Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Uzumaki - the only thing that has ever truly disturbed me.

This is a discussion on Uzumaki - the only thing that has ever truly disturbed me. within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by YumeOMiru I understand. Well, if the art donīt scare you then not much to get from this ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    I understand. Well, if the art donīt scare you then not much to get from this manga then. I suggest to to at least try the last chapter before deciding to leave it just like that.
    Just finished Chapter 8. I'm reading it all, in case something that's actually scary happens, but nothing scary nor grotesque to be found.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    but nothing scary nor grotesque to be found.
    I applaud to you for having high squeak threshold. Iīm a person who can easily imagine the other persons pain when itīs detailed shown, so I award you the ball of steel trophy.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Member

Chapter 11...This manga is so addictive... They just put the baby back in the womb... eww...

Sig by Beam| Avatar by Abstract

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    I applaud to you for having high squeak threshold. Iīm a person who can easily imagine the other persons pain when itīs detailed shown, so I award you the ball of steel trophy.
    The internet's made my mind pretty much numb to a lot of things, but I give props to the artist, he's very skilled and gives a lot of attention to details and to the way characters show emotion.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The internet's made my mind pretty much numb to a lot of things, but I give props to the artist, he's very skilled and gives a lot of attention to details and to the way characters show emotion.
    I get what you mean, because I used to go onto 4chan, and would see all those gore threads. Gore doesn't gross me out, even if it's the real thing pictures, real life, I don't care, but physiological stuff fucks with me.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    I get what you mean, because I used to go onto 4chan, and would see all those gore threads. Gore doesn't gross me out, even if it's the real thing pictures, real life, I don't care, but physiological stuff fucks with me.
    Bleh, both are lame to me nowadays.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

Funny, Iīm reversed of what you are.

Iīm sucker for depressing tragedy stuff, betrayal and mindrape. I want more sad sh!t. But show me a real dude finger and Iīm out.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wadefan1 View Post
    Chapter 11...This manga is so addictive... They just put the baby back in the womb... eww...
    im never going to sleep in a pregnancy ward

ever

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    im never going to sleep in a pregnancy ward

ever
    What? Afraid of pregnant mosquito women?

Toggle Spoiler

Random Access Memories

Totally agree...internet desensitization. The artist is pretty talented indeed.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

PRO Member

Alright, I finished it.. Pretty addictive, I wanted to know how it ended, it sparked my curiosity, thats for sure.

Although, looking back on it, I didn't really like the manga. The art was okay, not really my style. Once the people started spiraling and such (when they were reconstructing the town), it seemed to get redundant. It was fun at first, but became boring to me towards the end.

Sig by Beam| Avatar by Abstract

Kiwi Defender

What a disappointing ending. And here I was hoping Shuichi and Kirie would survive and somehow make it out of there.

Toggle Spoiler

INTJ

What? Afraid of pregnant mosquito women?
    drill into your body in the middle of night and suck up all your blood

no thank you

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    drill into your body in the middle of night and suck up all your blood

no thank you
    You've got a good point there. Good thing I don't plan to finish up at a hospital anyway.

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

I just read the first two chapters, I have to say it wasn't all that terrifying. There were a couple parts that were tense, but not that bad.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 9 - Gold

What a disappointing ending. And here I was hoping Shuichi and Kirie would survive and somehow make it out of there.
    Same, but thatīs how horror stuff usually end.
    Hand-bra Jeans

Medaka Box

INTJ

junji ito is also the master of cliffhangers

Quartercircle Forward.

Meh, I prefer to read about the more pleasant and finer things in life...rather than about pregnant mosquito women. So I'll pass.
    Last edited by D1mech; 01-23-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

PRO Member

You've either lived a very sheltered life or you are secretly a sociopath if this is the only thing that has truly disturbed you.

Of course, it could just be typical PS360 over-exaggeration

I haven't read this in its entirety yet, but I will tell you its relatively standard, but very well executed horror. My only complaint thus far is the suspension of disbelief required at certain parts is a bit too high for my tastes, this makes the overall story quality poor in my opinion. Much like Sci-fi that element of the equation is paramount to creating a worth-while narrative.

But thats not really the point here clearly, this is "high-art horror" so to speak. Its about the spectacle of what is going on rather than what is actually going on. Character motives? Character development? Sensible plot points? Heck, an actual plot? None of that really matters. Shits going to happen and you are either on for the ride or not. Thats really where the value in this manga comes in, and its very good in this regard.

The thing that is keeping me reading at the moment is I am actually curious if the spiral obsession plays apart in the over-arching narrative structure, and on that aspect of curiosity it will suck you in well. Plus, as with most spectacles, the disturbing ride works.

Is it that scary? I get scared so easily, not by gore or anything, mostly by jump scares, or scary-looking things. (Exorcist, The Ring, Etc.)
    I am not a big horror fan, so would you still recommend it knowing what I get scared about?
    Then you don't get scared easily, you startle easily.

Jump scares aren't scary, they are the lowest common denominator of what can be considered "horror." They are easy to accomplish and movies that rely on them are all horrible (thats a universal truth).

Same goes for over-use/exaggeration of violence/gore, very low, very easy, and movies that rely on it are all garbage.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

PRO Member

WOW manga shares nice topic xD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast