Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

The Last Anime Series/Movie You Watched!! NOT LATEST EPISODE!! No Spoilers Please!!

This is a discussion on The Last Anime Series/Movie You Watched!! NOT LATEST EPISODE!! No Spoilers Please!! within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; So I just finished Initial D 4th Stage : Project D! Anyone know if there are plans for more? I ...

Monica Rial #1 Fan

So I just finished Initial D 4th Stage : Project D!

Anyone know if there are plans for more? I know there's a couple of Extra Stage OVA's, but the series left me wanting way more than that. Too much left undone, too much left unsaid, too much left unsettled. I want more.

What's next, could be Chrono Crusade or perhaps Megazone 23? Haven't totally decided.

Haven't decided yet, but I will by later tonight.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    Just finished Sekirei Season 1. Should be getting Season 2 in the mail in the morning, so that'll be next, followSo season 2ed by Initial D 4th Stage, which I'll also be getting in the mail.
    So season 2 delivers the goods pretty well huh..kinda guessed it would now I just have too wait for my copy to arrive.

Eyeshield 21
    Best sports anime I have seen in a long time the characters in it was great the story was easy too follow and the matches were awesome..if they actually ended this series right like the manga i;d give it 10/10 but for now it's a 9/10..I can only pray now that the manga's over they continues this series and bring us the true ending.

not sure whats next yet but i'll decide tomorrow!
    Last edited by DrJackel666; 01-09-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    So season 2 delivers the goods pretty well huh..kinda guessed it would now I just have too wait for my copy to arrive.
    Yeah the anime gives you about what you got in season 1, more of the raunchiness, but also more character and plot development, and a couple of surprises. I thought initially this season would end things, but it's more a bridge. However, I've recently learned that it's following the manga pretty religiously, only changing some minor things, but for the most part staying true to the original. The manga apparently is divided up into 4 phases of the "Sekirei Plan", season 1 was phase 1, season 2 is phase 2, so I'm guessing we will probably see 2 more seasons. I don't believe season 3 has even aired on Japanese tv, so it'll be a while before we see it in the states. Overall if you enjoyed season 1 then you'll enjoy season 2. There's also a couple of commentary tracks for a couple of episodes, one featuring Joel McDonald(Minato) and Leah Clark(Homura/Kagura), and the other featuring Alexis Tipton(Musubi) and Jamie Marchi(Uzume) that are worth the listen. 'Bout the only thing I didn't like was the OVA. The OVA while it's on the last disc actually takes place in between seasons 1 and 2, so you should probably check it out first. Personally though I didn't care for it too much. i know the show is raunchy and whatnot but this episode is essentially what most people who have never watched the show would think the whole thing is about. It's essentially a half hour long continuous boob joke, that at times gets kind of mean spirited and just doesn't mesh well with the rest of the show. It's like they let someone else write it, and that person was about 14 years old, and all they were going to concentrate on was the girls and their boobs, and nothing else. The OVA in season 1 was so much better. At the end of the OVA there is a funny 4 minute segment that shows clips from season 1 but with the theme of asking the characters what they think season 2 should be about. That actually has some funny stuff in it, but overall the OVA pretty much sucks.

Alright enough of that.

So yesterday in between all the football and hockey I started and finished Megazone 23. An interesting anime from the '80's that's very 80's. The story most definitely resembles in some ways a certain 1999 sci-fi action bullet time classic movie, but with a twist. Many have speculated that this was directly inspirational to the flick, and I can see why. Overall it's not great, but it's not bad either. It really is worth the watch for the nostalgia and history of it, as it was one of the very first OVA's ever produced, and there is a great commentary track in part 1 that's definitely worth the listen as the ADV people talk about the history of the anime and how difficult it was to find anime in the 80's, a time before most of you were born. The series is essentially 4 OVA's, 2 80 minute ones, and two 50 minute ones. The show is actually pretty violent, quite a bit of blood and gore, and in true 80's fashion even tosses in a couple of gratuitious sex scenes, marking this only the second anime I've ever watched that goes that far. The show is older so the girls in the show look more human, in that they don't have "G" or "H" cups, they more resemble what the female form is really like, there is your fair share of the fan service in it, just not as blatant as stuff nowadays, outside of prior mentioned sex scenes. This one I would definitely recommend to watch, just to see some anime history.

Up next, I'll be going with this...

PRO Member

I decided to watch something short after watching one piece and then eyeshield which were both over 100+ episodes!

Lvl 8 - Gold

I decided to watch something short after watching one piece and then eyeshield which were both over 100+ episodes!
    I APPROVE!

I think I'm going to try finishing YYH finally. I've had all the sets sitting around for a while, and have only made it through the first one. But my "new" backlog keeps growing, so I guess I should try working my way through at least a little bit of it.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    I APPROVE!

I think I'm going to try finishing YYH finally. I've had all the sets sitting around for a while, and have only made it through the first one. But my "new" backlog keeps growing, so I guess I should try working my way through at least a little bit of it.
    I'm jealous, I gotta get those soon.

You'll be happy to know I'm 13 episodes into Chrono Crusade, another absolutely terrific anime from my favorite anime studio, Gonzo.

PRO Member

Ahhh yu yu such fond memories and I just watched the opening theme to chrono crusades wow what a catchy tune might have too look for my copy after kashimashi!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Alright just finished Chrono Cross.

