View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

4 5.56%
  • 2 - Easy

30 41.67%
  • 3 - Moderate

33 45.83%
  • 4 - Hard

4 5.56%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 1.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Fallout 3 forum, part of the F; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Change is mediocre

4-Hard. A big wasteland with bobbleheads to collect, and various other trophies as well as side missions, and the amount of time to complete makes this game hard.

Nope, nothing

For me this is Moderate
    Nothing was really that challenging, a few annoying bits yes and very time consuming.

Lvl 7 - Gold

If you're in it just for the trophies - it's piss easy, just set the difficulty to "piss easy" and you're all set. You can save anywhere, and there are no difficulty trophies. The only two things are time and crashes/freezes - this game takes a LOT of time (should take at least 50h if you're going in just for the plat, and all 300+ if you're in it for fun). The main game is pretty stable, but it will crash and burn (freeze) all the time in the expansions. Still, super worth it.

If you're thinking of getting it - get GoTY (there is no reason not to!) and that should give you a solid 100h.

I do however recommend this game to everyone not just trophy hunters/whores... it really is bigger than life.

Kiwi Defender

Easy. Nothing too challenging, and the ability to change the difficulty makes it even easier in case you run into problems.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

2 - Easy.

Nothing too hard in this game, unless you decide to challenge yourself by revving up the difficulty level of the game itself. Getting all of the alignment trophies is a bit annoying, but nothing too terribly difficult. Nothing about this game will test your skills terribly, but will take a bit of time to achieve.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Royal Flush X2

I gave this 2 easy Theres nothing really challenging about this, maybe finding some of the bobble heads can be tricky. The game is time consuming but is a blast to play. Nothing hard here.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate

although none are too challenging you won't get plat without any work a solid 50 hours at least I'd say

Amazing game though

Lvl 3 - Bronze

2. Easy-There is absolutely nothing hard about this game's trophies. All are quite easy with no difficulty parameters to get through. That, the fact that you have a surplus of supplies, and the V.A.T.S. system, makes it virtually impossible to die on this game.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Currently Boosting: GTA IV-Wanted, SOCOM: Confrontation, Resistance 2

Games Currently Playing: CS:GO, EA Sports Active 2, Beat Hazard Ultra

Games Soon to Start: Section 8: Prejudice, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Kingdom of Amalur

Lvl 6 - Silver

Easy - Not really challenging at all if you didn't rise the difficulty to the hardest and finding all bobbleheads is really easy if you have a guide..

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Very easy for me & super except for the stupid crashes/freezes

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 4 - Silver

Honestly it is easy. Its only a time consuming issue. With having to level up to 20 3 times. Then going to find all the bobble heads.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Lvl 7 - Gold

this was easy

all you had to do was reload to get the level trophies which is common thinking to save multiple playthroughs
    mostly time consuming as with most rpgs

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy to obtain but i say moderate due to the amount of time needed to get the platinum.

'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'

Team Dingleberry

I voted Easy. No difficulty trophies means you can play the game on Very Easy if you'd like. Yes, the game will take a long time for you to platinum, but there's nothing very challenging in it. Lots to pay attention to though, especially the leveling trophies. You also have to be careful that you don't accidentally lock yourself out of several missions. I got the GOTY guide with my game and found it extremely helpful to have while playing.

The biggest pain in this game are the constant freezes, and is probably the reason why I'll never play it again.

дурак

2 - Easy
    Nothing was really all that tough. It was probably one of the funnest Platinums I have ever gotten. So much stuff to do in that game. It may take a little while longer to plat than expected, but it's not going to irritate you.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate: got the plat almost just by wandering the wasteland and doing my thing. Had some cleaning up to do afterwards though.
    30 outta 48 plats!!

Next up: Batman AC, Skyrim, COD MW3!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

fairly easy,just very time consuming

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted easy, almost all the trophies you got for quests and you could easily do a second playthrough to get the rest.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy
    There is nothing really challenging in this game and whats nice is you set your OWN difficulty. Didn't feel like a long platinum to me...think it's cause I enjoyed it soooo much. LOVE this game, everyone should have and plat it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast