Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Avatar 2 pushed to a 2016 release.

This is a discussion on Avatar 2 pushed to a 2016 release. within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; wow i didnt know they planned on making a trilogy...

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

wow i didnt know they planned on making a trilogy

PRO Member

Can they just cancel it?

Seriously, Avatar was fucking awful. It was a nothing but a cinematography snob's jerk-off material.

I don't have a problem with cinematography. Its a crucial part of filmmaking, but this is just cinematography.

The first Avatar was basically Transformers shot by a pretentious art-school filmmaker.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

The Playboy Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    The first Avatar was basically Transformers shot by a pretentious art-school filmmaker.
    That's what I felt when I read his Interview in the December 2009 issue of Playboy.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by yowzagabowza View Post
    how is wanting a compelling story being a pretentious dick? i get wanting to just see a bunch of cool visuals and cg effects, but i have a hard time sitting for 3 hours listening to bullshit. as far as 4 years is concerned, that doesn't equal a guaranteed good movie. like someone else said, avatar took 14 years, and we all know how that turned out...
    I'm more so attacking the snobby "oh the story in this is awful and it offends my intellect to watch" attitude.

It's the same snobby attitude hanging over "non-original" games.

I was entertained by Avatar not because of the story but because of how well it was put together and presented. Therefor it's a good movie because it entertained me.

Not in anyway suggesting that a compelling story doesn't detract from entertainment value, I've enjoyed such movies as well.

Crocodile Hunter

damn, i enjoyed avatar....I agree with chambers, they shouldnt of even bothered saying it in the first place

Sig by Apokolypz

Resident PHD

If you want to see a film with stunning Cinematography and a compelling storyline/acting/directing/score etc. Just watch the Fountain...and yes Aronofsky did all of his effects with practical effects (and not cg)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    If you want to see a film with stunning Cinematography and a compelling storyline/acting/directing/score etc. Just watch the Fountain...and yes Aronofsky did all of his effects with practical effects (and not cg)
    I couldn't agree with this statement more, not only that but I think that film does the job of Tree of Life better than Tree of Life did.

It hits all the right notes and, although it focuses a bit too much on her loss in my opinion, is a great film.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12