Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Star wars Episode 7 (2015) - Details and more

This is a discussion on Star wars Episode 7 (2015) - Details and more within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; So Star Wars episode 7 has been announced by Disney. Lets get all the News straight. It's Mostly Been Good ...

INTJ

Star wars Episode 7 (2015) - Details and more

So Star Wars episode 7 has been announced by Disney.

Lets get all the News straight. It's Mostly Been Good News so far.

The Good News

Rick McCallum, Singlehandedly Responsible for the Star wars Prequels, Was fired due to the buyout.

'Star Wars' Producer Rick McCallum Quietly Retired from Lucasfilm | FirstShowing.net

The Empire Strikes back Screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan is back for the new Movie (All my money), along with X-Men: First Class Scribe Simon Kinberg

'Star Wars' Experts: Disney 'Strikes' Gold With 'Empire' Writer - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

Michael Arndt, Writer for Toy Story 3, Is writing for the new trilogy.

'Stars Wars VII' To Be Written By 'Toy Story 3' Scribe Michael Arndt? - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

George Lucas is NOT DIRECTING OR WRITING THE NEW EPISODES. THANK GOD.

JOHN WILLIAMS IS MAKING THE SOUNDTRACK!

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-e...r-18-2015.html

Current Rumors

Lando Calrissian is spotted in the script, along with a few other old characters Luke/Leia/etc.

Billy Dee Williams' Lando Calrissian Back for Star Wars: Episode VII? - IGN

Harrison Ford Is Open to playing Han Solo in the new movie:

Harrison Ford, 'Star Wars Episode 7': Actor Open To Playing Han Solo Again

Rumors are talking about the script involving family drama among the skywalker family, along with other things:

'Star Wars' VII brings new hope - SFGate

The Bad News

the only one so far is that this movie could fail hype-wise. Disney isn't afraid of making mature movies so that can't be said.

so lets hope Lucasarts decided to forget about the prequels, and focus on the amazing first 3 movies that ever came out for star wars.

if not, well at least red letter media has new content to rip apart.
    Last edited by Ps360; 11-07-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Some very positive things being said there, i'm actually interested now, especially with Kasdan involved.

Mild Episode VII- IX prediction - Not as good as the original trilogy, far better than the second trilogy.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Lvl 6 - Silver

i want to see Lando chugging a Colt 45

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    i want to see Lando chugging a Colt 45
    Best Picture Nominee

Billy Dee Williams is the man

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

illegal in 9 countries

Not too keen on Star Wars: The Geriatric Generation appearing in the new trilogy. Seriously, most of them are pushing 70. Do they really need cameo appearances from the original muppet show to transition to the new movies?

Make the new trilogy an alternate story arc, not a continuation of the main plot. Insert Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Bobba Fett, Chewbacca, R2D2 and C3PO (all ageless thanks to their costumes) if need be...that's more than enough continuity.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on film...enough said. Let the aging meatbags fade into obscurity.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on flim...enough said. Let the aging meatbags fade into obscurity.
    enough said ^^^^^

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Banned

I've seen this kind of thing happen too many times, it's going to fail because it's star wars and fans expect it to be the second coming.
    Also everyone lets nostalgia blind their vision because they think that everything was golden back when they were young but they never seem to realise that in time they will grow out of that mindset and they can never get it back, it's an endless cycle and it applies to every form of entertainment, culture and lifestyle.

This is Fred, I'm going to ask him what his youth was like.

"Fred what was your youth like"?

"Son... did I ever tell ya bout the good ol' days? When the woman were classy and the music was fine, and all me mates would get blown tee smithereens in the war? Those sure was the days I tell ya son, those was the days"

This is what the average elderly male citizen would tell you if you got onto the topic of his youth, to him it's what he grew up with and he can only appreciate it because he never knew any better, now since we are living in the age of technology if you put one of us into that era we would willingly give our brains to the wall behind us lololol What Fred fails to realise is that he can't open his mind to the new era of technology and instead bashes it because of all it's inconvenient complications, lack of any mutuality and the ability to gain nostalgia and thus warm his long decayed childhood.

The older older generations will always compare to their unbeatable nostalgic fond memories, the newer generations will have the open minds and appreciate what they see without pointing out all the differences they don't like.

What goes up must stay down, otherwise mother nature would get bored!!!

Angel of Death

lol Geriatric Generation...

Anyway, I'd love to see a cameo from Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill; it would be really cool. And I liked Episode III, but I and II were pretty bad. Here's to hoping for a movie equal to the original trilogy...

Rangers F.C

Some stuff sounds cool but would not use Han Solo again , look how well the Crystal Skull turned out
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

INTJ

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on film
    you mean the game series that pissed off a bunch of canon lore fans and was overall lackluster?

no.

i would like a continuation post rebel vs empire. Destroying the death star, Vader, and the emperor didn't simply go "ok guys the empire is over everyone pack up"

They don't have to be very subtle cameos either, it can just be a simple nod to the earlier movies.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    you mean the game series that pissed off a bunch of canon lore fans and was overall lackluster?
    no.
    No I mean a break from the traditional Star Wars saga to create new and interesting characters and mature, darker stories that aren't inherently linked to the Skywalkers fairytale. Much like what 1313 is doing.

Star Wars is a huge universe. I don't know why fanboys need to constrain themselves to canon from a 35 year old kiddy movie. Nostalgia sucks. Open your mind, get over it and move on.

We don't need Star Wars: The Christmas Reunion Special to fill in the backstory. We've all seen the first 6 movies, that story is done. It's time for a new protagonist. The Force, Jedi, Sith, Empire and Rebel Alliance will still play a role, we don't need rehashed, aged characters to be involved.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Platinum Dohvakiin

no.
    The 'prequels' did more of that than the game series ever did.

i would like a continuation post rebel vs empire. Destroying the death star, Vader, and the emperor didn't simply go "ok guys the empire is over everyone pack up"
    You do realize that Vader is dead right? Just sayin

If they are going to make another Star Wars movie, I seriously hope they learned from the mistakes of the last ones. Because I can't seriously take anymore of that garbage. The highlight of those three movies, was finally getting to see Yoda in a lightsaber duel, seriously, that is it, nothing else in those movies, even deserves to be mentioned, by anyone, period.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    If they are going to make another Star Wars movie, I seriously hope they learned from the mistakes of the last ones. Because I can't seriously take anymore of that garbage. The highlight of those three movies, was finally getting to see Yoda in a lightsaber duel, seriously, that is it, nothing else in those movies, even deserves to be mentioned, by anyone, period.
    Agreed. That and Darth Maul wielding polearm / dual-sabers were the highlights for me. I paid the admission price for those scenes alone.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    You do realize that Vader is dead right? Just sayin
    uh yea of course.

illegal in 9 countries

uh yea of course.
    What about Anakin Skywalker's force ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi? Seems dead to me.

Phantasm? Elaborate ruse? Zombie Vader?

INTJ

Samuel L Jackson wants Mace Windu return in Disney's Star Wars: Episode VII (21.12.2012)

if darth maul survived after being cut in half, mace windu can make a return too.

Harvester of Souls

Not too keen on Star Wars: The Geriatric Generation appearing in the new trilogy. Seriously, most of them are pushing 70. Do they really need cameo appearances from the original muppet show to transition to the new movies?

Make the new trilogy an alternate story arc, not a continuation of the main plot. Insert Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Bobba Fett, Chewbacca, R2D2 and C3PO (all ageless thanks to their costumes) if need be...that's more than enough continuity.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on film...enough said. Let the aging meatbags fade into obscurity.
    Agreed. That and Darth Maul wielding polearm / dual-sabers were the highlights for me. I paid the admission price for those scenes alone.
    ^^^^^^ Yup . I don't mind a brief cameo or something, but no the main stars... . just going to ruin it. And honestly, without the emperor, death star, vader, etc, no reason to continue the Empire VS Rebel arc.

Definitely agreeing with the quotes here.

Plus Maul is badass . I'd like to see more of his race and the staff sabers used. EPICNESS

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Harrison Ford Is Open to playing Han Solo in the new movie:

Harrison Ford, 'Star Wars Episode 7': Actor Open To Playing Han Solo Again
    THAT WOULD BE SO EPIC!
    (caps).. the caps was necessary.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

INTJ

Drew Struzan for Star Wars: Episode VII Artwork? - IGN

"I got a couple calls already this week on Star Wars from Disney," Struzan revealed to Fanhattan. "Oh my god, I'm trying to be retired! You know, I spent 35 years painting Star Wars. [laughs] I painted Star Wars before most of you were born! But I guess there is always a chance. There’s no intention... If the opportunity arises, it will be a real temptation. But it's going to have to be a real temptation to get me away from my wife and my little grandkids and my family... But, you know, never say never. All things are possible."
    the same guy behind the special editon artwork, back to the future art, etc. is making artwork for the new episode

INTJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast