Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Manga/Manwha Corner - Letīs talk about manga ! マンガ (^-^)

This is a discussion on Manga/Manwha Corner - Letīs talk about manga ! マンガ (^-^) within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; I need to mention that yes, I know thereīs a thread about manga, but that one is also a thread ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Manga/Manwha Corner - Letīs talk about manga ! マンガ (^-^)

I need to mention that yes, I know thereīs a thread about manga, but that one is also a thread about anime. Discussion about manga there is very hard to follow as the ratio of anime watcher outclasses those that read manga.

So I hope with this thread we who wanna talk about manga gather and speak our mind.

What should we talk about? Maybe what kinda manga we enjoy reading, dislike reading, maybe talk about recent chapters youīve read or even share your thoughts on stuff related to manga.

I guess I should go first, to satisfy me need to share.

My top manga right outta my head:

My favourite manga of all time:
    Onani Master Kurosawa

Just some of the manga I have read, of course I read the 3 kings in Shonen Jump (Bleach, One Piece and Naruto). I read almost anything......

If you donīt know where you can read manga, I suggest Batoto - Read Comics Online!. Is site where you can read manga for free, and they respect translator by giving them credits. Please avoid mangafox, they donīt credit the people who translate, upload and clean. Remember, buy the manga if you like it to support the author.

So I hope we can have some nice discussions.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Everything is fixed. We will have separate threads. Hopefully we don't start seeing the anime mixed in here. I'll keep an eye out and move posts that should be in the other thread.

As for me, don't really have manga at this point, but I plan to get into a little bit of that soon.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Current Favorite:

Previously Read:

Now reading:

All three are pretty great, Bokurano and Kurozuka also come to mind for some recommendations.
    I read manga a LOT more than I watch anime, so I'll probably be in this thread a lot more often

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Lvl 5 - Silver

Some of my favorite manga include:

(only up to the first half)

All very good series in my opinion
    Last edited by the Pirate King; 02-15-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Leg: Awesome job

Vor: You got some sweet manga under your belt. How did you like the ending in Shin Angyo Onshi, I wanted a different outcome but I guess that was the best one( use spoiler tag incase you give a detailed answer). And if you like Monster, try Pluto, I liked that more, even though is the same author. And about Bokurano, did it bother you that the

Toggle Spoiler

Pir: Blades of Immortals is what made me hate Rurouni Kenshin. After seeing someone as badass as Manji, Kenshin just seemed like a damn pushover. Are you up to date with it?
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 5 - Silver

I can't stand Rorouni Kenshin either haha.

And I wish I was up to date, I read up to the 20th book I think?

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

PRO Member

my favs

Platmate Ass Editor

this thing has been mentioned twice already so it must worth looking into

Hey Pirate King I love Hellsing as well watched every episode of the anime and the first few of the OVA edition and read the 1st 2 volumes of the manga (the topic at hand) that's how much i love it lol. I will be picking it up again soon, just waiting to finish what i am in the middle of.

Ill be looking into Vagabond and Berserk later as well which has been recommended to me a few times already.

Hey Tommy if someone posts about anime in here we'll help out by clearing the confusion and redirecting to the location of the anime thread

Anyhow, some of my favorite readings thus far:
    currently reading:

Will resume later:

theres more but thats from the top of my mind right now lol

"The artist has a duty to seduce the ear and delight the spirit"
    You can't spell sarcasm without RC

"I am the lightning"

Did you .... ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) put on sunglasses?

TLT

Lvl 9 - Gold

Glad that we have some readers around here

@Pir You buy the volumes? Because thereīs about 28 volumes online.

@Jac Thatīs some rare stuff. People usually just watch the anime version of them. Does the Suik III follow the game or is it a separate story?

@Red Yes, is overall touches every genre and themes and in a good way. 17 volumes long but I still felt another 10 volumes would do it great. And last, Claymore is very good but it kinda just turned into pure fighting without much depth now(still very good). You up to date with it?
    Hand-bra Jeans

Medaka Box

Platmate Ass Editor

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    @Red Yes, is overall touches every genre and themes and in a good way. 17 volumes long but I still felt another 10 volumes would do it great. And last, Claymore is very good but it kinda just turned into pure fighting without much depth now(still very good). You up to date with it?
    No I am not up to date actually but am getting there, last thing I read was volume 12. And probably the 1st few chapters from volume 13 too.

Any Eyeshield 21 readers in here?

"I am the lightning"

TLT

Lvl 5 - Silver

@Yume, I used to borrow them from my local library but then they stopped getting the new ones which is why I stopped reading it What site do you use for reading online?

@Redcell Yes, Hellsing is awesome, I didn't really like the anime too much because it was so different from the manga but the OVA put the series back on the right track. And if you thought the first two books were good, you have to keep reading because it gets so much better!

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Glad that we have some readers around here

@Jac Thatīs some rare stuff. People usually just watch the anime version of them. Does the Suik III follow the game or is it a separate story?
    Kinda digs more into the story then the game does it follows luc's team around alot too revealing more about his plan.
    yea well i like to be different i guess dont get me wrong I love one piece, bleach and naruto as much as everyone else just they aint my favs.

Platmate Ass Editor

Quote Originally Posted by the Pirate King View Post
    @Yume, I used to borrow them from my local library but then they stopped getting the new ones which is why I stopped reading it What site do you use for reading online?

@Redcell Yes, Hellsing is awesome, I didn't really like the anime too much because it was so different from the manga but the OVA put the series back on the right track. And if you thought the first two books were good, you have to keep reading because it gets so much better!
    Yeah i know exactly what you mean, I watched the anime and was very disappointed then I borrowed the first five episodes of the OVA from a friend (the steel case edition ) and I was blown away. It's manga like this that redeems vampires LOL

"I am the lightning"

TLT

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Kinda digs more into the story then the game does it follows luc's team around alot too revealing more about his plan.
    yea well i like to be different i guess dont get me wrong I love one piece, bleach and naruto as much as everyone else just they aint my favs.
    I totally get it, Naruto and Bleach is more like "shovel ware manga" for me now. Just wanna know how it ends. One Piece on the other hand is always high on my list. But I havenīt touched the latest 50 Chapters (wanna save up for one read).

@Red early anime adaptation end up for the most part with their own endings and low production value. OVA of Hellsing follow the manga extremely close (a little more blood though). Downside being it takes around 6 month for each episode...........

@Pir Enjoy SPECTRUM NEXUS · Manga Scans · Blade of the Immortal

Hand-bra Jeans

Medaka Box

PRO Member

waiting for the next volume of vampire knight seems to be as bad as the endless wait for volume 19 of x/1999

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    waiting for the next volume of vampire knight seems to be as bad as the endless wait for volume 19 of x/1999
    I thought you only watched the show. Anyways, you dig Zero more or incest brother?
    Hand-bra Jeans

Medaka Box

PRO Member

lol i watch anime and read manga's yume there's alot you dont know about me ...i like yuki and that girl with the orange pigtails always eating candy as my favs but as for kaname and zero hmmm tough choice..

Platmate Ass Editor

Quote Originally Posted by the Pirate King View Post

I used to get them from the local library too but then I caught up with their current inventory which wasn't up to date at all and they were very slow at getting the new ones so i stopped what ever it was that I used to read from there. Mostly everything I read started with reading it from there actually.

"I am the lightning"

TLT

Stop looking at me swan!

I don't read so much manga anymore since one of the more bigger manga sites went down sometime ago. Otherwise I've just been more focused on anime over the years. However I used to read whatever I could get my hands on originally when not a lot of it was getting licensed and translated here. Just like some of the others here I used to borrow everything from the library til and I kept up with them for a long time and just gave up since all they started to carry were more popular series like Naruto and Bleach.

Meanwhile at the same time I would buy a lot of manga as well that usually was more focused in my interests such as shoujo, drama, and romance but pretty much anything with bishounen type characters. Collection was a lot more well rounded than just that, it's just a lot of my books are in storage now since I had too many to keep in my room so i really don't even know what I have anymore. My favorite manga artist is still Yuu Watase and you would probably know her most from doing Fushigi Yuugi. Other than that, I was fond of a lot of CLAMP's older works such as X/1999.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Zeiharu View Post
    I don't read so much manga anymore since one of the more bigger manga sites went down sometime ago. Otherwise I've just been more focused on anime over the years. However I used to read whatever I could get my hands on originally when not a lot of it was getting licensed and translated here. Just like some of the others here I used to borrow everything from the library til and I kept up with them for a long time and just gave up since all they started to carry were more popular series like Naruto and Bleach.

Meanwhile at the same time I would buy a lot of manga as well that usually was more focused in my interests such as shoujo, drama, and romance but pretty much anything with bishounen type characters. Collection was a lot more well rounded than just that, it's just a lot of my books are in storage now since I had too many to keep in my room so i really don't even know what I have anymore. My favorite manga artist is still Yuu Watase and you would probably know her most from doing Fushigi Yuugi. Other than that, I was fond of a lot of CLAMP's older works such as X/1999.
    Onemanga got take down cause of bad business practice, the site occasional had spyware from their ads even though you never pressed them. Thereīs alot better sites up right now.

and

Oh, someone with shojou taste huh. Got any other favs beside above mentioned? I throw my fishing rod in any pond, always like to widen my view.

@Jac Heh, really? I find it quite easy to pick sides on the manga, one of the few thing that this series never go on my fav list is cause of the horrendous art, is tolerable but the drawn lines are weak and bad inking.

I would like to share some stuff, theirīs a recent love I have grown for korean web manhwha also known as webtoon. Their art is very pleasing for the eyes and the storylines are unique.

Top pick is the series My Heart is Beating . Is funny, is emotional and best of all, for the most part you can relate to all of the characters.

The story like this:

Girlīs thought: Why did he call me out, maybe heīs asking me out? I know him, not bad looks and good grades, but I donīt think Iīm ready.

Main: Thereīs something I wanna ask you.

Girlīs thought: OMG OMG OMG *blushes

Main: I want your swimsuit

Girl:

Hereīs chapter one, they are long strips read from up to down.

Sample of chapter 1:

Toggle Spoiler

Hand-bra Jeans

Medaka Box

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast