Hardcore trophy problem

This is a discussion on Hardcore trophy problem within the Fallout: New Vegas forum, part of the F; Hi everyone, I was trying to attempt the trophy to finish Fallout: New Vegas in Hardcore.. but my trophy didn't ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hardcore trophy problem

Hi everyone, I was trying to attempt the trophy to finish Fallout: New Vegas in Hardcore.. but my trophy didn't pop up. I switched the hardcore mod only in another save (in which i made the first of the four different finals). I'm starting another game and i'm asking you if i'm doing the right thing, because I don't want to waste other time.

Iron Maiden

You need to have hardcore mode on continuously from when you leave the doctor's house until you complete the game. Switching off hardcore mode will prevent the trophy from being awarded.
    Make a save at a point where you can still load it up to experience all possible endings.

Toggle Spoiler

Then, finish the game in hardcore mode. Once you get the trophy, you can re-load the previous save and complete the other faction endings on either hardcore mode, or an easier difficulty. Make sure you keep all factions sweet until the save mentioned above.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ThorsMaiden View Post
    You need to have hardcore mode on continuously from when you leave the doctor's house until you complete the game. Switching off hardcore mode will prevent the trophy from being awarded.
    Make a save at a point where you can still load it up to experience all possible endings.

Toggle Spoiler

Then, finish the game in hardcore mode. Once you get the trophy, you can re-load the previous save and complete the other faction endings on either hardcore mode, or an easier difficulty. Make sure you keep all factions sweet until the save mentioned above.
    Thank you a lot, but i'm doing the right thing starting a new game ? I can't select a save before I switched the hardcore mode ?

Iron Maiden

Quote Originally Posted by AleDeFra View Post
    Thank you a lot, but i'm doing the right thing starting a new game ? I can't select a save before I switched the hardcore mode ?
    You're welcome. It depends. If you started the game in hardcore mode, check if you have any saves (check the autosaves, too) in hardcore mode. It could save you a few hours. You might have to start a new game, though.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ThorsMaiden View Post
    You're welcome. It depends. If you started the game in hardcore mode, check if you have any saves (check the autosaves, too) in hardcore mode. It could save you a few hours. You might have to start a new game, though.
    I think I'll continue my new game, because I switched during the first final.. I reloaded a previous save to do the second final and the trophy didn't appear. Thank you again for the advices.

Iron Maiden

Quote Originally Posted by AleDeFra View Post
    I think I'll continue my new game, because I switched during the first final.. I reloaded a previous save to do the second final and the trophy didn't appear. Thank you again for the advices.
    No problem. Sorry I couldn't really help you. Best of luck, and enjoy the game!