Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honey Badger getting own tv show aka WHY I WEEP FOR THE WORLD

This is a discussion on Honey Badger getting own tv show aka WHY I WEEP FOR THE WORLD within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Fucking Christ... Honey Badger Viral Sensation Heading to TV (Exclusive) - Yahoo! TV H oney Badger don’t care, but the ...

DON'T BLINK

Honey Badger getting own tv show aka WHY I WEEP FOR THE WORLD

Fucking Christ...

Honey Badger Viral Sensation Heading to TV (Exclusive) - Yahoo! TV

Honey Badger don’t care, but the hope is that TV networks will.On the heels of Randall and "the crazy, nastya-- Honey Badger" videos’ 31 million-plus YouTube views, the viral sensation is being developed as an animation/live action comedy hybrid, titled Honey Badger U.

The project, which soon will be pitched to both broadcast and cable networks, will follow an animated Randall, who is the chief professor of life sciences at a dysfunctional university. His course will feature his trademark color-commentary on documentary footage of topics related to science and the animal kingdom while forming an unusual bond with his student, fellow professors and the University mascot, “Honey,” a “nastya--” honey badger.

Charles Bishop and Kirk Schenck, the pair behind six-month-old Canadian production company Six Eleven Media, will serve as executive producers, along with comedian/writer Harland Williams. Christopher Gordon, the creator of Randall’s Honey Badger, Bricken Entertainment’s Bradford Bricken and Principal Entertainment’sDanny Sherman as well as Josh Kesselman are also attached as producers.

“Six Eleven was developing a university-based animated comedy following a professor who thinks he knows more than he really does, and his students, who know even less. When Randall’s Honey Badger videos took off last year garnering tens of millions of avid followers around the world, it seemed natural to merge the two concepts,” said Schenck in a statement.

The team plans to begin pitching the project to networks later this month. If sold, Honey Badger U will continue a growing trend of TV projects conceived in the digital world, where they can develop an initial fan base. Last last year, G4 announced it would develop Epic Meal Time, adapted from the cult YouTube cooking show created by Harley Morenstein.

The sales process coincides with the publication of the book, Honey Badger Don’t Care: Randall’s Guide to Crazy, Nastya-- Animals, and two new iPhone Apps. One app will house a honey badger role-playing game, narrated by Randall; the other will feature Randall’s now famous lines and other gems.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Resident PHD

Well this isn't the worst idea I have ever heard...it isn't a good idea by any means but Rob Schneider having a new sitcom still beats this piece of crap.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Look, I understand why some people don't like this idea anymore than the Geico caveman getting his own show. I empathize with ya...

I can also see where there is a perceived value in this, seriously you are telling me the first time you saw that video you didn't atleast smile? Stuff like this has alot of drawing power because people know it and remember it being funny.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Look, I understand why some people don't like this idea anymore than the Geico caveman getting his own show. I empathize with ya...

I can also see where there is a perceived value in this, seriously you are telling me the first time you saw that video you didn't atleast smile? Stuff like this has alot of drawing power because people know it and remember it being funny.
    Oh don't get me wrong Gauss, I love the clip. (Still watch it from time to time) but a tv show? Really? IF (and that is a big fucking if) it does pass, I give it 4 episodes before it's canned. Having said that, it still would probably be better than Allen Gregory.

Retired TGT Member

For a second I thought they were talking about Tyron Mathieu, the sensational safety (i think safety) from LSU.

I was wrong.

That video is pretty epic though

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    For a second I thought they were talking about Tyron Mathieu, the sensational safety (i think safety) from LSU.I was wrong.That video is pretty epic though
    lmfao, just heard an edited version of the commentary of the BCS championship game. the guy said honey badger over 100 times. thought for sure this had to do with that.

Dominate!

INTJ

whos honey badger and why should i care

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    I was wondering the same, and based on what I read, I think it's some famous videon on Youtube with 31 million views.

Either way, I'm pretty sure it won't last long. Everytime they've tried to make a movie/TV Show out of a popular Youtube video, they haven't lasted.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Retired TGT Member

Okay I'll just bit the bullet and do it:

Surely you've seen that before?

DON'T BLINK

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Wait did my sarcasm detector fail again?

INTJ

Okay I'll just bit the bullet and do it:

Surely you've seen that before?

now that i seen it i have one more question

why is this going on tv

this is the worst viral video i have ever seen

дурак

I got 48 seconds into the video and abruptly paused it for good. This becoming a TV show is just as stupid as Napoleon Dynamite getting it's TV show.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Change is mediocre

Just watched the video for the first time. This would be a terrible idea, but I can see where they are coming from. I am sure this show would bomb after a few episodes. I did not find the video funny at all, more annoying than anything.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I got 48 seconds into the video and abruptly paused it for good. This becoming a TV show is just as stupid as Napoleon Dynamite getting it's TV show.
    I think it's quite a bit worse than that lol.

дурак

I think it's quite a bit worse than that lol.

Honey Badger and Napoleon Dynamite are equally stupid. Hell it's worse than anything Carlos Mencia could spout. That says alot.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Lvl 9 - Gold

People have run outta ideas for tv shows I see.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 5 - Silver

I haven't heard of Honey Badger until just now. I checked out the video and...

How the hell would they stretch that over a half hour?
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Lvl 6 - Silver

show ideas get proposed/developed all the time, but a lot of them never make it past the planning stages and never even get a pilot.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious View Post
    I haven't heard of Honey Badger until just now. I checked out the video and...

How the hell would they stretch that over a half hour?
    the better question is "how did they stretch that into three and a third minutes to begin with?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast