Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Japanese Music - Because asian people somehow have better rhythm then everyone else

This is a discussion on Japanese Music - Because asian people somehow have better rhythm then everyone else within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by Ps360 asian people are awesome though. awesome culture (i love the fine blend of city and nature ...

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

asian people are awesome though. awesome culture (i love the fine blend of city and nature in japan) , awesome morality system in japan (which explains the very low crime rate there), etc.

only minus side is that i hear they hate foreigners with a passion, oh well.
    i thought this was another bashing on my country thread.

i see you like yazmia beauty salon ps360. that just earned you some awesome points with me. japanese ppl dont hate foreigners, just the american military here.

rip slyme, teriyaki boyz and southern all stars are some good groups. i would post videos but am lagging already.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    A few Japanese artists that I've come to enjoy over the years...
    snsd is korean though.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    that just earned you some awesome points with me. japanese ppl dont hate foreigners, just the american military here.

yea i heard some nasty shit though, for example how japanese people tend to beat american people up near the citys that were bombed in WW2 and stuff to the point where americans and japanese have seprate visit dates for memorial stuff and other stuff like that.

Store signs that say "No white people" and stuff too. it's like a reverse 1950s.

but my parents actually stayed over there for 5 years in the navy, they said it was hands down the best place they had lived in.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

snsd is korean though.
    Read the whole post maybe?

Yes, so are Rainbow, KARA, and Brown Eyed Girls. I mentioned that they're Korean stars who have been hitting high spots on the charts, because Japan has been really receptive to Korean artists in recent years. The title of the thread says Japanese music, not Japanese artists, and I did post the songs in Japanese.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

INTJ

might as well post american songs remade by japanese then

also any music video DJ OZMA makes is pure gold

PRO Member

And dont forgot the awesome Ayumi Hamasaki - Koda Kumi - l'arc en ciel

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Yeah, I wouldn't expect you to understand this but let's try....

They are Korean artists... singing in Japanese... releasing songs on Japanese labels, to the Japanese music scene... Now let me repeat this one more time

Korean Artists > singing in Japanese > on major Japanese labels.

So you posting a horrible karaoke rendition of a Japanese person singing in English is not relevant to a Japanese music thread.

Other than that, thanks for showing that your illiteracy isn't sheltered exclusively to tech news, but also to music as well. Other than that, I apologize to everybody else for derailing this thread any further because the person who still doesn't know where a dollar sign goes, can't understand the concept of Japanese language music, being sung by people from other countries.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

INTJ

it's still korean artists.

This thread is mainly for Japanese-made Songs/Artists, not Koreans trying to get into the japanese market.

Go make a korean thread if you wanna listen to awesome groups like SNSD and stuff.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Asian people are good at everything.

Not making racist stereotypes
    Well you obviously haven't played Street Fighter 4, eh?

I don't know about you but I find him to be nothing more than a huge racial stereotype.

Here's his move list.
    Habanero Dash / Habanero Back Dash
    Quesadilla Bomb
    Guacamole Leg Throw

So not only is he a Luchador but he's also an aspiring chef yet all his wrestling inspired moves are named after Mexican food dishes? Seriously, Capcom?
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

INTJ

capcom is racist to everything, even japanese people (they hate everyone).

aint a suprise.

PRO Member

Asian people are good at everything.

math, Drawing, Not making racist stereotypes, and so much more.
    This is the funniest thing I've read on the forum all day.

Oh man the irony of this statement. It hurts...

Seriously, I need to stop to breathe.

Ok... Japan doesn't make good metal really, there are a few good bands but if you want good metal, you don't listen to J-Metal.

When it comes to metal CURRENTLY its either the US (if you like Progressive) or Europe (if you like Traditional/Speed). This applies to everything regardless of whether we are talking hardcore, death, mathcore, etc. European groups, on average, are the best at the technical aspects of it. US groups, on average, are the best at the progressive aspects of it.

Maximum the hormone is not a great example of either branch of metal, and I'm not sure how he can be mistaken as "so fucking metal." He's actually pretty Nu/Alt/Punk in his style. He blends alot of pop and punk influences to subdue the edge and technical acumen that comes with good metal. His music tends to be much less composed and directed in the aggressive riffs and much more of that punkish/altish simplicity. His style is all about the catchy under-tones and organization of pop, I hate to break it to ya but he is just taking pop-punk like Good Charlotte and adding some Nu/Alt Metal flare.

Also, where is the one really good true metal band to come out of Japan: Dir En Grey?

If you want good, real metal:

Prog-type Metal:

These guys are real metal, Maximum the Hormone isn't permitted to hold their jock when it comes to metal

Heck, nothing personal but all the new metal movements all flow like this now (and really since the 90s):

- A US musician invents the movement
    - Europe gets ahold of it and their metal bands construct a pure sound around it.
    - The US musicians take that pure sound, and fuck with it some more inventing a new movement.

Djent is a great example of this, its credited with being inspired by the Guitarist from Periphery, but bands like Meshuggah make it popular, then other US bands are now taking that style and turning it into new sounds.

Dir En Grey, who I mentioned earlier, is the only good J-Metal band I've ever heard. They fall into this category of Progressive. Their metal isn't focused so much on the purity of the metal sound, but rather re-invention by blending the traditional metal style with other music styles.

Traditional-type Metal:

Again, these guys are at the forefront of quality metal. You're bud Maximum is not making metal, he is "Nu/Alt/Punk." Doesn't make him bad, but he is Metal-lite. To say he is "so fucking metal" is like saying "Oh man, Veteran on MW2 is so hardcore." Maybe its true if you aren't focusing on it as a game.

Thats really the only one you linked I take real issue with (well that and the overt racism and ignorance of the first few sentences), because you linked a guy who isn't really metal and claimed he is a metal singer. Its like me saying Karnivool or Tool is real metal. They have alot of that metal flavor, but its demeaning both to them as musicians and to my intelligence to claim that because neither of those bands are metal. They are both Neo-Progressive Rock. If you are going to say something is metal, make sure its metal. Screaming doesn't make you metal, and you also don't have to scream to be metal. Quick cords alone don't make you metal. Aggressive cords alone don't make you metal.

Metal is all about the aggressive and weighty nature of a series of highly technical cords. Its actually an aggressive derivative of classical music when looking at it from a guitar/bass/drums perspective. Thats why most of the good metal guitarists will tell you go get classically trained, because good metal is organized similarly.

Japan does have some really good pop/pop-rock music though, and I can't argue with their country housing many good composers.
    Last edited by Gauss; 01-09-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

INTJ

pon pon pon

Lvl 8 - Gold

pon pon pon

I've seen that MV so many times, it's not even my type of music but whenever it's thumbnail pops up I've just gotta play it...

I'm more into Japanese TV, been watching a lot of Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!! and Shin Domoto Kyoudai.

Thanks to the latter, I discovered the likes of AKB48, Kinki Kids, Malice Mizer, THE ALFEE, Makihara Noriyuki and so on.

I have started listening too Radwimps, ZEEBRA, Kick the can crew and RIP SLYME though. Really like that style.

Closing this account

Southern Allstars
    I love them so much.

Nakao Mie
    I know this lady personally. Very beautiful voice she has.

Lvl 5 - Silver

oh i forgot about teddyloid

He makes awesome music. very VERY awesome music. He even helped in the Hands down best soundtrack of all time (panty and stocking OST)
    I totally agree, the PSG OST was my favorite album until the Worst OST came out The only things I was slightly disappointed by was that there was no remix to the Scanty and Kneesocks theme. Oh well, still an outstanding album

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Kiwi Defender

pon pon pon

I was hoping to never see that again.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Move
    larcencel
    uberworld
    tm revolution
    and many more that have had their songs put on animes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12