Fallout 3 freezing piece of shit

This is a discussion on Fallout 3 freezing piece of shit within the Fallout 3 forum, part of the F; I loved this game, since I played the first one on PC, I also played this one on PC, but ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Fallout 3 freezing piece of shit

I loved this game, since I played the first one on PC, I also played this one on PC, but on PS3? It's awful, the game is lagging and freezing every hour, I have to restart my console. Am I the onli one? Maybe there's something wrong with my system?
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

♚ Overlord ♔

Nope not just you. My game "Game of the year" had a lot of frame rate issues along with a hell of a lot of freezing from what I remember. I think re stalling the system data kinda fixes it. The dlc is really glitched though so getting 100% was pretty challenging for me. Much better on PC

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Deleting the game data did help me somewhat. I probably did that every other day
    And the problems are only worse in New Vegas!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

What ace said should help. Also make sure your messages are cleared. Also don't be downloading anything while playing it.
    At the times the frame rate would drop, I would save my game and quit to main menu. That also worked out a bit. Hopefully some of this information helps you out.

дурак

I bought the GOTY edition of FO3 ages ago, and never had any problems, until I played The Pitt and Operation Anchorage. Enemies were invisible, framerate slideshow, freezes, etc. But I never had any trouble with the main game.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I bought the GOTY edition of FO3 ages ago, and never had any problems, until I played The Pitt and Operation Anchorage. Enemies were invisible, framerate slideshow, freezes, etc. But I never had any trouble with the main game.
    Yeah, this was more or less my experience. I had the occasional freezing, but it wasn't as rampant for me as it was for others. The Pitt gave me constant problems, and Broken Steel would give me problems here and there. The main game, though, was relatively stable for me.

Game on....

Fallout 3 and fallout new vegas both were serious buggy and i had to restart my PS3 multiple times because the game would freeze.

member since Oct 2009

The bigger the save file gets, the worse it gets. You can help cut down on the lag and glitches by clearing the cache. Hold down and from the file corruption msg all the way to the main menu on disc start up. If you did it correctly, "Fallout 3" And "press start" will disappear. Release buttons and continue game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I finished every DLCs and yeah that was the worst part, I'm seriously reconsidering starting New Vegas, I don't want to play like that again.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

дурак

With FNV I was told that turning off Autosaves will fix a lot of problems, and it did. I almost never froze.

Then again, I had way less problems than a lot of other people it seems.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 6 - Silver

The freezing wasnt too bad for me it only froze a handful of times but I dont have any of the dlc for this game either