View Poll Results: Is F1 2012 the best game of the series?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • No this is the worst game in the series by far

2 18.18%
  • I like some things about the new game but '10&'11 were better

1 9.09%
  • I thought it is ok

0 0%
  • I really like the game

4 36.36%
  • It's the best console F1 game ever

4 36.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

F1 2012 Best F1 Game EVER

This is a discussion on F1 2012 Best F1 Game EVER within the F1 2012 forum, part of the F; This is a post about F1 2012 and for all fans of F1 games & current F1 racing(real). Race info ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

F1 2012 Best F1 Game EVER

This is a post about F1 2012 and for all fans of F1 games & current F1 racing(real). Race info and conversation about F1(Real) & F1 2010 - 2012.

Even with only the Demo of F1 2012 I can already see that the changes are substantial, in a good way. Remember the awful Red in the Menu's, well it's Blue. The Engine Sounds are very realistic sounding compared to F1 on TV. The scenery has see great improvements and are quite realistic I mean not that I've ever really went 180Mph+ in real life(159Mph in my 1989 SHO and all I can say is everything is blurring byin real life). With that being said what I'm trying to get at is is looks Awesome very smooth and crisp with lots of detail you can even hear the crowd respond to a nice overtake in a chicane. The realistic length of gears 1st gear mainly but still I've put a video on YouTube with the Demo please check out my page WestCoastNFL filter gaming or search Custom Cockpit and select the drop down of Logitech G27 Custom Cockpit. Cheers add me if you like clean no assist racing......Rubber Ride Down

Racing With Only The Best.... Clean Racing At Its Finest.... West CoastNFL
    WestCoastNFL "Notorious For Life"
    Racing With Only The Best, Clean Racing at It's Finest...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah i agree the demo is quite impressive. The most notably thing is that graphics have clearly improved a lot, though they had to cos they were awful in 2011. They seem to have fixed other bugs as well, especially the first corner bug (I wasn't gaining ridiculous amounts of places at the start). Of course haven't been able to check if there's still the pit lane bug, but having seen gamescom footage it looks like it has. Thought the young driver test was a good idea and looks like they have other drivers in the game as saw bird and rossi in the free runs so hopefully drivers change teams during career mode.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

agreed... thanks for your input 2010 had better graphics than 2011 but 2012 looks awesome 1 more day to wait.

Death to zombies!!

Really enjoyed the demo and cant wait to get the game, pitty Borderlands 2 is released the same day

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

they're both out on Sept 18 i do believe at least in the Americas

Lvl 1 - Bronze

so I'm at 44% for my trophies for F1 2012 and I'm guessing they won't show up until the game is released worldwide. My profile on PS3 & here both don't show any of the trophies I've earned. BTW the game also doesn't require you to do championship season career at HARD or EXPERT DIFFICULTY the trophies all can be earned on ANY DIFFICULTY LEVEL except for SEASON CHALLENGE[10 races (1 SHOT QUALIFY 1 flying lap) with 5 lap races] and the CHAMPIONS MODE(7 challenges note GOLD MEDAL can only be EARNED by COMPLETING on HARD) & TIME ATTACK(like PROVING GROUNDS in F1 2011 MEDALS are EARNED per set time) The trophies do STACK and you can EARN up to 13 trophies in 1 race. side note: finally penalties for lawn mowers and navigators ( you know the ones who can't stay on track & course cutters) LOL Cheers hopes this helps someone sometime

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ok so trophy issue was due to release 18-20th now all trophies are on my profile.... RACENET by CODEMASTERS is the reason for version 1.01 update everyone sign up if you havent already www.racenet.codemasters.com Cheers

Lvl 1 - Bronze

if you have the game add me will do any online race WestCoastNFL cheers

Rangers F.C

Not played it yet but its getting a lot of hype so might get my bro ( huge F1 fan ) the game for christmas and borrow it off him
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 1 - Bronze

the game is totally worth it just better overall if your brother is a fan he will really enjoy this... Cheers

Carpe Diem

It's the best of the 3, but the AI and weather are still completely fucked

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Carpe Diem

Having spent a few more hours playing it I am convinced it's the shittest of the 3. And it's clear Codemasters Birmingham do not have it in them to release an F1 game yearly. For the third year in a row I just fell we're all being used as beta testers.

"Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 4 - Silver

How so, in reference to your last post? would like info and personal opinion before purchasing
    Because Trophies are amazing...

Closing this account

I have played all 3 demos and I will say 2010 is better. If you have a wheel but of course when they release a new game ppl will say the newer one is better. My Japanese friends had told me that it is awful online. No etiquette whatsoever. The game looks good in all but I am not getting.

Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by leavingnoname View Post
    How so, in reference to your last post? would like info and personal opinion before purchasing
    Rain almost every race even in bahrain, the weather effects are awful, AI is shit, engines blowing up when you use flashback, cars starting on wrong tires, penalty system is broken, and that's just off the top of my head. There's many more problems. PC players are already on their 6th patch. CM are a joke

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ok the rain and the weather effects suck, I doubt it'd hardly ever rain in Bahrain or some of the other circuits, given what time of year they are in the calendar, I guess the penalty system is accurate though as there's plenty of time in real life where people get away with stuff, unless you mean something else? Cars start races on their qualifying tyres if i'm not wrong? AI has always been shit in f1 games as far back as I can remember... I think PS3 players get a raw deal on patches, new releases (with the release dates etc)... people should set up a group and campaign against this kind of shit, especially when these games are cross platform, they'd be screwed if PS3 owners stopped buying the games and consoles etc.. :/
    Because Trophies are amazing...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

if your going to knock the game at least say why? the graphics are better, better menus, extra modes and more realistic lap times. I will admit if your playing this or any sim racing game and you use a quick setup options then one should probably play arcade racing games. I wont do any online races that have been setup for 1 shot qualy because you can only choose a basic preset setup. The fact the tires wear better, fuel management options with your race strategy. they have also made it better for those who can stay on track and those who cant have a very hard time setting a valid lap time (no lawnmowers). I dont like how you cant turn off collisions due to online crashes... please tell us why its such a step backwards Cheers

Lvl 1 - Bronze

the demo sucks and so does and quick setup race but I dont judge a game by a Demo. I play f1 games to find the ideal setup and set my fastest lap not to win against AI on Amateur. I found 2012 is alot better for AI skill Professional & Legend, you will blow your engine if you downshift to quick(like in real life) your car is in Parc Ferme(cant adjust setup) once qualifying begins(after you've put your setup on your car and went out on track) just like real f1. F1 is about strategy and consistent lap times and fuel management. your car will not drive the same as practice or qualy during the race as your fuel load will affect the handling (understeer slower accel longer brake dist and brfake lockup) real f1 also doesnt use ABS or traction control either Cheers

Lvl 1 - Bronze

as far as the rain I have not had many races that had rain just the typical tracks spa hock etc... not every time either. PSN had demo for F1 2012 never seen any for 2011 or 2010, maybe on PC but not on PS3 again judging a game from the demo is like a book with the cover, online is like any game idiots every where but thats why I race with my friends who I know race clean and hard and fair and yes accidents happen lol Cheers

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wheel users 63% Saturation & 10% Linearity for 900 degree wheels & 70% Saturation & 10% Linearity for 1080 degree wheels Game Designer Lee Mather posted of F1 2012 Codemasters forum these settings and the reasons for it. The patch v1.02 Unlocks the PS3's default wheel lock, unlike Xbox & PC (each have dedicated settings for wheels in XMB or Hardware settings) the PS3's wheel was locked at 180 degrees at default. The patch made the game universal for all wheels but settings In Game must be adjusted as to the type of wheel used. Another reason for this is the game is actually modeled after Real F1 tyre slip graph(rate). The rain issues have also been addressed. The lighting is also much better and the track can change in a lap. The lower you have the Saturation setting with a 900 degree wheel like the Logitech G27 the feeling you have in the wheel and the grip feeling is the best I've ever felt in any game Ever try it with 15% Saturation and 10% Linearity(put Pit Assist on) corners (tight) you will have to move the wheel a lot but besides that realistic feeling and setup more important than ever. hope this helps any other Wheel Racers out there Cheers Happy Holidays & Seasons Greetings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast