Howard Jones leaves Killswitch Engage!

This is a discussion on Howard Jones leaves Killswitch Engage! within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Idioteq – Howard Jones leaves KILLSWITCH ENGAGE! Just found out about this now, what do you guys think?...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Howard Jones leaves Killswitch Engage!

Idioteq – Howard Jones leaves KILLSWITCH ENGAGE!
    Just found out about this now, what do you guys think?

PRO Member

He wasn't the best lead singer ever, but he was the best thing to happen to that band.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

R.I.P Ellie

Well that sucks

Plats-O'-War!!

FF-Junkie!

Well that suck, but apparently Philip Labonte of All That Remains will be taking the position of front man now . Which isn't exactly the worst thing ever..

Sig masterfully created by the one and only Bladia!
    Checkout my Youtube www.youtube.com/thesonofsephiroth

Lvl 7 - Gold

Lvl 4 - Silver

Jessie David Leach is better and Phil Labonte is better. Sure Howard can sing all pretty, but the songwriting was weaker with him and his abilities to expand himself artistically plateaued years ago. What are the major differences between End of Heartache and When Daylight Dies? Nothing. KSE got formulaic with Howard and his leaving tour because he impregnated a stripper certainly didn't help his cause to stick around.

Blood Has Been Shed comeback time.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

MMA Fan Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Sephiroth View Post
    Well that suck, but apparently Philip Labonte of All That Remains will be taking the position of front man now . Which isn't exactly the worst thing ever..
    I had a feeling that this was going to happen because Phil has been wanting to join them for the longest time. He actually tried out around the same time as Howard, but didn't make it. I guess that means no more All That Remains either, which is a shame because I like both groups. Howard helped take Killswitch to another level after Jesse departed. He'll be sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by BennysGoHome View Post
    Jessie David Leach is better and Phil Labonte is better. Sure Howard can sing all pretty, but the songwriting was weaker with him and his abilities to expand himself artistically plateaued years ago. What are the major differences between End of Heartache and When Daylight Dies? Nothing. KSE got formulaic with Howard and his leaving tour because he impregnated a stripper certainly didn't help his cause to stick around.

Blood Has Been Shed comeback time.
    I enjoyed both Howard's and Jesse's lyrical themes personally. I appreciate metal that doesn't talk about death, destruction, and all that stuff, so the songwriting from both guys was enjoyable to me. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." John 1:1

Current playing: WWE '13 and Borderlands (yes still playing the first one)
    Up Next: Who the heck knows? I'm busy!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

A Bid Farwell. I Love Howard, not many people could recreate the voice on the chorus of rose of sharyn. Even Phil didn't sing it in concert, he let fans sing it when he filled on for Howard.

MMA Fan Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by simdog View Post
    A Bid Farwell. I Love Howard, not many people could recreate the voice on the chorus of rose of sharyn. Even Phil didn't sing it in concert, he let fans sing it when he filled on for Howard.
    I remember that. I was one of the shows back in 2010 when Howard took time off from the tour. It was still an excellent show, but Phil can't reach the highs that Howard could. He is still a good vocalist in his own right though. KSE was supposed to release an album this year, but I wonder if that is still happening?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." John 1:1

Current playing: WWE '13 and Borderlands (yes still playing the first one)
    Up Next: Who the heck knows? I'm busy!

Hidefninja.com

I didn't even realize they were still around. Loved Howard's voice back in the day.