Any pointers for the DLC?

This is a discussion on Any pointers for the DLC? within the Fallout: New Vegas forum, part of the F; So, I've loaded up the ultimate edition of this game. If you didn't know by now, I already have the ...

Bob 'n' Becca

Any pointers for the DLC?

So, I've loaded up the ultimate edition of this game. If you didn't know by now, I already have the platinum but I want the 100%. My save is at the crimson caravan location, I've killed benny relatively recently but I've not started to do any of the quests that would end the game. I don't know where to begin. I've started the DLC mission where I'm grade to Utah, but I accidentally killed my companion. I'm going to start over from a previous save to avoid this. My question is this: what should I know when I'm going to start doing the DLC missions? Like, I room Boone and ed-e with me because they are my road dogs, only to find that I had to send them back to base. Also, I took a GRA gun with me, one that fired MF bullets, but that sumbitch broke and I can't repair it. What sort of equipment and weapons should I take with me when starting these adventures, especially if I'm going to be stuck in a new area without access to the old?

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Trophy Guide Grand Master

here is a link to the trophy guide for the DLC that your on Inside you will hopefully find some of your answers as well as links to all the other DLC Guides

Fallout New Vegas - Honest Hearts DLC Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum

Rangers F.C

Would like to help mate but I also got the Fallout New Vegas platinum , then at a much later date got the GOTY edition and just could not get into any of it , the game is still choppy as hell at this late stage and was no fun for me lol , so I gave up on the 100%
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Would like to help mate but I also got the Fallout New Vegas platinum , then at a much later date got the GOTY edition and just could not get into any of it , the game is still choppy as hell at this late stage and was no fun for me lol , so I gave up on the 100%

I did run into some lag, which caught me off guard because I didn't really get too too much during the main game. But as for what you said about being unable to get into the DLC because getting it so much longer after the platinum, I felt that way about dragon age origins. I started it and didn't know what the hell I was doing, but I was persistent and I remembered just how much I loved that game. Hopefully it'll be the same way with new Vegas. If none of my boosting partners are online when I get a chance to play tonight I'm just going to boot it up and stay up to the wee hours blowing things up.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    So, I've loaded up the ultimate edition of this game. If you didn't know by now, I already have the platinum but I want the 100%. My save is at the crimson caravan location, I've killed benny relatively recently but I've not started to do any of the quests that would end the game. I don't know where to begin. I've started the DLC mission where I'm grade to Utah, but I accidentally killed my companion. I'm going to start over from a previous save to avoid this. My question is this: what should I know when I'm going to start doing the DLC missions? Like, I room Boone and ed-e with me because they are my road dogs, only to find that I had to send them back to base. Also, I took a GRA gun with me, one that fired MF bullets, but that sumbitch broke and I can't repair it. What sort of equipment and weapons should I take with me when starting these adventures, especially if I'm going to be stuck in a new area without access to the old?
    Dead Money: Don't take anything with you, as everything you have is taken away at the start (but kept safely in the Mojave). Energy weapons 50 gets you full use of the holorifle, which is ridiculous when fully modded. Grab the re-enforced Sierra Madre armour (highest DT light armour in the game). Grab as many gold bars as you can safely carry. Make sure you've done everything you want before you leave, as you ain't coming back.

Honest Hearts: Don't kill your companion. Guns 75 means you can use A Light Shining In Darkness, but you only get that at the end. You can't leave before the end, but when finished you can always come back.

Old World Blues: Just about any weapons style is catered for here (K9000/FIDO, advanced LAER, Protonic Inversal Axe). The sneaky suit is overrated and gets you addicted to med-x. Make sure you explore everywhere and get all the upgrades for the sink inhabitants. Same deal with leaving as with HH. (The Sink would make a good base without all the extra loading)

Lonesome Road: Come and go as you please. Guns and Explosives 100 get you Red Glare (semi-auto rocket laucher) and the Shoulder-mounted machine gun. Bring LOTS of caps for upgrading, or sell marked men armour. Explore and pick up all of Ulysses' recordings, and ED-E upgrades (they carry through back to the Mojave). The faction you choose

Toggle Spoiler

at the end allow you to travel to a previously unreachable place in the Mojave. Don't go into the Courier's mile unprepared - you WILL die.