Gotta say Gonzo really did something unique here. This is a very weird series in that it starts pretty lighthearted and the series goes dark in a big hurry, not that that's a bad thing. For the most part Gonzo follows that type of formula in most of the series I've watched, and it's worked well for them in my eyes. I won't spoil anything, but I'd highly recommend this one. Very raw and interesting stuff, also very deep in religion so if that's not your cup of tea you may not find the same enjoyment I did. The ending was a little weird. To me the ending of the series came at just past the halfway point of the final episode, after that everything else was okay, but the true climax had already passed, and the rest just kinda felt like filler. Not that I'm complaining, as always Gonzo finds ways to make me love the characters and actually shed some tears when they hurt or suffer. Not as dynamic as the endings to some of their other great works like Witchblade, Samurai 7, and Solty Rei, but still filled with a boatload of heart. Gonzo continues to shine in my eyes, and it's my intention of eventually watching each and every series that they've done.

Up next....

PRO Member

After realising I ordered the wrong version of kashimashi i sent it back and preordered the english dub version so for now I myself started chrono Crusade after TLK's preview of it and that intro theme is so awesome each time I hear it!

Ice Cream Firefighter

One Piece episode 529 im a couple of weeks behind atm

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Monica Rial #1 Fan

After realising I ordered the wrong version of kashimashi i sent it back and preordered the english dub version so for now I myself started chrono Crusade after TLK's preview of it and that intro theme is so awesome each time I hear it!

That is an awesome OP, as most Gonzo anime's OP's tend to be. However for as great as it is, I still loved the OP for Romeo X Juliet a whole lot more.

PRO Member

6 episodes of Chrono Crusade to go and man this started all cheerful and stuff but got dark very soon ..and seeing sekirei searson 2 still hasn'ft arrived I'm going even darker for my next c hoice.

The intro rather catchy so thats a plus also!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

6 episodes of Chrono Crusade to go and man this started all cheerful and stuff but got dark very soon ..and seeing sekirei searson 2 still hasn'ft arrived I'm going even darker for my next c hoice.
    Where the hell did you order your Sekirei from. I've watched a few anime's since I finished it. Initial D 4th Stage, Chrono Crusade, and tonight I finished Air Gear. That's 72 episodes in total.

So as I stated, I have finished Air Gear. Not knowing what I was getting into I was in for a bit of a surprise. This show was a little raunchier than I expected, and in the English dub they really went all out on the language. This is by far the most foul mouthed anime I've watched to date. Overall a funny, not to be taken too seriously, ride in the sky. Some great performances in the English dub by Chris Patton, Luci Christian, and especially Blake Shepard as Akito/Agito. The Akito/Agito character definitely stole the show in this one.

Fly Little Crow, Fly!!!!

It's funny you should mention watching a Vampire based anime, because that's exactly where I'm going next, just in a different direction as you.

I'm A Walking Anime......

good anime
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm currently watching the new Hunter x Hunter. I'm keeping up with the newest episodes of Bleach, Naruto Shippuuden and Detective Conan (all long series but I love them). I'm also impatiently awaiting the arrival of the second season DVD boxset of Code Geass to arrive. It's due out on Feb. 7th. YAY! I've seen it before but it's in my top 5 fave anime of all time.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    [CENTER]Where the hell did you order your Sekirei from. I've watched a few anime's since I finished it. Initial D 4th Stage, Chrono Crusade, and tonight I finished Air Gear. That's 72 episodes in total.
    Hmmm got air gear in my too watch collection lol and dont forget i ordered sekirei during eyeshield so i have watched 100 plus spisodes myself but yea after posting that vampire knight was next guess what turned up...son of a bitch my season 2 of sekirei but it's just gonna have too wait vampire knight is still nexted. Oh tlk did your sekirei come in a box so you can fit season 1 in there also and the ova included on the third disc?
    Last edited by DrJackel666; 01-16-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

jojo's bizzare adventure, i know the name sounds kinda silly but this anime is just pure classic! the violence the character's art the soundtracks, i just love classic anime such as hokuto no ken and jojo there tonz of stuff better in classic anime than the modern ones

PRO Member

That was an awesome game back on the ps2..whats the anime like?

Chrono Crusade

This started all cheerful and stuff but got dark very soon.. and I have never hated a villian so much in an anime until now Aion was just someone you couldn't stand he manipulated everyone even his own friends..all in all this was a great dark series if your looking for happy times then stay away from this anime it aint that but it is great for what it is. The ending actually had tears falling from my cold eyes that barely ever shed tears...and also the ending makes us wonder does the lord really care about us...after all his surpose to save us in our time of need...well I'm still waiting to see this but i'm getting off track here anyway ..9/10 for this classic series i just wish the ending wasnt so sad!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Hmmm got air gear in my too watch collection lol and dont forget i ordered sekirei during eyeshield so i have watched 100 plus spisodes myself but yea after posting that vampire knight was next guess what turned up...son of a bitch my season 2 of sekirei but it's just gonna have too wait vampire knight is still nexted. Oh tlk did your sekirei come in a box so you can fit season 1 in there also and the ova included on the third disc?
    Yeah I bought the Limited Edition Artbox set that was made to fit both season sets inside, is that what you bought too?

Sorry, my hand accidentally slipped.

I heart Monica Rial!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I used to watch just the basic anime, nothing out of the ordinary.

Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast