Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

The Best Licensed Video game Soundtracks - No Original Music allowed

This is a discussion on The Best Licensed Video game Soundtracks - No Original Music allowed within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; You know games with tons of music from tons of bands? Post your favorite Licensed tracks here. Just note it ...

  1. #1
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,079
    Reputation
    281

    The Best Licensed Video game Soundtracks - No Original Music allowed

    You know games with tons of music from tons of bands?


    Post your favorite Licensed tracks here.


    Just note it won't compare to Vice city's soundtrack







  2. #2
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    AJL_LEYJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    496
    Reputation
    5

    although it wont compare its close behind and its from san andreas


    am also a fan of 80s music

  3. #3
    Resident Deadhead
    jenkem_addict88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tulsa Ok, -6 GMT
    Posts
    445
    Reputation
    26

    San andreas had the best music ever hands down. my favorite song is probably NWAs express yourself.

    also, ever since vice city, i have a "kill spree" song. whenever the song came on, i would kill shit until the song was over.

    the vice city kill spree song was "Japanese boy" and the san andreas kill spree song was "Louisiana women Mississippi man" and i never played 4

    chatterbox on 3 was way epic too lol
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

    Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

  4. #4
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,749
    Reputation
    322

    I'll post another couple of Vice City songs, since they are oh so awesome, plus two from GTA IV.








    Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    San andreas had the best music ever hands down.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  5. #5
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Deth's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hill 137
    Posts
    815
    Reputation
    34

    And how could you guys forget Wave 103!?

    Tears for Fears - Pale Shelter



    Romeo Void - Never say never



    New Order - Blue Monday



    ABC - Poison Arrow



  6. #6
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,079
    Reputation
    281

    majority rule GTA VC has the best licensed soundtrack of all time

    (i own the whole thing on disc, bought from the store)









  7. #7
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    YumeOMiru's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Reality, sadly......
    Posts
    1,463
    Reputation
    25

    Meaning of sharing if according to you Vice city have the best soundtracks? I mean if you want to listen to inferior ones is pretty easy to look up, that if we follow your logic (which I disagree).
    Hand-bra Jeans

    The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

    Medaka Box


  8. #8
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,749
    Reputation
    322

    Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Meaning of sharing if according to you Vice city have the best soundtracks? I mean if you want to listen to inferior ones is pretty easy to look up, that if we follow your logic (which I disagree).
    Well, if you disagree, post whatever you think is better. Until then, the thread will still be a Vice City monopoly.



    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  9. #9
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    YumeOMiru's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Reality, sadly......
    Posts
    1,463
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Well, if you disagree, post whatever you think is better. Until then, the thread will still be a Vice City monopoly.
    I like the way you put it more than the OP, Brutal Legend comes to mind:





    Is in the game, just couldnīt find one uploaded from the game soundtrack cd:


    Funny thing, I donīt even like metal, but the game got a good variation of different rock genre.
    Hand-bra Jeans

    The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

    Medaka Box


  10. #10
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,749
    Reputation
    322

    Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Funny thing, I donīt even like metal, but the game got a good variation of different rock genre.

    It actually has no rock songs, just many different variatons of metal, most of which I've never liked. Got to admit that, even though I dislike it, Through the Fire and Flames fits very well with the "It's Raining Blood" chapter.

    This has to be the one I like the most out of the whole soundtrack:


    It was a pleasure hearing it live.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  11. #11
    XCON: Enemy Without Bail
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On A Vertical Slice Of Outer Heaven.
    Posts
    2,118
    Reputation
    119

    Didn't we do this already?

    Oh well, i'm always up for things like this.
    San Andreas has the greatest overall soundtrack by country miles, Vice City's is good but i don't like VC as much as any other GTA game (still awesome).

    But enough about GTA, i'm sure everyone else will fill in the blanks there so i'm going with my next favourite, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.
    It's just so very wrong yet so very right.






    Cheese!

  12. #12
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    AJL_LEYJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    496
    Reputation
    5

    the best gta song of all time

  13. #13
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    YumeOMiru's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Reality, sadly......
    Posts
    1,463
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It actually has no rock songs, just many different variatons of metal, most of which I've never liked. Got to admit that, even though I dislike it, Through the Fire and Flames fits very well with the "It's Raining Blood" chapter.

    This has to be the one I like the most out of the whole soundtrack:


    It was a pleasure hearing it live.
    Oh, I think I phrased it wrong but metal is genre of rock. So to make that clear.
    Hand-bra Jeans

    The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

    Medaka Box


  14. #14
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Waystedyou's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,258
    Reputation
    27

    I always liked the songs that play in battlefield bad company 2: Vietnam expansion, all stuff from that era, flight of the valkyries on the radio while flying the Huey is always fun.
    Or some fortunate son



  15. #15
    ლ(ಠдಠლ)
    Aipher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    358
    Reputation
    33

    This was my fave from VC. The monopoly continues (but admittedly Brutal Legend had some good tracks)


  16. #16
    illegal in 9 countries
    ant1th3s1s's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,459
    Reputation
    526

    I don't care for the radio stations in the GTA games, it's little more than a distraction in the most highly overrated game series of all time. The driving sucks, the shooting sucks and GTA IV's blurry graphics rendering makes it almost unplayable.

    I'll go with the original WipEout (Wipeout (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), Brutal Legend and Rock Band series.

    PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

  17. #17
    ლ(ಠдಠლ)
    Aipher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    358
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I don't care for the radio stations in the GTA games, it's little more than a distraction in the most highly overrated game series of all time. The driving sucks, the shooting sucks and GTA IV's blurry graphics rendering makes it almost unplayable.
    In your opinion. The radio stations had some of the best chatter ever and set the ambience really well. I'd just get in a car and park on the side just to listen to things like chatterbox in GTA3.

    I'll go with the original WipEout (Wipeout (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), Brutal Legend and Rock Band series.
    Wipeout had brilliant tracks, not sure what happened to Cold Storage though.

  18. #18
    illegal in 9 countries
    ant1th3s1s's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,459
    Reputation
    526

    Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    In your opinion. The radio stations had some of the best chatter ever and set the ambience really well. I'd just get in a car and park on the side just to listen to things like chatterbox in GTA3.
    Of course, in my opinion. I didn't preface the comment with "studies show..."

    I agree, it added ambience, but most of it was white noise. If only they'd put as much effort into making the games fun to play...in my opinion.

    Dont get me wrong, I like GTA, particularly GTA 3 & Vice City, it's simply the core mechanics of driving and shooting aren't as good as they should be, especially for the mediocre and highly disappointing GTA IV and for as much effort as they put into the radio, I always ended up turning it off to avoid the repetitive sound loops.

    Anyway, that's off-topic. I'll toss WipEout 2097 into the mix too.

    PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

  19. #19
    ლ(ಠдಠლ)
    Aipher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    358
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Of course, in my opinion. I didn't preface the comment with "studies show..."

    I agree, it added ambience, but most of it was white noise. If only they'd put as much effort into making the games fun to play...in my opinion.

    Dont get me wrong, I like GTA, particularly GTA 3 & Vice City, it's simply the core mechanics of driving and shooting aren't as good as they should be, especially for the mediocre and highly disappointing GTA IV and for as much effort as they put into the radio, I always ended up turning it off to avoid the repetitive sound loops.

    Anyway, that's off-topic. I'll toss WipEout 2097 into the mix too.
    Yeah, I think we're almost on the same page here. Technically there was a lot to be desired with GTA. The shooting and driving were admittedly lacking (but sufficient and satisfactory), but on the overall scope, they were jacks of all trade, brought new design ideas to the table and were overall immersive experiences and gave players freedom.

    Back on topic, the Wipeout series has always had great soundtracks, but really I can't think of any game that tops GTA: VC at this moment. I guess it's because of the time I was born, and that was the music I grew up with.

  20. #20
    Its plugged into the wall
    gyrocop's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Dumb Puns
    Posts
    1,456
    Reputation
    108

    Here's a few gems I like

    From Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken



    From InFamous



    From Brütal Legend





    Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

    Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO