Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

George Lucas will no longer be a cancer on hollywood

This is a discussion on George Lucas will no longer be a cancer on hollywood within the Entertainment forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by Minarum No one's opinion is wrong idiot. Sad day for Lucas Arts. Why sad? they'll keep making ...

  1. #21
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,514
    Reputation
    305

    Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    No one's opinion is wrong idiot.

    Sad day for Lucas Arts.
    Why sad? they'll keep making money and shit anyway lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Good on you George for giving the pathetically obsessive man-children that are Star Wars fans a collective "fuck you"...it's about time they grew up.
    Yeah, everyone has a breaking point, and I can't blame him for reaching his. Then again, he got so much backlash because he fucked up big time with the prequel trilogy, but oh well. At least we all know Han shot first.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  2. #22
    PRO Member
    Rune2303's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    657
    Reputation
    28

    wow...so they finally got to him...well i hope those Star wars fanboys are happy now :/ maybe now they will finally grow up and stop bitching about everything the mans does...like seriously i don't have any opinion on the star wars films old or new...but leave the man alone already...if it wasn't for him the nerds holy grail also known as star wars never would have existed (see what i did there )

    Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

    Currently working on: Max Payne 3, Jak 2 GTA V, Dead Space 2 , Dead Space 3

    Future projects: Jak 3

  3. #23
    Aussie Furry, Bitch
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,894
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    empire strikes back 4 lyfe










    here's why your opinion is wrong

    Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith |
    Who are you to say someone's opinion is wrong? Everyone's opinion is right...in their opinion. You have no say whatsoever in the matter.




  4. #24
    Lvl 6 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    423
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    That was a giant piece of shit, please don't suggest I watch trash like that again. Actually suggest if you want, I'll know better next time.

    Two things. Using a piece of trash to show why something else is a piece of trash, when the former is 50x worse than the latter, is hardly a way to make an argument. But more importantly, by definition, an opinion cannot be wrong. It is neither correct, nor incorrect. It can't be as it's not based on fact.You could try saying "I disagree, and here's why", but saying "nope you're wrong" is entirely out of place here.
    actually, the whole series of Red Letter Media's Star Wars prequels reviews was spot on in its dissection of how Lucas basically failed to have a coherent script, fleshed-out characters that people actually cared about, logic, and direction that didn't involve "add a crapload of CGI here" post-its on the page. Yeah, the whole subplot of the hooker wasn't necessary, but it was still more entertaining than a lot of crap that is out there, the prequels included. The ones for Episode I go into how Lucas didn't even have a main character in the first movie, how the plot didn't make sense when examined with any sense of logic, and the characters were just there to basically be action figures that could be packaged and sold later.

  5. #25
    Lvl 6 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    423
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Who are you to say someone's opinion is wrong? Everyone's opinion is right...in their opinion. You have no say whatsoever in the matter.
    so if i had the opinion "all [insert race of people] are subhuman monsters who should be shot", i would be right? opinions can be just as wrong as anything else.

  6. #26
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,519
    Reputation
    264

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Who are you to say someone's opinion is wrong? Everyone's opinion is right...in their opinion. You have no say whatsoever in the matter.
    "i love eating bags of shit because they are healthy for me. you can't prove me wrong because it's my opinion"


    Till someone can list me 10 Original Reasons why the Prequels were better then the old ones that don't involve Special effects or why they were ACTUALLY GOOD, everyone who says the prequels are good are wrong

    They must be good reasons that wern't hit by plinketts reviews (he literally destroys the movies piece by piece.)

    So watch his stuff first before forming a reason:

    http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...hantom-menace/
    http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...of-the-clones/
    http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...e-of-the-sith/



  7. #27
    PRO Member
    Gauss's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Reputation
    77

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    here's why your opinion is wrong

    Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith |
    Why did you have to go and ruin something as funny as RedLetterMedia with a statement implying nobody can like the prequels?

    Are the prequels poorly written? Yeah, but people can like them just as much as they can like Transformers. I may question why and look at them a bit differently because I find those movies to be so moronic... But thats because I value the story more than the special effects, as the latter gets boring without the meaning of the former in my eyes. Its why I hate SuckerPunch, Tree of Life, most of the Super-hero flicks... Its all about the effects, and without the context a story brings it becomes boring.

    Also, I hope you don't derive too much out of RLM. I love their stuff and they tend to be a good release for me after I watch a bad movie, but they are also playing a schtick for the purposes of entertaining, just like Yahtzee. They go to the extremes for the purposes of being funny. Atleast I hope so, because if they really are that snobby I don't understand why they continue doing things that make them that miserable.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.


    Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

  8. #28
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,101
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Why sad? they'll keep making money and shit anyway lol.
    Yes, but I like George.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    "i love eating bags of shit because they are healthy for me. you can't prove me wrong because it's my opinion"


    Till someone can list me 10 Original Reasons why the Prequels were better then the old ones that don't involve Special effects or why they were ACTUALLY GOOD, everyone who says the prequels are good are wrong

    They must be good reasons that wern't hit by plinketts reviews (he literally destroys the movies piece by piece.)

    So watch his stuff first before forming a reason:

    Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace |
    Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones |
    Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith |
    I love how you always list reasons why some things are good, then say you can't use them for your opinion. It's still an opinion and not everyone who says the prequels are good are wrong. I never cared for Ep. 4 or 6. But 5 was the best imo. And reliving Hoth on battlefront was one of the greatest moments in my gaming history. But besides the racing in Episode 1, I loved it to death. And Episode 2 would of been great, but the actor playing Manakin did a bad job and the love story kinda sucked. But it's everything most people wanted, an all out Jedi battle vs. the Sith and their forces. Episode 3, they just seemed to try and cover so much ground and it seemed rushed. But I'm not trying to convince you or anyone, your already wrong for trying to tell people what they can and can't like and for all the wrong reasons.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

  9. #29
    Aussie Furry, Bitch
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,894
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    "i love eating bags of shit because they are healthy for me. you can't prove me wrong because it's my opinion"


    Till someone can list me 10 Original Reasons why the Prequels were better then the old ones that don't involve Special effects or why they were ACTUALLY GOOD, everyone who says the prequels are good are wrong

    They must be good reasons that wern't hit by plinketts reviews (he literally destroys the movies piece by piece.)

    So watch his stuff first before forming a reason:

    Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace |
    Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones |
    Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith |

    I can give you 50 reasons, and I happen to own the entire Star Wars Collection both on DVD and Blu-ray. Go fucking figure.




  10. #30
    illegal in 9 countries
    ant1th3s1s's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,282
    Reputation
    494

    Honestly, I enjoyed all of the Star Wars films for what they were - fairy tales in an enthralling alternate universe with potential for so many better tales than George was capable of penning himself. We're seeing those stories play out in digital format, which is enough for me for now.

    I'll pass on the joy I experienced from Star Wars as a child to my own children, but as an adult, I struggle to sit through them without more than the occasional cringe.

  11. #31
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,519
    Reputation
    264

    old ones are better

    i actually have the theatrical versions on laser disc


    now if i only had a working laserdisc player



  12. #32
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,514
    Reputation
    305

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    We're seeing those stories play out in digital format, which is enough for me for now.
    Actually, those stories have been available for quite a while in a very archaic format you may know. It's called "book".

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  13. #33
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,414
    Reputation
    174

    This is why we can't have nice things.

    Star Wars is George Lucas's creation. He can do with it how he pleases. when he pleases and in whatever way he pleases. If he someday wants to beam up Captain Kirk in some weird alternate dimension showdown with Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, its his to do with as he pleases. His vision is his vision.

    The prequels were the stories he wanted to write. Some people loved them, some hated them, and some went meh. Deal with it.
    Personally I enjoy the newer trilogy over the older trilogy.

    Here is another piece of food for thought. If the prequels were so bad, really, really, that bad, why did they collectively make over 2.5 billion at the box office. No, seriously, how can something that bad make that much money?

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles

  14. #34
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,514
    Reputation
    305

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Here is another piece of food for thought. If the prequels were so bad, really, really, that bad, why did they collectively make over 2.5 billion at the box office. No, seriously, how can something that bad make that much money?
    Same reason the Twilight Saga (which is much worse) has made over $2.5 billion too: rabbid fanbase that, somehow, likes it, even though it sucks.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  15. #35
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,414
    Reputation
    174

    Obviously they don't suck though. You might not like it, but there are enough people out there who shelled out 2.5 billion for them, so they can't be that bad.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles

  16. #36
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,519
    Reputation
    264

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I can give you 50 reasons, and I happen to own the entire Star Wars Collection both on DVD and Blu-ray. Go fucking figure.
    they ruined the old ones more in the blu-ray collection




  17. #37
    illegal in 9 countries
    ant1th3s1s's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,282
    Reputation
    494

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    they ruined the old ones more in the blu-ray collection

    The Mute button will clear that right up.

    George really must not think a great deal of the average Star Wars viewer. It's obvious ole' Vader is conflicted, even behind the sinister mask, and it really didn't require a gratuitous "Nooooo...." to make the point.

    Still...I don't care, George can do what he wants. I'll buy the Blu-Ray for my littl'uns anyway and they'll be none the wiser.

  18. #38
    Hidefninja.com
    sixteenvolt420's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Drums, PA
    Posts
    153
    Reputation
    5

    All he had to do on blu-ray, was include the original star wars trilogy, without all of the added digital crap, and most of us would've been happy.

  19. #39
    Retired TGT Member
    antoniosbandana's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Facecam Baby YEAH
    Posts
    3,146
    Reputation
    116

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Actually, those stories have been available for quite a while in a very archaic format you may know. It's called "book".
    I'm glad somebody else said it. As I tried to say earlier, the world of Star Wars is much bigger than George Lucas can adequately portray, and he hasn't even been trying.

    But when you get over a hundred different titles going and you let authors like Drew Karpyshyn, Karen Traviss, and Timothy Zahn take a crack at it, you really start cookin' with gas. I'm just going through the Heir to the Empire - Dark Force Rising - The Last Command trilogy as we speak.


  20. #40
    Lvl 6 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    423
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Here is another piece of food for thought. If the prequels were so bad, really, really, that bad, why did they collectively make over 2.5 billion at the box office. No, seriously, how can something that bad make that much money?
    and transformers 3 made over $300 million. I personally wouldn't rank it up there with The Godfather 1 & 2, and nor would a lot of people. Hell, i'm sure that marky mark/m night shamalan movie with the killer trees probably made over $100 million too.

    Just because a movie makes shitloads doesn't mean anything. for starters, ticket prices go up about a dollar every year, so each year movies make more on basically the same number of ticket sales. The theaters will also show the big movie of the week in half of their screens, but it will be out of the theater in 4-5 weeks.

    that initial "it's new star wars!" feeling drove a lot of those ticket sales, just like lemmings over the cliff. I went to the first 2 twice each, but only went once to the third. Each time i walked out thinking "that was fun, but something was...off about it". By the third, i thought "well, that was that then", and started wondering how Lucas was going to rerelease these every 4-5 years to make more money.

    Millions of people went to the movies and were blown away by the special effects, and wanted to go back and see certain scenes again to make out what was happening. You have kids who want to see a movie several times again and again, leading to more ticket sales. You also have all the older Star Wars fans who saw all three hoping the next would at least be better than Episode 1.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO