Captain America: The Winter Soldier

This is a discussion on Captain America: The Winter Soldier within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Actor Anthony Mackie will play Cap's partner Falcon in the forthcoming sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The Hollywood Reporter ...

PRO Member

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Actor Anthony Mackie will play Cap's partner Falcon in the forthcoming sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The Hollywood Reporter says the Hurt Locker and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter actor is currently in negotiations with Marvel Studios to play Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon, a social worker-turned-costumed crime fighter in Harlem.

Falcon was the first African-American superhero in mainstream comics. In the original Marvel Comics, Falcon became an Avenger; in the Ultimates universe, he is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Falcon will be making his live-action, big screen debut with the Cap sequel, which will be directed by the Russo brothers. Falcon's inclusion in the sequel isn't a complete surprise as speculation has suggested he would be after Marvel revealed he's in the lineup of their upcoming Avengers Assemble animated TV series.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens April 4, 2014.

INTJ

oh my god yes

Kid, not loser

Awesome. Wonder if they will add Falcon to the next Avengers movie. More than likely.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Change is good

I really hope they make a game, I wouldn't care if it was like the first. This will be sweet.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Funnily enough,i watched Captain America tonight on Sky Movies and ive seen it several times now and its an awesome film.So reading this to find out there is a sequel is just even better.Thanks Marccap

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

All out of bubblegum.....

Awesome find. Capt America was a great movie, even though I was doubting the main characters acting chops. Good stuff.
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Kiwi Defender

So they are adding Falcon to the mix? Awesome. Now I wonder if they'll have the actual Winter Soldier in the movie or the name is just a big mix-up .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Well, the actor who plays "The Winter Soldier" got signed to the same 3 picture deal as Hugo Weaving. So I doubt the title is just cause.

I wonder how they'll work Sam "Flip" Wilson's Falcon into the story - he's got obvious ties to Red Skull, but I wonder if they are going to start with him as a pimp, or they going to skip to the social worker aspect. Falcon can be pretty bad ass when he's angry, and has been prone a lot of time to fly off the handle, but I wonder if Marvel isn't going to just play it safe and make him less edgier than he's been in the last decade of the comics.

The Winter Soldier arc is probably among the best stories ever told in the pages of Captain America's own serial, so it would be almost idiotic for it not to be the direction that Marvel takes Cap to with his "Phase 2" project. I would say that it would be pretty damn hard to mess up The Winter Soldier, but then again - The Phoenix Saga and Venom have shown me that where there is Hollywood, there's a way to fuck shit up.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Jinx? ...Stands for Jinx!

FALCON YES YES YES

I wonder if Baron Zemo will be considered as a character for a Captain America film From comics he was pretty decent.

Thanks to Luckay for this Signature and Dare_xLw Avatar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

The _ is silent.

This is sounding better than the first already! The inclusion of The Falcon is great news, and even better news, it's Anthony Mackie! He was great in We Are Marshall and I can't wait to see his take on The Falcon!

Sig and Avatar by SideEffect