Die Of Radiation Immediatley After Loading Game

This is a discussion on Die Of Radiation Immediatley After Loading Game within the Fallout: New Vegas forum, part of the F; I'm so fucking pissed off and really hating this game right now . I was down at Camp Searchlight looking ...

Gotham's Reckoning

Die Of Radiation Immediatley After Loading Game

I'm so fucking pissed off and really hating this game right now . I was down at Camp Searchlight looking for a Sunset Sarsparilla Star Cap in the Fire Station and was in the radiation area fighting off the damn ghouls. After realising that it was locked, I immediatley opened up my Pip Boy and fast travelled to another location and the second I spawned I immediatley dies. Then when it loaded, it ended up spawing me in the same place and half a second later I drop dead again. I tried opening up my Pip Boy and spawing to a diiferent location but I still die and I don't have anything to cure it. Please for the love of god tell me there is a way around this as I was starting to enjoy the game and I don't want to start over again.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

The Old Guy

One of the many, many reasons to keep multiple save files in any Fallout game... Sorry, man - I can't say for sure, but I'm not sure if there's a way to fix that.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

try another save if you have one

PRO Member

Lmfao dude even though thats sad news its one of the major parts of this game is to make MULTIPLE saves, i personally do one after every big battle, trades, traveling for more than 5 minutes, etc...

And always rotate your saves, NEVER overwrite the most recent one. Its just easier that way...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Try reloading the auto save?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ruskigt View Post
    Try reloading the auto save?
    This.

And I'd hate to be the party pooper but if your auto-save doesn't help - you're f'd...

O_o

Might need to start a new game. This happened to me in Fallout 3 trying to reach Vault 87's door.

I got close enough to unlock the map marker, so the game quick-saved and I immediately died. Reload, rinse, repeat. Lol.

Lvl 5 - Silver

New game, I remember when i got infinite kills in Vault 3 because I had little life and a mine was at the other side of the door and it quick save everytime I died
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Gotham's Reckoning

Should have said in the OP that the Autosave was the save with this problem and I only had one manual save but it was from ages ago and I ended up losing half of the star bottle caps I found (which was probably the most frustrating part of it as I was lucky enough to manage to kill a Fiend who just happened to be carrying 9 of them which would have saved a lot of time searching for them), went from level 17 to 16, lost Cass as a companion aswell as losing a few quests and several discovered locations.

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

I never understand why in gameplay/commentary videos of fallout people called it buggy, I never saw anything bad happen but I also noticed they save alot and I wondered why, now I realise why, in the future just make you sure save loads, I do this anyway in Infamous because if you want to play the same again to try and get a certain stunt or farm xp, then if somehow you manage to finish the mission by mistake you cannot do it again unless you have other saves ready

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    I never understand why in gameplay/commentary videos of fallout people called it buggy, I never saw anything bad happen but I also noticed they save alot and I wondered why, now I realise why, in the future just make you sure save loads, I do this anyway in Infamous because if you want to play the same again to try and get a certain stunt or farm xp, then if somehow you manage to finish the mission by mistake you cannot do it again unless you have other saves ready
    Another thing is with New Vegas (not so much Fallout 3) but your character kind of has a lag while moving.. you won't notice to very much if you watch videos. But to explain it, its like your moving forward but then you completly stop touching the controller.. sometimes your character continues to move 1 or 2 steps forward. I don't really call it buggy, but its something you will notice when you play the game.

Gaming since PONG !

only other hope is.. well.. ok there really is none ....... if all your going for is the star caps just make a save from now on after u find one

and if ya got the guide for the caps.. shouldnt take ya more than a few hours

Lvl 5 - Silver

Besides all the save stuff, is always ALWAYS have rad away on you. Also how do you let your radiation get that high? mine never went over 25% or so. Did you try fast traveling to a town, immediately take some rad-x and trying to make it to a doctor?

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by Hyro View Post
    Besides all the save stuff, is always ALWAYS have rad away on you. Also how do you let your radiation get that high? mine never went over 25% or so. Did you try fast traveling to a town, immediately take some rad-x and trying to make it to a doctor?
    What happened was I went to Camp Searchlight in search of one of the star bottle vpas and almost immediatley came under attack by ghouls. That totaled with searching for the firestation in an area where your rad increases by about 5 every second builds up rather quickly and I ended up fast traveling at the worst possible moment when I took to much radiation and died.

Anyway I've gotten over it now, got all the 50 caps as well as another 2 trophy related sidequests and ranked up another 2 levels.

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    What happened was I went to Camp Searchlight in search of one of the star bottle vpas and almost immediatley came under attack by ghouls. That totaled with searching for the firestation in an area where your rad increases by about 5 every second builds up rather quickly and I ended up fast traveling at the worst possible moment when I took to much radiation and died.

Anyway I've gotten over it now, got all the 50 caps as well as another 2 trophy related sidequests and ranked up another 2 levels.
    Rotating your saves now? have atleast 5-10 saves at all times, usually what I do.

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by MafiaBrett View Post
    Rotating your saves now? have atleast 5-10 saves at all times, usually what I do.
    Yeah I have about 4-5 saves now.

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18