Which DLC is the best to start with?

This is a discussion on Which DLC is the best to start with? within the Fallout 3 forum, part of the F; I've recently picked up Fallout 3 GOTY (figure I'd give it another shot). And, because I have all the DLC ...

Plats-O'-War!!

Which DLC is the best to start with?

I've recently picked up Fallout 3 GOTY (figure I'd give it another shot). And, because I have all the DLC at my disposal , which one is the best to start off with?

Kiwi Defender

Best one is probably Point Lookout (which is alsothe one I suggest you to play first), for it opens a whole new are in which you get access to some very nice weapons (specially the double barrel shotgun). I liked Operation: Anchorage (regardless of it not being very good), and you get some nice weapons and armor at the end of it. You can also get many awesome Alien weapons from Mothersip Zeta.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Chuck Norris Approved.

I agree, point lookout was my pick for best dlc out of the bunch. Also would say to start with it.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Plats-O'-War!!

So, in terms of weapons and armour, which DLC has the best?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Point Lookout is a great dlc, but it may be difficult for low level players with those hillbillie enemies and the feral ghoul reavers. I would start Operation Anchorage. You get the 2nd best armor in the game the Winterized Power Armor and it never degrades. That armor will help you get through the rest of the game a lot easier.

Death is Awaiting....

Point Lookout and Operation Anchorage are probably your best bets for weapons and armor. The ferry to point lookout costs 500 caps tho so remember that, and sometimes on Operation anchorage it'll freeze on you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    So, in terms of weapons and armour, which DLC has the best?
    Point Lookout and Operation Anchorage. I'd suggest doing OA first so you get to the cool armory, and then do Point Lookout and get some nice Double Barrel Shotguns .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Assuming you wait until finishing the main game tackling the DLC, the best is obviously Broken Steel. The increased level cap to 30 and new perks opens up more options for the other DLC packs. Post-game free-roam is also a huge plus to finish off any map locations or side-quests you missed for the Plat.

I honestly thought the rest of the DLC was crap. The lag was brutal and the loot was no better than the core game.

I picked up every unique weapon in Fallout 3 but stuck with the Ledoux Hockey Mask (or +Luck Sunglasses / Three Dogs' bandanna), Ranger Battle Armor, the good old reliable Lincoln Repeater and A3-21 Plasma Rifle almost the entire time.

Degradation is never an issue in Fallout 3 thanks to the vendor exploit, so the gear in the DLC packs is just for shits and giggles, like the Chinese Stealth Armor.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 06-13-2012 at 04:34 AM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Since you have GOTY, you already got 30 Level Cap and new perks so If you like Fallout 3 history go ahead and finish it, since Broken Steel DLC enables more quest about the story and finally wipe out the Enclave. But If you dont want to finish it yet, I suggest playing Operation Anchorage because of the loot, and I wouldnt suggest you to start Point Lookout right away If you have low level or dont have good armor weapons, and really suggest you to try to uncover all Wasteland secrets and content, Fallout 3 is packed with stuff to do. Good luck
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

KCCO!

I usually recommend to my friends that they start with Operation Anchorage for the Winterized Suit and the Gauss Rifle. Point Lookout, as someone else already stated, is a bit tough for low-level players. The only issue you may run into when going to do some of the DLC (e.g., Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Mothership Zeta) is that you can't leave until you complete it, which can present a problem for the karma trophies if you happen to reach one of the threshhold levels within the DLC. There's probably very little you can do within each one of those that will sway your karma enough in order to get all three by reloading your save file, so just keep that in mind. Iirc, if you haul ass to the Operation Anchorage point right as you're leaving the vault, and start it then, you should make it out of the DLC with a bit of room to spare before the first of the three karma points.

Team Dingleberry

I would start with Mothership Zeta, actually. The alien weapons you get are really, really good.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by simula67 View Post
    I would start with Mothership Zeta, actually. The alien weapons you get are really, really good.
    ^This^

Some of the energy weapons you get are some of the best in the whole game. When I platted this for the second time I done this DLC off the bat and it just made the rest of the game easy. Theres also loads of the weapons that you can save to sell when you get back to the wasteland for alot of caps

Plats-O'-War!!

So, with the Mothership DLC, do they require repairs? I know that the weapons need to be repaired after a while, and I read on the trophy guide that some of the alien weapons don't need to be repaired?

F**K AUTHORITY

In mothership dlc you get this gel that repairs weapons and armor the gel is awesome

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Starman3450 View Post
    In mothership dlc you get this gel that repairs weapons and armor the gel is awesome
    + 1, i find rest of DLC quite difficult without leveling up, and for the god sake, leave the
    Point Lookout for last, enemies here are the most anoying thing in fallout 3
    “Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?”

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Starman3450 View Post
    It's awesome once you get the one NPC to modify the gel. Otherwise, it's just meh.

That Southern B****

I recommend Operation Anchorage for the armor. It is indestructible so you will never have to repair it. After that, I recommend doing Point Lookout as it is my favorite of the dlc areas and fun as all get out.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

broken steel !!

PRO Member

In my opinion Anchorage armor helps a lot then mothership zeta-jones I love alien weaponry

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer