Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PS3T's Top 25 PlayStation 3 Games - Part One: The Beginning...

This is a discussion on PS3T's Top 25 PlayStation 3 Games - Part One: The Beginning... within the Features and Editorials forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by annare41 happy to see Bioshock in there, but it would be nice to make an official poll ...

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    happy to see Bioshock in there, but it would be nice to make an official poll and vote on the best games or some kind of competition or something.
    We did that a while back. The thread is stickied in the forums.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Valkyria Chronicles was such a well made and awesome game. I put so much time and thought in that game. I also loved the art style they used instead realistic style, it added that much more to it. I would suggest the second one to everyone who liked the first, it is on the psp.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Man, Dead Space brings back some memories .. close quarters in the Ishimura with Necros, limited ammo ... that game scared the shit out of me! I love it as well as DS2.

This list is a great idea and wonderful send off to the PS3. Great list of games. Looking forward to Part 2.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    Never got to play Bioshock Not a fan of any of the other 4.
    agreed, only game i played on this list is dead space
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Nice idea and a solid start to the list. I thought Resistance 3 was the best of the series but can't grumble!

Quick couple of questions - are these in any particular order, and is this just retail games or are PSN games up for consideration as well?

EDIT: Ignore that first question, just reread the last paragraph of the intro.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

We are going from the start right?

In which case, Resistance FOM is certainly one of the highlights of Year One, first game i got and played along with Fight Night Rd 3 ( another good one ) and Motorstorm ( average game but pretty ).
    Also would chip in with Oblivion as it was the first PS3 game i put serious hours into, Siren: Blood Curse which is still one of the most tense horror games this gen and The Orange Box because Portal and HL 2 EP 2.
    Not a lot in the first year or so but the good ones were very good. 2008 however, really ramped it up.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Just because PS4 came out it doesn't mean death for PS3, more games will come out that might become PS3 classics, anyway I hope Red Dead Redemption will find a place on this list.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If we're going from the start, then there's a lot of fairly controversial omissions from this list.

CoD: Modern Warfare, Burnout Paradise, GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge, Skate 2, Street Fighter IV, Killzone 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum all missing.

I realise lists like this are entirely subjective, and that games like Batman, LBP and GTA had sequels that were arguably superior, but the upcoming 20 games are gonna have to be bloody good.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Not a lot in the first year or so but the good ones were very good. 2008 however, really ramped it up.
    With the release of Demon's Souls, we're already pretty much up to 2010.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    Glad to see BioShock on there, I've always considered that game to be a masterpiece, as emotionally provoking as it is engrossing.

I can't wait for part 2, this feels like a lovely send-off of the last-gen Playstation.
    Quote Originally Posted by _RiCaRdO_ View Post
    Great idea this list, a tribute to PS3, i can't wait untill the rest of the list is revealed
    I'm glad you guys like it. This part 1 of 5 (obviously), and the next installment should be out by the end of the coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Interesting choices. Why did you choose the beginning of each series btw?
    That's just how it's turned out so far. If we choose the first in a series, its because we feel it's the game that best represents that series or, in the case of Resistance, because the game itself was incredibly important.

happy to see Bioshock in there, but it would be nice to make an official poll and vote on the best games or some kind of competition or something.
    Then you've clearly missed the point of this list. These are our recommendations to you; the 25 games that offer the best experience on the PS3. If you disagree with our selections, or feel we missed something, then by all means post it here. But this is our list, and it ain't democratic

Quote Originally Posted by germ1984 View Post
    Nice idea and a solid start to the list. [...] Is this just retail games or are PSN games up for consideration as well?
    Thanks, and good question. The games considered were mainstream releases (retail AND digital), and PSN games, with the exception being HD Re-releases - they had their time already. It wasn't until a few years into the PS3's life that we started to see quality PSN titles, so expect to see them in later installments.

Quote Originally Posted by germ1984 View Post
    If we're going from the start, then there's a lot of fairly controversial omissions from this list.

CoD: Modern Warfare, Burnout Paradise, GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge, Skate 2, Street Fighter IV, Killzone 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum all missing.

I realise lists like this are entirely subjective, and that games like Batman, LBP and GTA had sequels that were arguably superior, but the upcoming 20 games are gonna have to be bloody good.

With the release of Demon's Souls, we're already pretty much up to 2010.
    Actually, we're up to the beginning of 2009.
    All those games you mentioned are great titles, but there are only so many spots on the list...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Actually, we're up to the beginning of 2009.
    All those games you mentioned are great titles, but there are only so many spots on the list...
    Fair enough. I assumed since you were US-based you were going with the US release date, but now I'm just nit-picking. As for your choices, I've had to compile lists like this for other websites so I'm all too aware of how hard some of the decisions are, especially when it's by committee. Looking forward to the rest of it.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Then you've clearly missed the point of this list. These are our recommendations to you; the 25 games that offer the best experience on the PS3. If you disagree with our selections, or feel we missed something, then by all means post it here. But this is our list, and it ain't democratic

I know I'm just saying we could do both things, not trying to replace this, I think this is a good idea as I haven't played some of this titles.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I know I'm just saying we could do both things, not trying to replace this, I think this is a good idea as I haven't played some of this titles.
    Maybe that's something they could do for the End of Year Awards? Everyone picks and PMs their top 5, each place is assigned points and then a Member's Top 25 is announced or something. That's probably a discussion for another time/thread though.

Trophy Guide Kitten

This looks pretty good. I'm liking how it's all set up. Definitely get a comproval for this
    K? Thanks

PRO Member

Good list for sure. Looking forward to the updates.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 3 - Bronze

All of these are fun. yeah Resistance FoM would have replay value times infinity with trophies, same with Heavenly Sword. Love how Demons Souls made the list, one the the most frustrating and rewarding platinums I have. Nice list.

KCCO!

I never played Resistance nor Valkyria, but as for the other 3 mentioned, definitely solid games that MUST be played. I'm eager to see what the rest of the list will look like. Excellent thread idea folks!

Kid, not loser

So far I'm really happy with this list. So glad y'all put some of the underrated titles like Valkyria Chronicles in it, too.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Great read and can't wait for the other 20 games. Well done guys!
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dead Space, Bioshock, and Demon's Souls are a few of my favorite games

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The thread would probably derail into bickering between which games are better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast