DC comics finally decides to go full force movie making

This is a discussion on DC comics finally decides to go full force movie making within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Warner Bros. Unveils DC COMICS Film Slate - WONDER WOMAN, THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN, AQUAMAN, CYBORG, More | Newsarama.com 2016: ...

INTJ

DC comics finally decides to go full force movie making

Warner Bros. Unveils DC COMICS Film Slate - WONDER WOMAN, THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN, AQUAMAN, CYBORG, More | Newsarama.com

2016:

March 25: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
    August 5: Suicide Squad

2017:

June 23: Wonder Woman
    November 17: Justice League

2018:

March 23: The Flash
    July 27: Aquaman

2019:

April 5: Shazam
    June 14: Justice League 2

2020:

April 3: Cyborg
    June 19: Green Lantern

lets hope dc comics doesnt pull a activision and kills a entire genre because they arnt the best

Kiwi Defender

They're gonna be as bad as Marvel's, and they're just gonna get worse with time.

Can't wait.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

Is that Green Lantern 2 or a reboot already? I guess if Marvel can reboot Spiderman and Fantastic Four in a couple of years time why not DC as well.

The problem with DC superheroes is...they all kind of suck. Besides Batman (who has enough movies thank you) there really isn't any other DC character I would like to see a movie about.

Also I like how the Justice League movie is slated before any of the other movies. Why not create a movie before movie goers are introduced to all the characters.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Trophy Guide Grand Master

I don't like that they are casting someone completely different as Flash for the movies than the Flash they have with their new TV show, which is I might add. They could pull of the Justice League faster if they just mix in their established TV show heroes such as Flash with the bigger names from the movies such as Batman and Superman. Just kinda seems like a waste IMO. At least Marvel has enough sense to not recast characters for the Agents of SHIELD TV show that also appear in the movies

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Is that Green Lantern 2 or a reboot already? I guess if Marvel can reboot Spiderman and Fantastic Four in a couple of years time why not DC as well.
    you can blame sony (spiderman) and fox (fantastic four/xmen) for that.

marvel has no control over that because they sold the movie rights to them years ago. hope marvel can find a way to buy them back.

i think the only reason they are rebooted anymore is because they want to keep the rights

if it doesnt touch the mcu, marvel isnt responsible for it.

The problem with DC superheroes is...they all kind of suck. Besides Batman (who has enough movies thank you) there really isn't any other DC character I would like to see a movie about.
    a problem with dc comics is that they keep going the grimdark bullshit route with their movies.

a example is the recent superman movie man of steel. as redlettermedia puts it, the movie is so entirely insane because it tries to paint superman as a hero despite metropolis getting utterly destroyed and millions died.

rlm's review goes massively indepth on this. spoiler heavy too. (skip to 5 minutes if it doesnt automatically skip to the right part, eveything before that is plot for the rlm show)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4u-HLm8maE#t=306

marvel is smart enough to not do that.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I agree with dr mayus and Davey keep it uniform or it'll suck more and most of the dc characters are ok in justice league but not as good to have their own movie..

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    you can blame sony (spiderman) and fox (fantastic four/xmen) for that.

marvel has no control over that because they sold the movie rights to them years ago. hope marvel can find a way to buy them back.

i think the only reason they are rebooted anymore is because they want to keep the rights

if it doesnt touch the mcu, marvel isnt responsible for it.

a problem with dc comics is that they keep going the grimdark bullshit route with their movies.

a example is the recent superman movie man of steel. as redlettermedia puts it, the movie is so entirely insane because it tries to paint superman as a hero despite metropolis getting utterly destroyed and millions died.

rlm's review goes massively indepth on this. spoiler heavy too. (skip to 5 minutes if it doesnt automatically skip to the right part, eveything before that is plot for the rlm show)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4u-HLm8maE#t=306

marvel is smart enough to not do that.
    “You can make your superhero a psychopath, you can draw gut-splattering violence, and you can call it a "graphic novel," but comic books are still incredibly stupid.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jmaster View Post
    “You can make your superhero a psychopath, you can draw gut-splattering violence, and you can call it a "graphic novel," but comic books are still incredibly stupid.
    you couldn't be more wrong on so many levels and im not even gunna go into it coz you will probably still not understand...

Kiwi Defender

I guess if Marvel can reboot Spiderman and Fantastic Four in a couple of years time why not DC as well.
    Yeah, because Marvel owns the rights to those movies and had anything to do with that. Yeap. Totally Marvel's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaster View Post
    I suppose you believe videogames to be the same, then. Might as well stop visting a forum dedicated to something "incredibly stupid".

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.