Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ever wished Skyrim could have online servers?

This is a discussion on Ever wished Skyrim could have online servers? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; MP wouldn't add to the value of skyrim in anyway in my opinion. Besides skyrim freezes so often for me ...

Real Life Alchemist

MP wouldn't add to the value of skyrim in anyway in my opinion.
    Besides skyrim freezes so often for me that a MP would just be annoying to say the least!

Quartercircle Forward.

The PvP would be totally broken Imagine an invisible rogue backstabbing you for 30x damage. Even a full daedric, heavy armour warrior can't beat that It would be so imbalanced and broken Imagine the amount of whining Bethesda would receive

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    *Sigh*

You see, this is what happens when people get so used to MP they think that a game with over 300 hours of content in a SP game alone should then have MP and trading, co-op, etc. I'm not targetting you Magpie, but I'm just saying that it goes to show that MP dominates the industry to an extent that no "real" game is complete without it.
    I think Infamous was fine without MP, it was good, haven't played Skyrim so I can't say much on the topic but Magpie's ideas don't sound bad in theory but with all the problems are talking about I could see how it could also go wrong...., who knows really it might work, it might not IMO

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I'd rather have a game that's single player only...stay as single player because that's what it was built for. Another good thing is no online trophies.
    Yeah but adding in a multiplayer might not ruin the singleplayer.

*Sigh*

You see, this is what happens when people get so used to MP they think that a game with over 300 hours of content in a SP game alone should then have MP and trading, co-op, etc. I'm not targetting you Magpie, but I'm just saying that it goes to show that MP dominates the industry to an extent that no "real" game is complete without it.
    Multiplayer doesn't ruin a game. And while it's true not all games need multiplayer, it's a nice feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Ya but then what happens when one person is set on Novice and the other on Master?
    It would probably be so that everyone is set to the host's difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    that would be awful, they can't keep a close server bug free, and open one would be a mess.
    Skyrim might have a lot of bugs, but they're all minor. It isn't like playing multiplayer would be mandatory, so if it got too glitchy you could just go back to single player.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrudge13 View Post
    they can't make the SP without game breaking bugs and tons of glitches and you want them to include online in there games
    Well, it has the bugs and glitches anyway, so how much worse would an online be? Besides, it isn't like the online would affect the single player that much.

If you think 300 hours is boring by yourself then don't play Skyrim. I've played MP games that get boring within 20 hours alone, but I could play Skyrim for the rest of my life.

Multiplayer games only get boring after 20 hours if you play them 20 hours straight, or if they suck. If the single player mode is good then those games are usually good forever. Skyrim isn't bad at all, but a multiplayer mode could add to it.

And about the armour: take a screenshot, send it to other people, get your friends over and show 'em. MP isn't the option for everything like CoD.
    The reason for that is because COD is meant for multiplayer. Modern day war games are usually just meant for mutliplayer because their campaign sucks. Halo and Gears of War are exceptions, although those aren't for PS3.

I'm not saying that Skyrim is a bad game. I'm just saying that it would be better if you could play it online with your friends. Don't cut out the singleplayer because that would just be stupid. But if you felt like it, quit your singleplayer, go to the main menu, and hit multiplayer. The two don't have to be connected at all. And the multiplayer could have some kind of bullshit gamemodes with it, but it should mainly be freeroam and questing.

There are a lot of games that have good singleplayer modes and good online features:

GTA IV
    Saint's Row 2
    Saint's Row 3 (not as good as Saint's Row 2, but still decent in both areas)
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Halo
    Gears of War
    Mortal Kombat
    Bioshock 2
    Call of Duty Black Ops (I didn't think the campaign was that bad on this one)
    Assassin's Creed Revelations (while this game wasn't as good overall as brotherhood, it's multiplayer was still decent and it's singleplayer only suffered because the storyline wasn't as good. But really, how far can you go when you keep milking the series. I like AC don't get me wrong)
    Uncharted 3rake's Deception (I loved the single player, but didn't get to try the multiplayer my self. I did watch a friend of mine played it and it looked quite good.)
    GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony

There are thousands of games with great single player and multiplayer games out there. I think Skyrim multiplayer could be a lot like wow, only you know, without the gay actions bars, lag, enemies teleporting behind you, and other things that make PC games suck. (If wow could be played on PS3 it might be a good game)

I guess I kinda ranted, but this is something that I feel way too many people argue about. Yes, I'm taking a side, but still, who says that a game can't have both a good 300 hour+ single player game and a decent multiplayer feature based off of the single player.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

That's true, but my point is that I'd rather have an extended and more worked on SP than the work go into an average MP and the SP suffers in quality, like with so many games.

And Skyrim proves you don't need MP to make a game great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12