Quest Lines/Ending question

This is a discussion on Quest Lines/Ending question within the Fallout: New Vegas forum, part of the F; Basically I'm going after all the trophies and I know this will take multiple endings, my question is how far ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quest Lines/Ending question

Basically I'm going after all the trophies and I know this will take multiple endings, my question is how far is it possible to go down a certain line before that line is locked in and it becomes the only available ending?

I'm using this page as a guide: Fallout: New Vegas quests - The Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more

My example is right now I'm doing the NCR ending, which first involves getting the Boomers on side. I've completed several small quests and am about to complete Volare. This will allow me to complete Things That Go Boom and then progress in this particular quest line.

It seems a shame that I can't carry over the XP and progress I've made off these quests when I go for the next ending. I've seen a few people say that the ending MUST be switched after Ring-A-Ding-Ding. Is this true or can I progress further down a quest line before locking in the ending, to carry over the maximum amount of XP?

Thanks for any help.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

NCR and legion endings are locked out after you fail Don't tread on the Bear! and Beware the wrath of Caesar! respectively by completing missions for the other side. House and Indy endings are open until the final mission, although going too far down one can mess up the other. Once the final mission is started, you can't go back. So four playthroughs it is.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Okay, scrub part of that, Moore asks you to kill House after you sort out the Omertas. Still think you can choose Indy ending after this point.