Dog chase or Rhino chase - which was harder?

This is a discussion on Dog chase or Rhino chase - which was harder? within the Enslaved: Odyssey to the West forum, part of the E; Of the two 'chase' scenarios in Enslaved - where Monkey has to rescue Trip from first the Dog and then ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Dog chase or Rhino chase - which was harder?

Of the two 'chase' scenarios in Enslaved - where Monkey has to rescue Trip from first the Dog and then the Rhino - which gave you the most trouble?

For me, it would have to be the Rhino chase. The Dog chase was fairly easy once I learned the position of the mines, as it was essentially a pretty clear run the whole way, without too many obstacles in your path. Even trying to collect all the Tech Orbs while not falling too far behind the Dog wasn't too troublesome. It took me a few attempts, but overall it wasn't that bad.

The Rhino chase, on the other hand, proved particularly frustrating, especially on Hard! This chase was full of falling rubble and gaps in the pathways that literally came out of nowhere - I lost count of the number of times I fell into a hole as a result of mistiming a jump, only to see the inevitable death of Trip as the Rhino killed her. I grew to hate that scene!

The Tech orbs during this section were more problematic than those on the Dog section, as I always managed to bypass one or two, either without seeing them or through just not reacting quickly enough, although I got them all in the end.

So, which was it for you?

Nope, nothing

I can't remember the game so much as it was quite a while since I played it, but I think the dog was more annoying as isn't that earlier in the game? I can't remember

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yeah, the Dog chase came first, but I think that chase was more straightforward than the Rhino one. Just interested to know what other players thought.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Yeah, the Dog chase came first, but I think that chase was more straightforward than the Rhino one. Just interested to know what other players thought.
    Yeah it probably was, I think that one might have given me more trouble because I wasn't as used to the game.

I could be wrong though and found the Rhino one more challenging

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I remember the Dog chase being harder, but for some reason it took more tries with the Rhino chase when going for the trophy.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I found the Rhino chase harder, with all the falling rubble and stuff getting in the way.
    The dog chase was way more straight forward and the orbs was easier to collect during this scene. I hated the 'fail' screens watching Trip getting demolished by the dog/rhino, it was pretty harsh i thought lol

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 4 - Silver

I found the Rhino chase trophy harder, but both the dog and the rhino chases were completely doable