Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

The Last Anime Series/Movie You Watched!! NOT LATEST EPISODE!! No Spoilers Please!!

This is a discussion on The Last Anime Series/Movie You Watched!! NOT LATEST EPISODE!! No Spoilers Please!! within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; So I just finished watching Romeo X Juliet, and as I wipe a few tears away I'll say it's a ...

Monica Rial #1 Fan

So I just finished watching Romeo X Juliet, and as I wipe a few tears away I'll say it's a brilliant alternate universe version to the most beloved love story of all time. On top of that it's absolutely beautiful. I have the DVD set, and yet it looked like I was watching a blu-ray version of the show. My blu-ray player most certainly upscales beautifully, but then again this anime comes from Gonzo, and they know a thing or two about how an anime should look.

Well now I think it's time to watch the first season of Sekirei, as a story refresher, in preparation for season 2 which I may be receiving in the mail as early as tomorrow.

I'm probably the only guy on the planet that would go from watching RxJ to watching Sekirei.

PRO Member

tomorrow seriously no way now i'm jealous...I have too still wait still no release date on madman over here ..so i got it off ebay but still have too wait for it in the mail..oh well till got 40+ episodes to go just reached the 100's in eyeshield and man the kanto tournament is dangerous..the rivals are out for blood. Agon not only threatened to stop eyeshield 21 his gonna kill him...very twisted guy indeed..here's the new intro song for season 4!
    Last edited by DrJackel666; 01-01-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The only anime I ever really got into was NGE.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    tomorrow seriously no way now i'm jealous...I have too still wait still no release date on madman over here ..damn you TLK!
    Well I ordered it from Rightstuf, and apparently even though it doesn't release 'til Tuesday, they must have gotten it in early and hence already shipped it to me. As of yesterday it is close, but today being a holiday and a Sunday....

Trophy Guide Kitten

Just finished watching Chobits. I thought it was a cute one
    K? Thanks

PRO Member

you need too look into eyeyshield TLK it's awesome it's that great I dont want it too end!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious View Post
    Just finished watching Chobits. I thought it was a cute one
    I HEART CHOBITS!

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    you need too look into eyeyshield TLK it's awesome it's that great I dont want it too end!
    I'll look into it.

PRO Member

and if I finish eyeshield 21 before seikirei season 2 shows i might look int romeo x juliet seeing it's one of the many animes i own i am yet too watch!

PRO Member

Last anime I watched was Monster by Naoki Urasawa.. I loved the manga, so I was trying out the anime. Unfortunately, the anime isn't as good as the manga.

Sig by Beam| Avatar by Abstract

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Wadefan1 View Post
    I loved the manga, so I was trying out the anime. Unfortunately, the anime isn't as good as the manga.
    That's usually how it is unfortunately

I'm currently(ish) watching an anime called Magipoka. It's...a little weird. I don't think I really like it but I will ride it out until I finish it.

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Samurai Champloo FTW
    "I trancend race hombre"
    K.P.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Air 3-4
    Birdy the Mighty: Decode 02 7-8-This season just keeps getting more epic.
    Rurouni Kenshin (Sony Dubbed<_<) 80
    Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (AKA Squid Girl 2) 12 (End)-8/10

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Just finished Sekirei Season 1. Should be getting Season 2 in the mail in the morning, so that'll be next, followed by Initial D 4th Stage, which I'll also be getting in the mail.

Lvl 9 - Gold

EDIT: Wrong thread, whoops me.
    Last edited by YumeOMiru; 01-04-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Just finished Sekirei : Pure Engagement. It did not disappoint. Everything that was great about season 1 is back, and in a lot of ways better. Perhaps the only thing I'll complain about is that I thought the show would wrap, but they have plans for at least one more season so we have an open ending, obviously. Other than that, everything else is gravy. This show really is very good, I know many people will try to call bulls**t on me for that because of the shows heavy, and I mean heavy, usage of fan service, but I'm not the kind that's into this type of show overall. My collection of this type of show is minimal at best, and a few of those titles I plain loathe, but this one really tops them all. There's something to be said about a show that's so heavy on fan service, actually having an episode where I actually cried a little. Very emotionally charged. It's a credit to the creators and writers and it shows that just as much time and effort went into plot development, character development, and story, as did the character design and fan service, maybe even more so.

Most will poo poo my assessment, and for those who would turn up your noses at this type of stuff, well you'll be missing a really fun, surprisingly deep, and at times really sweet and cute, show.

**EDIT**

Just started Initial D 4th Stage...

Last edited by The Legend Killer; 01-05-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by GiggleBob View Post
    The only anime I ever really got into was NGE.
    You should try the new remake, it cuts down on all the angst by 700%. Or if you liked all the angst you should watch the 2 movies that remake the last episodes for a more happy ending, but that may vary from person to person.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Member

Caught the first episode of Blade of the Immortal on Hulu Plus a couple weeks ago.
    76th platinum: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita). 84th PSN/non-platinum 100%: SOULCALIBUR Lost Swords.

NightRaven77's Trophy Checklist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven77 View Post
    Caught the first episode of Blade of the Immortal on Hulu Plus a couple weeks ago.

Blade of Immortal contains rape, just a warning so you donīt freak out. And the ending is.......
    Hand-bra Jeans

Medaka Box

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Bleach which is my favorite

Starkiller supreme

I don't watch a lot of anime but I just watched Tokyo Godfathers and Initial D 4th stage

Toggle Spoiler

platcard by wadefan1

Sig by the one and only LEE200

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast