on MAY) be closer to reality than I'd dared hope.

I'm normally not one for schadenfreude, but since product history has clearly shown that Bethesda seems incapable of adequately policing themselves, I think that perhaps the best thing that could happen, from a PS3 customer standpoint, is for Sony to force the issue by refusing to certify the patch. Someone has to stand-up for proper business practices, and who better than one of their 3 biggest sources of income ? That could lead to some much needed public embarassment, and overdue internal reform, at Bethesda ... for their own considerable betterment.
    Amazon Reviewer

дурак

I just froze twice in the span of 15 minutes. Not even Fallout: New Vegas did that shit to me. For the love of god Bethesda, fix your shit. I guess I'll play Dark Soul till this gets fixed. I've been very tolerant for all this bugginess, now I'm just getting pissed off.

EDIT: "Checking and restoring the file system..."

...WAIT WHAT!?. Two of my autosaves were just corrupted. I'm so close to the plat, don't do this to me Skyrim.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Bringing the PAIN

Thats why you save OFTEN. So if like 2 of them corrupt then you are only losing a little progress. make a HARD save once in awhile!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast