Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Smithing & Enchanting Corner

This is a discussion on Smithing & Enchanting Corner within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Not sure if it is a glitch or because I married his sister or just meant to be. The trader ...

Chuck Norris Approved.

Not sure if it is a glitch or because I married his sister or just meant to be. The trader in riverwood alway's has around 10,750 on him. So that is where I sell all my stuff. Then again since I have the 100k trophy I really don't pick up much anymore. Also the making iron dagger's then enchanching with banish is a easy way to raise three skill's, if you want to take the easy route. I'm sure you already know that trick. Also as posted above the dual enchantment perk is well worth it. I didn't take it till around lvl 53, glad I did though.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Real Life Alchemist

I'm gonna check out his sister and his wallets then ;-)

Real Life Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    Not sure if it is a glitch or because I married his sister or just meant to be. The trader in riverwood alway's has around 10,750 on him.
    I did some searching! And I found out that if you have the correct speach skill and the perk to invest 500g into a shop he will always carry 10.000 extra gold and he has a base of 750 which is why he has 10.750g in your game ;-)
    Last edited by Dondar01; 12-25-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Ah, make's it a lot easier then going all over the map or waiting to sell your loot.

Real Life Alchemist

Ah, make's it a lot easier then going all over the map or waiting to sell your loot.

It's only that vendor that has10.000 extra the shops in whiterun only have 1000extra if you invest in them

Chuck Norris Approved.

I just reached 1203 armor with dragon scale light armor. I have no perks in alchemy so I'm sure it can be made higher. I just made a set full of smithing enchantments have a helm at plus 28 created potions made like 6 smithing philters at 27% purchased like 6 blacksmith draughts at 50% 30% and 20% and went on a drinking spree. Also got a glass sword up to 192 damage.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I just reached 1203 armor with dragon scale light armor. I have no perks in alchemy so I'm sure it can be made higher. I just made a set full of smithing enchantments have a helm at plus 28 created potions made like 6 smithing philters at 27% purchased like 6 blacksmith draughts at 50% 30% and 20% and went on a drinking spree. Also got a glass sword up to 192 damage.
    My Chillrend blade's base damage is like 240, and my 1H weaps perks are not fully maxed, so there's some headroom left there.

As for the armor .,.. yes, I made a minor goof earlier when typing that limit. The goof is that not every item in my crafting item set was potion-maxed to the same level, and thus the end result of the armor I crafted with it was not tippity top max. Still, it looks like 1200 is the general vicinity of that's achieveable.

Anyway, good job, Dude.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Chuck Norris Approved.

Yea like I said I didn't have any alchemy perks so could be much better. I mainly used dual enchanments for stamia and regen. I like to sprint every where fortify 2 hand think frost resistance and fortify carry weight forget what else

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm not sure if I parsed your sentence correctly ...

... made like 6 smithing philters at 27% ...
    Is there a recipe for making our own potions of blacksmithing and enchanting fortification ?

I didn't think so.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Bringing the PAIN

Yes you can make any kind of potion. Look for Fortify Enchanting/Smithing in the items properties.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 6 - Silver

That's just it ... I don't recall, off the top of my head, seeing that particular property listed on anything in my ingredients barrel. Then again, my alchemy score kinda sucks ATM.

Can you post a working recipe ?

If I haven't earned at least a little quid pro quo by now, I probably never well.
    Amazon Reviewer

Chuck Norris Approved.

Google what items are needed to make smithing philther ect and you will see what you nee.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Think you need blisterwort, glowing mushrom, saprppt or something can't think of them. I'm about to eat some late dinner. Google it for better info bud.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Here it is, courtesy of UESP Wiki ...

Ingredients for Fortify Enchanting (Choose any two of the four): Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven's Claw, Snowberries, and Spriggan Sap.

Ingredients for Fortify Smithing (Choose any two of the four): Blisterwort, Glowing Mushroom, Sabre Cat Tooth and Spriggan Sap.
    Enjoy it while it lasts, because I'm guessing that when Bethesda finally gets around to making some much needed finessing tweaks regarding game balance, I'm guessing both of these will go bye bye, because when combined with the second effect enchanting perk, it's definitely unbalancing to item creation and game balance, IMNSHO.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ingredients for Smithing: Blisterwort, Glowing Mushroom, Sabre Cat Tooth and Spriggan Sap.

Ingredients for Enchanting: Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries, and Spriggan Sap.

There's a great list on the wikia.

EDIT: Guess I was late to the party. Took me that long to find the info and type it out on my phone. Guess that'll learn me to try to do anything like that on my phone, eh?

Chuck Norris Approved.

Glad you found it, using a cell phone is a pain in the ass. Figured by time I ate and posted it you would have found it already. Now you see what I meant by me not having any alchemy perk's. You could make some major potion's. Fortify smithing for me with a helm with 38% alch, came out at 27%.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thanks guys ... just started 2nd character, just to do the civil war quest line, for my overdue platinum, and one of the first things I made upon reaching Riverwood, after a squeaky new set of fine leather armor, was a pocketful of fortify smithing potions. Currently omw back from High Hrothgar as I type this, to pick a fight with whichever side honks my character off first and/or worst.

Playing female this time. I'm thinkin some hawt 4-way action with Aela, Vex, Astrid, and Myself is definitely in order, and perhaps a few bottles of skooma. May Dibella smile on me.
    Amazon Reviewer

Chuck Norris Approved.

I'm down to the last two thieve's guild trophie's, should have it tonight if I get on a roll.

Real Life Alchemist

I kinda stopped with the over the top upgrading of my weapons and armor! I have 2 Daedric swords of 197dmg with absorb health and fiery soul trap enchant on it and I got a legendary heavy dragon scale armor! The reason I'm stopping with the upgrading is because I "killed" Anduin in 5 strikes without getting any dmg....So overpowered dual wielding....so overpowered

Bringing the PAIN

Ya my alch skill is only at like 34 and I made some +19% potions while just discovering ingredients last night. BTW if your enjoying alch and wanna use it more. Then try the Crimson Nirnroot mission for collection 30. as it gives to an EPIC ability seen here! Sinderion's Serendipity - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast