Marrige

This is a discussion on Marrige within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; Carn't seem to get married got the Amulet of mara on but dont seem to be doing anything bit of ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Marrige

Carn't seem to get married got the Amulet of mara on but dont seem to be doing anything bit of help please.

Real Life Alchemist

There are 2 parts to the getting married thing ;-)
    First visit the temple of Mara and get an amulet (guess you already did this)
    Second find a woman that is available if she is already married then she won't marry you ;-)
    Just keep looking around or do as I did marry Aela the huntress I grew kinda fond of her and wanted her to be my virtual skyrim wife!!

After you agree to marry go to the temple of mara again and tell the priest you wanna get married, he'll tell you the wedding is tomorrow so just stay in the church and press the wait button 'till it's around 9am the next morning! and boom you are married

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Agree with Dondar01!
    Be careful in your search for women to marry though, only some specific girls can. There's a few in each village. Choose carefully

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Oh and another thing - in order to marry them, there's specific things to do before the marriage option appears. Like a quest to do for them. I married Marcurio, a mercenary, and I had to hire him (500 gold) before I asked him to marry ^^

Lvl 6 - Silver

Once you complete their quest(s)m they'll suddenly notice your Amulet of Mara, and the rest is fairly straight forward.

Remember to bring a bottle of Dwarven Oil for the honeymoon.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer