View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

2 10.53%
  • 2 - Easy

3 15.79%
  • 3 - Moderate

13 68.42%
  • 4 - Hard

1 5.26%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Enslaved: Odyssey to the West forum, part of the E; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Moderate: the trophy hunt was quite enjoyable but all those orbs were a pain, you just need a video guide or you'll never get all of them.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Moderate. This is probably one of my recent favorite games, I really enjoyed it. Like Kaito said, the orbs were a pain but using a guide helped. I had some trouble with Matador and a couple other trophies but it wasn't anything too hard.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Team Dingleberry

Moderate. I loved this game, but the orbs can be irritating, like others have mentioned. The timed trophies can be a little frustrating too.

MK Plat = Overrated

3 - Moderate

Like everybody else here, I needed a video guide to find all of the orbs. I don't know if I would have ever found the cluster buried under the boat. I didn't have any trouble with the dog-chase-timed trophy. The rhino one gave me trouble though. Super fun game. Love the music, graphics, art layout, story, game-play, and especially the voice acting. The acting and story were by far some of the best to come out of a video game in a while. Love it!

Lvl 9 - Gold

F*cking good game, a nice change in the midst of everything else (even if it played like Uncharted).

The orbs apparently were glitched on multiple occasions, which made sense when I did another playthrough to polish them off and I saw ones literally just POP into the game, or ones that were never in specific spots before!

Shame about the ending, because the rest was great.

Bob 'n' Becca

2. The orb hunting was kind of a chore but this was probably my favorite Platinum to obtain, especially when you compare time-spent v. reward.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

www.powerpyx.com

3 - Moderate
    Finding all orbs is really annoying! The rest of the trophies are fun to get and none of them are really hard in my opinion.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate: Really good game, but Tech Curator, Bad Doggy & Got The Horn were a royal pain.

To Be Announced

I'm gonna have to give this one an Easy rating. Only had to do one Hard playthrough, which aside from one or two cheap spots, wasn't difficult at all. With a guide, got all the Orbs and Masks in that runthrough with the exception of Chapters 9 and 11 (in the chase sections of both chapters). Combat trophies weren't hard, and the only "frustrating" trophies were the two chase ones only because if you think you got it under time and take them down, and then you didn't manage to get it under time, you have to replay all over. Took only an extra hour or so between the two, so not that bad, though. Good game, especially for $10, but I don't think I'll feel the need to ever play it again.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hard , pretty much because of the orbs and bad doggy trophy. It was well worth it because this was a awesome game , fun and different . loved it

Lvl 3 - Bronze

easy, thought it re-told the book in fresh way

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quality game even bought the DLC as was so impressed few frustrating bits like catching the dog but great game and visuals :-)

PRO Member

Voted Moderate on this one. Even though most of the trophies are very easy to get, Even the dificulty trophies. The reason I voted Moderare is for mostly what everyone else has said. The Tech Curator trophy, Bad Doggy and Got the Horn. I also spent a lot of time on the Matador trophy.

The game itself is simply amazing and very underatted. Loved the gameplay and the story.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Not that hard, some orbs can be difficult to find but it's OK.