Results 1 to 9 of 9

Where should I start?

This is a discussion on Where should I start? within the FarCry 3 forum, part of the F; Should I try to get all the radio tower first? Work on getting an outpost undetected? Collect the collectables? I ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    tai363's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    300
    Reputation
    8

    Where should I start?

    Should I try to get all the radio tower first? Work on getting an outpost undetected? Collect the collectables? I dont know just feelin a bit confizzled!


  2. #2
    On the edge
    ichris26's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Not there
    Posts
    166
    Reputation
    13

    I worked on the towers first.......everything else just fell into place from there.

    sig by Mercinarie

  3. #3
    Six Weeks Off Work
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,374
    Reputation
    349

    I haven't played it yet but my advice would be to just enjoy the story first & worry about collectables later or on a second playthrough. IMO some of us worry about trophies way too much & miss out on enjoying a story to its full extent.

    Just some food for thought.



    GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

    GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014


    Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn






  4. #4
    ★ Extra Astronomical ★
    Pancake Model's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Morphogenetic Field
    Posts
    1,930
    Reputation
    224

    Clear some outposts and focus on the crafting. With crafting you get larger bags and can carry more things and holster up to four weapons. There are rare animals that can only be hunted through the hunting jobs so keep a lookout for those. Also the more outposts and radio towers you conquer the more collectibles become visible and use those collectibles to explore the map. But don't neglect the story (there is a southern island that is locked until you progress far enough).

  5. #5
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    tai363's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    300
    Reputation
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by ichris26 View Post
    I worked on the towers first.......everything else just fell into place from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I haven't played it yet but my advice would be to just enjoy the story first & worry about collectables later or on a second playthrough. IMO some of us worry about trophies way too much & miss out on enjoying a story to its full extent.

    Just some food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Clear some outposts and focus on the crafting. With crafting you get larger bags and can carry more things and holster up to four weapons. There are rare animals that can only be hunted through the hunting jobs so keep a lookout for those. Also the more outposts and radio towers you conquer the more collectibles become visible and use those collectibles to explore the map. But don't neglect the story (there is a southern island that is locked until you progress far enough).
    Thank u Thank u and Thank you! I shall do all 3!


  6. #6
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Saint Paul
    Posts
    5
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Clear some outposts and focus on the crafting. With crafting you get larger bags and can carry more things and holster up to four weapons. There are rare animals that can only be hunted through the hunting jobs so keep a lookout for those. Also the more outposts and radio towers you conquer the more collectibles become visible and use those collectibles to explore the map. But don't neglect the story (there is a southern island that is locked until you progress far enough).
    Pretty much this, the only missable trophy is the one where you have to clear out an outpost without setting an alarm because if you clear them all out guns blazing then you won't get it but it's not hard so it's not that big of a deal I guess. Get that out of the way and you'll be fine

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Lvl 2 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    2

    You dont need all 120 relics to get the plat so this might not interest you, but spider relic #1 is missable. If you don't find it before finishing the game access to it becomes blocked. Which means you could be like me, stuck with 99% note book completion. Atleast untill they patch it. Oh side note, this relic doesnt show up on any of the maps you can buy, so google it maybe.

  9. #9
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    Brenden's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    356
    Reputation
    0

    i'm a bit like you, i've been knocking off many outposts and towers when i come across them but mainly focusing on missions. Big game lots to do haha
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO