Daedric Quest stuffed up?

This is a discussion on Daedric Quest stuffed up? within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; I think one of the daedric quests may have glitched on me. I'll explain how. You know the quest where ...

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Daedric Quest stuffed up?

I think one of the daedric quests may have glitched on me. I'll explain how.

You know the quest where you go to the Daedric museum in Dawnstar and you have to collect three pieces of a sword? I forgot the name but that's what you have to do.

Well I re-covered the hilt (I think) of the sword and was going after the second piece in one of the castles near Falkthreath. Well as I going back there to get the sword piece (I'd already been there) the podium where the marker was pointing to had nothing on it what-so-ever. I'd been there already earlier in the game and I can't remember if I took anything from it or if I possibly dropped it somewhere, but the fact is that the marker is pointing to the empty podium, and I'm not sure what happened to it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lvl 6 - Silver

That sounds like one of shards of Mehrune's Razor.

Have you tried going back a few saves, and fast travelling to the same location and seeing if it's there ?

If all else fails, you can do all the daedric quests with a 2nd character, and skip everything else. The only hard part will be all the cross-country slow-travel, to rediscover each requisite location.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    That sounds like one of shards of Mehrune's Razor.

Have you tried going back a few saves, and fast travelling to the same location and seeing if it's there ?

If all else fails, you can do all the daedric quests with a 2nd character, and skip everything else. The only hard part will be all the cross-country slow-travel, to rediscover each requisite location.
    I could go back a few saves I guess and see what hapens...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

"The pieces of the dagger can be obtained before visiting Silus and the hilt can be looted. Obtaining one of these pieces will not initiate the quest. You will still need to talk to Silus." - As quoted from a Skyrim wiki. You can read the rest here:

Pieces of the Past - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Either way, why don't you check your inventory or storage chest to see if you have that piece of the razor stashed away somewhere? Maybe you already have it, or the quest has bugged out on you due to you clearing that place out earlier before starting the quest. ^^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 2 - Bronze

hmmm, I think your best bet is to check out a quick runthrough of that particular quest on youtube, and see if anything definately SHOULD be there, or if you missed some pre-requisite thing...

I'd be surprised if you could get it earlier, daedric quests normally dont spawn items until theyre started, so it's either a glitch, or you've mised something...
    Check out my awesome trophy checklist: Platinum Display Cabinet - by schlittmehr

sig by Auburn

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    "The pieces of the dagger can be obtained before visiting Silus and the hilt can be looted. Obtaining one of these pieces will not initiate the quest. You will still need to talk to Silus." - As quoted from a Skyrim wiki.
    ha! who knew?
    Check out my awesome trophy checklist: Platinum Display Cabinet - by schlittmehr

sig by Auburn