Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Books

This is a discussion on Books within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Whats your favourite book? What are you currently reading? Recommend a book. I'm currently trying this (for the third time). ...

Dull Ember

Books

Whats your favourite book? What are you currently reading? Recommend a book.

I'm currently trying this (for the third time). I love all his other early books but this one is heavy going. Anybody else read it? What did you think of it?
    Signature by Djunglist, Avatar by DaRe.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Some books in my collection are over a hundred years old, not reading anything currently but I'm into ancient historical literature

Lvl 6 - Silver

I really enjoy the sigma series by James Rollins there are somewhere around 9 books in the series and it seems like Rollins releases a new one every year or so they are about the sigma force a fictional divison of DARPA to investigate and to secure sensitive information that could be a threat to the United States. I would suggest these books to anyone who likes action or history the series takes bits and peices from actual history and uses it and twists it to make very interesting books

Inactive

I enjoy reading space science books, I'm in love with astronomy. I'm not currently not reading any book but I finished reading this book about a month ago:

Great book! Poor pluto.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Editor in Chief - Editorials

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    Some books in my collection are over a hundred years old, not reading anything currently but I'm into ancient historical literature
    Classics should be required reading in order to be recognised as a human being.
    Thucydides, Plutarch, Cicero, Cassius Dio, Arrian, Livy, Polybius and Sallust.

My Favourite book would have to be The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas or Goethe's Faust (from which I get my handle ^__^)

Crocodile Hunter

Im re-reading the Temeraire series, please someone tell me you know what they are

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

my favorite book would have to be gone with the wind. i'm currently reading the green mile and lord of the flies

PRO Member

dont really have a favorite but I love the Road and Of Mice and Men. Currently reading The Sum of all Fears really good book

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I really enjoy the satirical absurdity found in Vonnegut novels. I first read Slaughterhouse-Five in 8th grade and I've read it a few time more since.

Up the Irons!

West by West: My Charmed, Tormented Life by Jerry West. I'm currently reading it, it's my favorite book of all-time, and it's about and written by my favorite player of all-time.

My favorite books are AUTObiographies. I really dislike fiction books.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I agree with Pancake Models recommendation on Kurt Vonnegut. A couple of my favorites:

PSN 100%
    Braid - Deathspank - Super Stardust HD

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

I'm currently reading Crime and Punishment which is great; I've been really enjoying Russian Literature recently. Alongside this I'm reading Life of Pi and How late it was, how late for English lit at school and then The puzzle of Ethics for philosophy at school.

All really enjoyable / interesting books in their own right.

Favourite book? Maybe Catcher in Rye, but I might only be choosing that because it's fresh in my mind after recently reading it...

PRO Member

By far the best book I have ever read about robots and the end of the world. The author is a doctor in robotics and have an incedible gift of explaining and making the reader believe that this could very well happen

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

It's so tough to choose my favorite book, but my fave book I've read in the last 12 months is...

A brilliant take on zombie horror with a very british feel, short and sweet and very pulpy

ATM I'm reading...

good so far only 40 pages in

子連れ狼

The entire Sherlock Holmes Collection is a good read!

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 44 just started

XCON: Enemy Without Bail

Currently reading the final book in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series, been one hell of a ride so far and i don't want it to end. So much so, i'm reading Richard Laymon's Darkness Tell Us inbetween spells once again to lengthen the adventures of Roland a little further.

As for favourites, the list is long and not the most cultured but i love horror novels mainly, James Herbert, Stephen King, David Moody, Brian Keene, Dean Koontz, Richard Layman and Shaun Hutson among the prominent authors in my collection.

All out of bubblegum.....

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Currently reading the final book in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series, been one hell of a ride so far and i don't want it to end. So much so, i'm reading Richard Laymon's Darkness Tell Us inbetween spells once again to lengthen the adventures of Roland a little further.

As for favourites, the list is long and not the most cultured but i love horror novels mainly, James Herbert, Stephen King, David Moody, Brian Keene, Dean Koontz, Richard Layman and Shaun Hutson among the prominent authors in my collection.
    Fuck yeah, Brian Keene baby!

I'm a huge fan of GRRM ( Game of Thrones series), Ender's game series, anything King or Koontz. LOTR trilogy, the Hobbit are mainstays of course. Also a huge fan of anything horror obviously. This and anything by Chuck Pahlinuk ( spelling on his last name is shit, I know). Haunted, Fight Club, Choke, Pygmy, etc... all his books are over the top, and amazing. My favorite book of all time is American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I have zero interest in religion or spiritual stuff, but this was AN AWESOME read. Definetely recommend it. I hear rumor they're making it into a series for HBO too. Fingers crossed!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Classics should be required reading in order to be recognised as a human being.
    Thucydides, Plutarch, Cicero, Cassius Dio, Arrian, Livy, Polybius and Sallust.

My Favourite book would have to be The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas or Goethe's Faust (from which I get my handle ^__^)
    Faust is on it again! Classic texts can actually be quite fun to read, Caesars own accounts of the Gallic Wars or the Civil Wars, Livy's accounts of Hannibal or Alexander, Plutarch and his Parallel Lives, Thucydides in Pericles or Xenophon and the Anabasis! Cicero isn't bad just got a bit tired of his shit.

Other than classical literature I like historical fiction such as Valerio Massimo Manfredi, Terence Strong and Bernard Cornwell and im a fan of Christopher Paolini and Sergei Luyanenko!

I read a lot of battlefield accounts aswell such as Thunder Run by David Zucchino, Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden, Sniper One by Dan Mills, We Were Soldiers by Hal Moore, and the works of Michael Asher.

There just my highlights, I read quite a bit........

Lvl 7 - Gold

You don't read books, you read stories, novels, historical recollections. Books are what contains these experiences.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post

I really enjoy the satirical absurdity found in Vonnegut novels. I first read Slaughterhouse-Five in 8th grade and I've read it a few time more since.
    Tralfamadore!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast