Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Worst Thing to happen to you in Skyrim

This is a discussion on Worst Thing to happen to you in Skyrim within the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The forum, part of the E; My reason for starting this thread is because im in a fit of rage. So whats the worst thing thats ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Worst Thing to happen to you in Skyrim

My reason for starting this thread is because im in a fit of rage. So whats the worst thing thats happened to you in skyrim?

Mine goes like this, I get this amazing game and put 70 hours into it and im loving every second. Im at my girlfriends for a day and my sister has a friend over that thinks it would be awesome to try out skyrim. They play for 6 hours and then she goes to save and SAVES OVER MY FILE.
    there goes 70 hours just like that. But because Skyrim is such an awesome game i want to keep playing so i start a new game and manage to do everything i had done in 23 hours. so i keep playing and i get back up to 70 hours and around that time Im doing the civil war quests for the stormcloaks. and it happens again! Im at the fight for haafingar (the one right before solitude! and the trophy.) I easily capture the city and then go to turn it in and it glitches. turns out theres a quest breaking glitch right here! After doing some research i find that the only way to get past this is wait until its patched or start a completely new file and play for the imperials.

So this has forced me to take a break form the game before i throw my ps3 out of a window. Whats the worst thing this game has done to you?
    Last edited by industry18; 01-19-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Change is mediocre

Holy shit, and I thought my problem was bad xD

I was finishing the thieves guild questline but I then figured out you need the thieves guild armor to complete it. So, I have to do the 40 jobs again before the last quest unlocks while I have the armor.

That sucks that all that happened to you though, I would definitely just stop playing for a couple weeks
    Last edited by dsluckay; 01-17-2012 at 08:31 PM.

The One and Only

Nothing terrible has happened to me yet. So far my worst (and funniest) thing to happen was when I was jailed once, got out, and millions of guards (over exaggerating) were after me. I forgot to get my things, so when I was about to escape from the guards, another guard stops me and I go back to jail. All that work for nothing. xD

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Threat

I was wandering around and an elder dragon and some sort of mage (I don't remember) attacked me at once. I was almost dead so I saved, then instantly died. As soon as the save reloaded I instantly died. I had to load an older save and ended up losing 4 hours of gameplay since I hadn't saved in so long. Not THAT bad.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The worst thing about my Skyrim experience was in my first playthrough the main quest line got bugged and also my thieves guild quests got bugged and i couldn't finish em' after about 60 hrs of playing. I stopped picked up another playthrough and am going smooth right now and am actually loving skyrim. I'm just gonna need meds after ward to kick my addiction of it...
    Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Kingdoms of Amalur

Kiwi Defender

Just freezes and lots of 'lag', plus a couple of texture problems due to the PS3's lack of ram.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

дурак

I was playing the game trying to level up and the game freezes. Big deal, right? Well I restart my PS3 and start the game again. My file was fine, but after a minute of playing the explorer trophy popped. But I already had it. So I went to check my trophies, and they had reset. I had never heard of this happening before so I freaked out. Luckily I just had to sync my trophies and it all came back. Happy days.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I was playing the game trying to level up and the game freezes. Big deal, right? Well I restart my PS3 and start the game again. My file was fine, but after a minute of playing the explorer trophy popped. But I already had it. So I went to check my trophies, and they had reset. I had never heard of this happening before so I freaked out. Luckily I just had to sync my trophies and it all came back. Happy days.
    Wow, Skyrim tried to steal your trophies.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by industry18 View Post
    My reason for starting this thread is because im in a fit of rage. So whats the worst thing thats happened to you in skyrim?

Mine goes like this, I get this amazing game and put 70 hours into it and im loving every second. Im at my girlfriends for a day and my sister has a friend over that thinks it would be awesome to try out skyrim. They play for 6 hours and then she goes to save and SAVES OVER MY FILE.
    there goes 70 hours just like that. But because Skyrim is such a good i want to keep playing so i start a new game and manage to do everything i had done in 23 hours. so i keep playing and i get back up to 70 hours and around that time Im doing the civil war quests for the stormcloaks. and it happens again! Im at the fight for haafingar (the one right before solitude! and the trophy.) I easily capture the city and then go to turn it in and it glitches. turns out theres a quest breaking glitch right here! After doing some research i find that the only way to get past this is wait until its patched or start a completely new file and play for the imperials.

So this has forced me to take a break form the game before i throw my ps3 out of a window. Whats the worst thing this game has done to you?
    2 Tips:

1) Use several save slots in round robin rotation.
    2) Before allowing someone else to play on your machine, backup your latest saves onto a thumb drive.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

I think the worst thing that happened to me was repeatedly faceplanting against the badly bugged civil war quests ... I must have spent at least 15-20 hours backing up and redoing various sections, then backing up even further and switching sides, and then (after completing all other trophies with my main character) starting a completely different character from scratch just to do the civil war. As I type this, my 2nd character is pushing 46th level (my first was 58th).
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I guess I'm lucky. Other than freezes, nothing bad has happened. I didn't even follow the trophy guide until I was over a hundred hours. I started to worry if I'd fucked up on Oblivion Walker but I didn't The only trophies that I have left are escape from prison & wanted in all 9 holds. Only reason I haven't got them is because I want Skyrim to be my 25th platinum, & as of right now, I only have 23.

A word of advice to the OP, never left someone play on your profile, it only takes upwards of 30 seconds to start a new profile on your PS3. It doesn't have to be registered on PSN, just a profile for others to fuck around on

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Kid, not loser

This is why I am scared to get skyrim. If my game had 1 game breaking glitch I would just quit and never play it again, so I am waiting for patches I know will never come out for it.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Skyrim just pissed me off and made me have a break from it for a few weeks. After 104 hours of playing, finished all quest lines (main, college, companions, thieves, assassins, imperials), being level 63 and having achieved everything on master difficulty I found Lod dead, assumedly killed by a dragon attack. I keep three save files but usually for the case something broke in the current or last quest. I cannot keep a separate save file for every hour of playing and apart from that I don't want to start from an early stage again (Lod could have died at any time, might be hour 20 and I'd have to repeat 84 hours if I had a save game of that early in the game).

Guess everyone who's advanced in the game will know who Lod is, it's a guy that introduces you to one of the daedric quests and for me that means I'll have to get the Oblivion Walker in a separate playthrough. Not even that bad but what pisses me off extremely is that Bethesda always ruins the gaming experience with bugs like this. I can't even see in the game (unlike Oblivion) which characters at what time are marked essential, so something like this can happend to basically every quest and even if I do the critical quests at first there can always be a pleasant surprise like this in the game later.

I wonder what's so difficult in keeping essential characters essential, that would prevent a lot of frustration. I have little hope that Bethesda will deliver a patch that prevents such situations, but maybe they will one day and I can do a perfect playthrough with all skills at 100 and all quests finished. At hour 104, and also saying that this is my fourth character because I used the first three to get more acquainted with the game, I'm not motivated to start all over again especially because no one can guarantee that quest X will not ruin my game again at hour 100.

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by i667090375202107 View Post
    Skyrim just pissed me off and made me have a break from it for a few weeks. After 104 hours of playing, finished all quest lines (main, college, companions, thieves, assassins, imperials), being level 63 and having achieved everything on master difficulty I found Lod dead, assumedly killed by a dragon attack. I keep three save files but usually for the case something broke in the current or last quest. I cannot keep a separate save file for every hour of playing and apart from that I don't want to start from an early stage again (Lod could have died at any time, might be hour 20 and I'd have to repeat 84 hours if I had a save game of that early in the game).

Guess everyone who's advanced in the game will know who Lod is, it's a guy that introduces you to one of the daedric quests and for me that means I'll have to get the Oblivion Walker in a separate playthrough. Not even that bad but what pisses me off extremely is that Bethesda always ruins the gaming experience with bugs like this. I can't even see in the game (unlike Oblivion) which characters at what time are marked essential, so something like this can happend to basically every quest and even if I do the critical quests at first there can always be a pleasant surprise like this in the game later.

I wonder what's so difficult in keeping essential characters essential, that would prevent a lot of frustration. I have little hope that Bethesda will deliver a patch that prevents such situations, but maybe they will one day and I can do a perfect playthrough with all skills at 100 and all quests finished. At hour 104, and also saying that this is my fourth character because I used the first three to get more acquainted with the game, I'm not motivated to start all over again especially because no one can guarantee that quest X will not ruin my game again at hour 100.

I would of said "U mad bro?"... but that fucking sucks man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Quartercircle Forward.

Wow. I was going to say that the worst thing that has happened to me in Skyrim, was a Dragon with just a tiny bit of health, managed to kill me before I gave it the final blow. I hope that will be the worst thing to ever happen to me in the game, because some of the stuff mentioned here would cause me to give fire to my SKyrim Disk

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ISI-Society View Post
    2 Tips:

1) Use several save slots in round robin rotation.
    2) Before allowing someone else to play on your machine, backup your latest saves onto a thumb drive.
    I actually do use multiple saves but due to doing half the quest and getting majorly distracted, all of them had already gotten far enough that it was too late. Also I wasnt even home so there was no way i could have prevented it

But its good to see that im not the only one having troubles with this game! I hope bethesda continues to patch it until all the major glitches are gone!

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I was finishing the thieves guild questline but I then figured out you need the thieves guild armor to complete it. So, I have to do the 40 jobs again before the last quest unlocks while I have the armor.
    I had to start the game again but i wanted to start a new game anyway. I got the plat now and i have two different save games, one at 140 hours and one at 30 hours. Both on a memory stick backed up..

Lvl 8 - Gold

it seems like everytime i would go to attack a fort a dragon would show up and cause the frame rate to drop to damn near zero.

Mista J

Well worse thing for me was messed up on the artifact quests by killing the dog yea i know i'm a dumb ass, i didn't read the forum on this till after i did it lol. i was mad. The second thing that happened was i did not get the thieves guild trophy and i didn't sell any of my outfit or anything. i'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else but it made me mad. so yea i'm going to have to do a second playthough for sure.

Awesome Sig by:Beam|Aka bar by:Athena
    Gifts From Friends:
    Alison | Beam & Kid | TG09

Check out the shop- Deja View Sigs

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    I was wandering around and an elder dragon and some sort of mage (I don't remember) attacked me at once. I was almost dead so I saved, then instantly died. As soon as the save reloaded I instantly died. I had to load an older save and ended up losing 4 hours of gameplay since I hadn't saved in so long. Not THAT bad.
    The same thing happened to me. I accidentally saved (close to death) over my most recent file. I kept dying when I reloaded. I was playing on Master difficulty, so I then had the brilliant idea to immediately turn on the lowest difficulty and I had enough health to take a potion after reloading.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast