View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

9 18.37%
  • Easy

30 61.22%
  • Moderate

8 16.33%
  • Hard

1 2.04%
  • Very Hard

1 2.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the FarCry 3 forum, part of the F; I voted Easy, of course! Its overall easy, and also a very nice and cool game! I just loved the ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted Easy, of course! Its overall easy, and also a very nice and cool game!

I just loved the Co-Op personally!!

To all having problems with the Co-Op: I didnt have UPlay (game was from a friend) so I thought I couldnt play online and that I had to do the Co-Op missions with 2 controllers. But I was wrong, and I could play the 6 missions with a friend on a Private Lobby (I just couldnt search for Public Lobbies). There in Private Lobby you can press Select button to choose the Mission you want to play! I hope this helps!

Also: if you are in a Mission and you think it glitched (and happened to me thinking it!) try or to kill yourself and your partner (we were forced to do it in a part of a mission that it didnt lets us to move forward); and there were other parts in some Missions where we had to carry some boxes into a truck and if you put the box into the ground (and not in the truck) it needs to be your partner picking those boxes up again: cause I couldnt do it!

Red Dead Redemption; Battlefield:Bad Company 2; KillZone 3; L.A. Noir; Call Of Duty: MW3; Uncharted 3; Far Cry 3; BattleField 3; Hitman: Absolution; The Last Of Us; Need For Speed: Most Wanted; Special Ops: The Line!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah, very easy this one. If you're really into the game and have the time to invest in it you won't even feel like your going out of your way for the Platinum and can get it in your first playthrough. Its a shame, cause this game is so great I would have been happy to really get stuck in to some meaty trophies.

Key Trophy Points:

Fully Inked
    Earn every tattoo by learning all the skills - extemely easy and doesn't require any grinding. You get XP for doing the collectible trophies and there is so much XP in the game compared to what you need to max out your skills you should have this trophy 3/4 of the way through.

Archeology 101
    Gather a total of 60 relics - theres 120 relics in the game and there locations are showed on maps you can buy. Unlike other collectible trophies you won't need a guide at all.

Poker Bully
    Win $1500 playing poker - don't go out of your way to get this one. Just do one of the side missions on the 2nd island and you automatically win the required amount with ease.

Say Hi to the Internet
    Find the lost Hollywood star - unless your lucky enough to stumble across this location this is probably the only trophy you'll need to use theguide for.

Rock Always Wins
    Fully distract 25 enemies with rocks - bit of a stange one. Fully distracted means the enemy has to be distracted by the rock and then return to their starting position to count as one. This confused many people but simpleonce you know how the counter works.

Never Saw it Coming
    Kill an enemy with a takedown from above from a glider, zipline or parachute - perhaps the hardest trophy in the gamesimply beacuse there aren't many places you can pull this off unless you are extremely lucky. As soon as you see an area with a Zipline you can get an enemy under go for this trophy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Worth it

The game took a little time to complete but it was all worth it, the hardest part was coop, not because that itself was hard, but, if the host quit in the middle of a level, u wouldn't receive a trophy even after complete the level, with that being said, I would find someone to play wit u, put it on casual and collect your trophies
    You win some, You lose some... But you live to PLAY another Day!!!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I went with Moderate simply for the co-op, which was far too difficult for a first-person amateur like myself. Great game though!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

GET COOP OUT THE WAY FIRST!!!! Then its easy sailing... easy good luck
    You win some, You lose some... But you live to PLAY another Day!!!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy
    Co-op was a pain. Ended up having to do it with a friend in local co-op. (actually, my boss at work :p)
    Rest was pretty easy to get through.

Stacking - Machinarium - Hell Yeah - Cuboid - Critter Crunch - Thomas Was Alone - Contrast

Silence is a valid option

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOi View Post
    Easy
    Co-op was a pain. Ended up having to do it with a friend in local co-op. (actually, my boss at work :p)
    Rest was pretty easy to get through.
    I agree. I had to play local co-op as well, finding some random and hoping they didn't bail out on me was way too frustrating. Great game though
    Sig by Pancake Model

The Playboy Wikipedia

I went with Moderate purely because it took me ages to get the Plat because of the shitty online trophies.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy - Easy to plat, but still one of my most satisfying plats. (I probably would have still 100% 'ed this game even without trophies, the trophies just add to the experience with this one). Glad Ubi learnt from Far Cry 2's nearly impossible platinum experience.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hey guys, i have 94% compelted ad i was wondering if someone would help me out, i only need these 3 co-op trophies: Overboard, Lights out rush hour, if u want to help me please send me a message on sunflower44 , thanks....

Judgement by Blaster

I voted very easy. The trophies to me weren't difficult, but poker bully was time consuming. Had no problem with the co-op, 3 of my friends had the game and we breezed through. Good game overall.
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the awesome Sig.

PRO Member

Easy for this one. All the sp trophies were easy to complete. With the patch and nothing being missable was even better. Even though I had everything done before completing the story.

Reason for easy and not very easy was the co op. I had a hard time staying connected to the servers and had to replay some of the missions a fgew times to get through them.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy, no difficulty requirements and no hard trophies. Good game though online co-op sucked, relly glitchy and froze up.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Yeah, very easy this one. If you're really into the game and have the time to invest in it you won't even feel like your going out of your way for the Platinum and can get it in your first playthrough. Its a shame, cause this game is so great I would have been happy to really get stuck in to some meaty trophies.

Key Trophy Points:

Never Saw it Coming
    Kill an enemy with a takedown from above from a glider, zipline or parachute - perhaps the hardest trophy in the gamesimply beacuse there aren't many places you can pull this off unless you are extremely lucky. As soon as you see an area with a Zipline you can get an enemy under go for this trophy.
    i have to agree with what bailey has said here. this was the only difficult trophy for me. co-op went pretty well, probably cuz i did it with 2 other friends in a private online lobby. only got kicked once but it was at the beginning of a level so it wasnt that bad. like bailey said, just invest the 25-32 hours-ish and you have yourself a very easy platinum

Lvl 5 - Silver

Easy.

The whole game can be played on easy and there isn't anything challenging then. All collectibles can be made visible on the map and no trophies are missable. If you're not sure where to achieve certain trophies (or "challenges" like death from below), just check on youtube. The only mildly difficult think or rather a major pain in the *** were the coop trophies. I did them offline and the game was terribly glitched, sometimes spawning a limit amount of enemies and on other runs on the same place infinite, the checkpoints don't always count so often I was put back 2-3 checkpoints when both of us died and we had to repeat the last 10-15 minutes. I found it challenging enough on easy already provided there was not the slightest fun in the missions and we wanted to finish them as quick as possible.

PRO Member

Easy. The only "difficult" trophies were co-op missions, as more enemies spawned the more players who participated in the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12