Results 1 to 19 of 19

February 2014 Member of the Month Interview - Yoo_Hoo_Sniper

This is a discussion on February 2014 Member of the Month Interview - Yoo_Hoo_Sniper within the Features and Editorials forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; So, you've been voted February's Member of the Month by the people, Yoo_Hoo_Sniper. Congratulations! As it were, your fans would ...

  1. #1
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    February 2014 Member of the Month Interview - Yoo_Hoo_Sniper

    So, you've been voted February's Member of the Month by the people, Yoo_Hoo_Sniper. Congratulations!

    As it were, your fans would like to know a little bit more about the man behind the username, and that's where I come in. Shall we get started?
    *whips out notepad*

    So tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? What do you do for a living? Any deep, dark secrets you'd like to share with us? Have you ever killed anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    I was born in Philadelphia, PA. and was moved to Spring Hill, FL. where I spent 17 or 18 years in different areas of town. I moved around a few times when I was in the military but when I was stationed at Ft. Bliss (El Paso) I met my wife which is where we came back to once I was discharged honorably.

    Right now I am just a full time student and stay at home dad taking care of my 3 year old daughter while the wife works.
    That sounds oddly familiar...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    I am a disabled Vet so the jobs I would like to do are not available to me so I have been going to school to become a game designer. I am about to graduate here in a few months and right now I have made a couple games in addition to a lot of game levels.

    Dark Secrets Iím sure I have but I will only share a few of them.

    ∑ My celebrity crush is Nicole Scherzinger.
    ∑ Iím a loner.
    ∑ I slept with my old best friendís gf secretly for a couple years before telling him.
    ∑ In addition to the statement above I used to mess around with girls in relationships because I enjoyed the game of it.
    ∑ I dropped out of high school my senior year.
    ∑ I had an unborn baby at the age of 15.
    ∑ I have been married twice.
    ∑ When I owned my 02í Chevy Impala LS I backed into a car at work and went on pretending it never happened.

    Have I killed someone no, but if I were to during my time in the military, I wouldnít lose sleep over it. I was hoping to if I got deployed as a sniper but I was reclassed due to my hearing impairment and stress fractures in my legs, so I was unfit for the infantry, becoming one of the hardest moments in life I had to deal with. People donít want to deploy and there I was hoping for the opposite. I was a team leader of teenagers who I felt I couldnít let down or have anything happen to them but once I was seen unfit it was like my unit had nothing to do with me anymore, even after my awards, coins, accomplishments.
    Wow, you really went all out with the dark secrets! They're quite... erm... interesting. :stare:

    You're studying to be a game designer, eh? That's pretty F'ing cool. Do you have a favorite developer that you dream of working for?


    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    My ideal workplace would be with Tango Gameworks who release their first game later this year (The Evil Within). It is led by a man with many accolades who have inspired many gamers to keep playing and started the franchise Resident Evil. If you havenít yet figured it out this man is known as Shinji Mikami. The man is a legend in my eyes and ideally this is where I would love to work and who for.

    Although I would like to go overseas and work my wife wouldnít therefore my daughter would be left behind too so my dreams of that happening will be just that, a dream. I would settle for any workplace in the U.S.A. as long as it doesnít have me working on mobile games.
    You mentioned your legs becoming brittle. Any particular reason that happened? Did you develop some type of brittle bone disease like Joker (for you Mass Effect fans)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    My leg injuries started in basic training that took place at Ft. Benning, Ga. (Home of the Infantry). I weighed 128 lbs. when I joined the military and I was a heck of a runner prior as I would do cross country but never ran with weight on my back so that was something new to me and mind you I am 5í9 so Iím not the tallest person. When we would go on marches I couldnít keep up with the individuals in front of me just because they were tall and it would take me 3 steps to 1 of theirs but also because we had to pack a lot of weight in our ruck sack (backpack if you must). I got in the rhythm after a while and I could keep up but it ended up destroying my shins.

    When I got stationed at a new duty station I was chosen to be a part of their sniper section therefore I had to go through school to become sniper certified. After graduation and whatnot it was a must that our section be the most fit in the brigade so when it was running days (Mon, Wed, Fri) we would double or triple the distance out company would run at a faster pace. When we would march there we would have to throw sandbags in our ruckís that were around the 80 lbs. range with our weapons that werenít your standard M16 or M4 these were the 50 cal beret and the xm110. I was still a small guy at this point and eventually my legs couldnít handle it anymore which was devastation because I would have enlisted until retirement with that position in the Army.
    Now that you've been discharged from the military, do you still go shooting your sniper rifle (or any other gun, for that matter) at target ranges?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    No, I have not shot a weapon since I was discharged in 2011. Like I said before, I am hearing impaired as well. Iím not completely deaf but not far from it so I was told not to be doing anymore shooting.

    I guess that will change later this year after graduation and the family takes a trip to visit my family in FL. since my wife wants to learn to shoot and Iíd like to be the one to teach her, and maybe the little one would like to know how to shoot a bow.
    Do you have any other hobbies, besides gaming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    Yes, I love watching hockey (Flyers & Lightning) in fact, I was being coached and trained to be a goalie up until my late teens where I became more fascinated with girls and my legs started to become brittle. I watch as much hockey as possible but I also catch myself wondering how I would be doing and would I take so much money like they do because athletes get paid way too much to do what they love even though they are separated from the families. Enlisted Armed Forces get paid nothing compared to these guys/girls.

    Bass Fishing is near and dear to my heart. I began fishing when I was around 19 or so and this was the first hobby/activity my father and I bonded with and grew our relationship into what it is now. I do reside in El Paso, TX. which is a desert with no surrounding water for over 2 hours driving so I donít go fishing unless I am visiting my parents in Florida, where we take the boat out everyday I am there. What kind of boat you askÖ.a 21 foot Triton Bass Boat limited edition.

    I collect unopened videogame collector editions and rare games in addition to hot wheels and diecast cars if you would count that as a hobby. Someday I hope they will become worth some money.

    Iím addicted to shopping on Amazon I count that as a hobby since I am always on there looking to scoop something up that isnít needed. I donít just buy for myself I buy for friends and occasionally my family, that is not my wife or daughter, since they get whatever they want already.

    Lastly and most important, spending time with my daughter is all I would ask for in this lifetime, she can be a pain but she brings the biggest smiles to my face. We run around chasing each other playing tag or slapping mom on the butt, she even plays some video games like Critter Crunch, SpongeBob, Disney Infinity kinda, and The Last Guy.
    Your relationship with your daughter and wife sound much like mine. My wife and daughter are both spoiled and I too run around with my kid slapping mommy on the butt.

    So, what brought you to the site?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    I've been a member of the community since 2009, just wasnít active until the past few years after the site came back from the shutdown. I first came to the site when I was playing Resident Evil 5, Uncharted 2, and Assassins Creed II simply because I was so close to the platinumís already that I needed help on several trophies. Even though I earned a couple of platinumís then, I wasnít hooked on earning trophies.

    Right now what keeps me at the site are some of the members I converse with and built a relationship with as well as being able to write guides for the community.
    What are your honest thoughts about the site nowadays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    Honestly I feel the members here need to become more active, I remember when I would wake up and come onto the site and see 3 or 4 pages of threads that have been posted on and now there are only a handful of active threads. I wish more members here would try to recruit people to come here instead of the other sites we know they are a part of. I donít know what direction this site is taking but I also have to hope it isnít only concerned with trophy guides because not everyone is here for that.

    I still hear about people leaving the site because of the chatroom just because they feel they are shunned away and are being keyboard bullied. This never happened to me as when I used to go in there everyone was nice to me such as Helyx, Davey, Coug and a couple others that would be on really late at night. I donít really ever go in there anymore just because itís hard to make connections in there when you all know each other so well and it is fun just to sit back and watch you guys make fun of each other.
    Yeah, unfortunately the ChatBox gets a bad rap on account of a few rotten apples.

    You have a pretty cool PSN ID, if I do say so myself... and I do say so myself! I'm always interested in knowing how people came up with their PSN ID's. How'd you come up with yours?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    Actually Yoo_Hoo_Sniper is not an account I play on anymore unless I am helping someone out with one of the games I have played on that account. I now use Blue_Eyez_Sniper so Iíll give an explanation of both for those that do not know and havenít asked prior.

    I made the Yoo_Hoo_Sniper account in 2008 sometime after SOCOM Confrontation was released as you can see from the picture. At the time I made this account, I was a sniper in the military which I was very proud of so I felt like that should be incorporated into my handle. During this time I was eating a lot of beef jerky with Yoo-Hoo so when the names I wanted to use were taken my eyes scattered my apartment and it donned on me quickly to add Yoo_Hoo to sniper thus making Yoo_Hoo_Sniper. I like the look of underscores to separate words so thatís how that came about.




    To inform everyone I do not currently drink Yoo-Hoo and it is powdered drink not real chocolate milk! I havenít had it in a long time simply because I love water and tea (sweet or raspberry).

    I made a new account right before the launch of PlayStation 4 because I wanted to see my progress with the new generation and not have to see what I played prior with the exception of the games I went back and played like Sonic. This new account has turned out to be like a perfect plat and that to me is a big milestone. Anyway, the name Blue_Eyez_Sniper came from me having baby blue eyes so nothing out of the ďblueĒ there.
    Scattered your eyes around the apartment... that's probably how 80% of usernames are created, no lie.

    What would you say is your favorite genre, and why?


    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    My favorite genre is RPG hands down because they rely more on story and character development than having a game surrounded by bad mechanics or shooting plus they donít add many puzzles. Letís say RPG gives you your money's worth by the amount of time you need to put into them to complete.

    Racing is near and dear to me though because that is one genre I can place my headset on, listen to the performance of the car, and listen to my ipod at the same time, ignoring everything else, giving me time to relax.
    You have a reasonably impressive trophy profile with 87 platinums under your belt. Did you start off as a trophy hunter? Did it evolve over time? Do you have any particular goals you'd like to reach with respect to trophies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    If you count all my platinums, I have over 100 but not everyone knows that since I donít show my new account on here. I didnít start collecting trophies until 2010 and the first games I played for the point of trophies were LBP and Infamous, both of which I didnít plat for a few years.

    I donít have any goals Iíd like to reach, however, Iíd like to keep my new account a perfect plat list that doesnít need to be 100% completion rate and maybe one day Iíll go back and play on my Yoo_Hoo account to reach 100 plats to earn the site award.

    I actually like seeing and hearing people earn their platinums more so with my help because it feels good to help someone out. A lot of these individuals I have grown a friendship with, who in turn help me out or someone else, where some individuals just do the ungrateful thing and donít thank you or help anyone else out, caring only about themselves.
    As far as your new list, why not go for that illustrious 100% completion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    Right now I can go for 100% completion but in the end I wonít buy DLC for games I dislike or are overpriced, like NFS dlc always is. I bought all the season passes for the yearly round of games such as BF4, COD, and AC but I donít even like COD so that may never be a 100% completed game either.
    I'd also rather spend the money on my daughter or wife instead of supporting a game that I felt I could live without. to all those who do have 100% completion.
    Let's say you were made admin for a day. Who would you ban? Ok, I'm just kidding. Seriously, though, if you were admin for a day, what would you change on the site, if anything?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    No, seriously, I would ban 00Highway00 for being a dirty booster and just to mess with him. I wouldnít want to ban anyone although I would want people to grow up and act mature and polite because there is always a respectful way of saying or doing something that doesnít cause drama and have people siding with others. For instance, this past week a thread was made about something serious and it went off tracks because of one person's post, and subsequently, the thread was closed. I wouldnít side between either of the two people although I am friends with one because I come here for everything and to get along with people, not to be disrespectful, although I think some of the threads are completely ridiculous, I'd just rather not post in them myself.

    If I wanted to change something I would like to add more trophy related items, like the trophy cabinet and better stats, as well as getting back our own leaderboards. This is because you hear of so many other people going to different sites because they think theyíre cooler for the features they have and find it boring here. Iím not a fan of biting off someone elseís style but change is needed in order to keep older members around plus bring new faces in and stay current.
    A thread that went off-tracks? You don't say! /sarcasm

    Actually, I know exactly what thread you're talking about. I think that was a misunderstanding of intention more than anything, but I get your point.

    I see you've done a few trophy guides for the site. Thanks for the contributions! As a fellow guide-writer myself, I'm interested in knowing what you think of the trophy guide writing experience? What made you want to start writing guides? Which one are you most proud of? Is there any advice you want to give people who are considering writing guides, or who are just starting out? Aside from me, are there any guide authors that you look up to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    First off, thank you for your contributions Hitman, your guides are of great quality. (Editorial note: I swear, I didn't make him say that. )

    I really enjoy writing guides with the exception of collectibles, ugh, that can be a daunting task on its own. When someone says it is a great guide and it helped them out a lot, it is a pleasure that makes you feel good. I actually asked to be a part of the Review Team before but got denied so I went into the thought process of writing guides.

    Bnecker717 (Lucy) made me want to start writing guides and without her I probably wouldnít have ever done it. She was writing a lot of guides and we were pretty close, practically played everyday, and LittleBigPlanetKarting was coming out and I asked if she would co-op with me and she accepted. She showed me the ropes and the guide turned out well, in fact, thanks to PlayStation+ it is my highest viewed guide I am a part of.

    I am most proud of the Ride to Hell: Retribution guide simply because I have seen other sites with my information and videos so it was an all around score and I even seen EricVoltage post I went through it for everyone because yeah it was pretty bad.

    Every guide I have written that I received on release I have been a top 5 finished except Grid 2 because of a dumb glitched trophy and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 because EU had it released over there first but I have a couple 1st place finishes and I think I just got 4th place for Cabelaís Big Game Pro Hunts Guide.

    I believe I have provided good tips to those who were new to writing guides or starting out, like my buddy Tuvuu-48, who has since written a few more and Pancake Model who also wrote a guide. I also give the link for the standards and how to add the images in the guide because people get lost in that part and just be informative and detailed. Nothing more I hate than seeing a guide that says go to this point in the game where Iím not told how to do that and that frustrates me and no offense to the Fifa 14 and Walle for the guide but dang, I was new to that game and didnít know how to go anywhere or anything, just ask Marccap, I was asking him to set up matches.

    Two people I have gotten a lot of help from and I look up to with guides are Marccap and Davey, who really kept me writing the guides. I remember doing my first solo guide (Sniper Ghost Warrior 2) where Davey and Compa were giving me advice and tips to better my writing but at this time if I need help or advice I turn to the hulk because I feel he is easiest to communicate with and doesnít look at me like, 'why are you messaging me?', not that anyone does but I feel Marccap is an easy person to approach whereas other big guide writers could brush it off. Compa is also someone I look up to because she has written some solid guides that I have used before.

    Some people may not be mentioned because I havenít used or glanced at their guides yet are very detailed writers which I would also look up to like Ultra and Luckay even if you guys are younger than me.
    Don't worry, I got denied by the Review Team as well. I think they were scared I'd out-do them all.

    You sort of go out of your way to differentiate "helping out" from "boosting". Why is that? What's the difference, if I may ask?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    Well as my good buddy once said boosting is more of ranking people up where they get a quick burst to where they need to be and helping is taking things slowly step by step. The ONLY game I have helped people boost up in rank is Borderlands 2 but it was more like I was helping 00Highway00 boost members up :p:. Oh and that sorta quote comes from him too. < - - - He is also the one who boosted me to OverPower 8 in BL2 giving me all the best weapons, what a hypocrite haha.

    You can also look at boosting and helping differently as I am only helping you get to the point of where the trophy is and not doing it for another member.

    I will say now though I am no longer making myself available to those outside of the community so if you are reading this and are not a member http://ps3trophies.com/forums/regist...eferrerid=2484 click on the link and register with me as your referral. The people of this community are patient with me as they know I will help them out as soon as I can since I have a life too whereas other people are always sending me friend invites and demand help frequently, it becomes a nuisance and something I donít want to deal with.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall you having done some graphics work around the site, such as banners. Right? Have you always been into graphics, or is it something new?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    This question actually made me laugh man because I have never done any graphics for the site. I used to make my own avatars and signatures back in the day but I go to Pancake Model for just about everything graphic related. I also ask EricVoltage and Dare at times but Pancake is someone I have been close to for a couple of years and he always leaves me speechless with his work. When people ask me for something I direct them to Pancake or I even tell them to go to him for signature work when they donít ask (Pancake if youíre reading this sorry bud).

    I did just pass my art class with an A+ though so Iím not completely useless and if someone really wanted me to make something I would, even though it would take me some time. Itís an area I need to work on more within my field before I become more familiar enough to feel confident.
    Do you have any guilty pleasures?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    ∑ Umm I like to stay up as long as I can without sleeping because itís a waste of life to sleep since it makes us miss out on so much
    ∑ I play games to ignore the wife
    ∑ Eating pizza 7 days a week
    ∑ Listen to music with explicit sex lyrics (my favorite)
    ∑ I donít know the term for it but I like watching tv seasons from beginning to end in 1 sitting
    ∑ Spending all my vacation time in Orlando the 407
    Wow, those guilty pleasures sound a lot like mine. It's like we're soul mates!

    Finally, any shoutouts you'd like to give out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    I have shoutouts, yeah. Iíll try to keep it to a minimum but as you see my friends list is very small because those that are on it I consider a friend and not a random person who just wants to have a popularity contest.

    Krysta91 who has been revising all my guides and being a huge reason why I visit the site so often and is someone who relates well to my situation since we're close in age as well as we both have a child. She laughs at all my jokes so we keep a good friendship.

    00Highway00 the dirty booster, letís see, we started playing together towards the end of last year with Borderlands 2. He helped me reach op8 and 100% the game plus he gave me great weapons but since then we play together and talk with one another a lot so this guy is a good friend too. BTW this guy has a poor nat type so if you try to play AC Black Flag with him you wonít be able to as he sets it to private.

    Pancake Model the graphic master who made me the coolest work in progress banner plus those awesome Yoo-Hoo bottles you see, the guy is a genius. Pancake also helps me out with games without asking for help so he is full of selfless acts, just a good guy who is full of knowledge.

    Meliz & Geobru you guys are probably the individuals I would hang out with outside of the community even though you're fans of Pittsburg. You guys both help me out with games and I enjoy and admire our friendships.

    K.I.D. & John 3007 you guys give me a lot of credit here and I appreciate that a lot, you guys give me a reason to keep driving me on what Iím doing. John, I never had the opportunity to play with you but I hope to at some point and K.I.D., you and the fam are always welcome to come play anytime, you guys are funny to listen to.

    JDizzle the man that would live down the road if I was living in FL., thanks for all your tips with games and news about game deals, of course I couldnít forget that.

    Smashguy and Omnislash have been providing me tips to complete games and encourage me to better myself within the site all the time as well.

    Qurb Ė this guy here, the young buck who is about to graduate, has helped me write a guide, gave me a point of view from what it is like to be a member of the tgt. I learned quite a bit from you and your heritage, much appreciated.

    Marccap because he is always there to answer any question I send his way and he has always been like that. I hope in the future we could work on a guide together and I also hope your dreams of moving to the U.S. come true for you and your wife.

    Honestly I shout out everyone that I talk to, each person deserves their own page but I have assignments I need to finish to continue on with my degree program so donít feel left out!!!! AlecDawesome, tuvuu48-, glogatn, jaggy, DARE, Javro, dajmer, Ericvoltage, Kratos, funny man Feral, Snakebit, man just everyone here who takes the time to get to know me and is polite. If youíre an [email protected]@ then no shout out to you.

    I do want to say I was honored to be voted for Marchís member of the month, it was the first month I was ever nominated and caught me by surprise. It made me see my work doesnít go unnoticed and most people know me for helping people out (NOT BOOSTING) but I am a pretty talkative person once you know me and Iíll invite you to play anything. I hope to keep impressing you all here and devote more of my time for the community. Thank you everyone again!!!
    Last edited by Faust; 04-25-2014 at 08:17 AM.

  2. #2
    PRO Member
    00Highway00's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,390
    Reputation
    247

    Ban me would you !?

    Thanks for the shoutout bro. Consider you to be a good friend as well. You dirty booster!
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

  3. #3
    Banned
    ScaryAbel210's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1,013
    Reputation
    59

    Great interview, Hitman. I enjoy to hear about you, Yoo Hoo Sniper.

  4. #4
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    Really enjoyed the back and forth between you, and some good questioning Hitman, flowed well.

  5. #5
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately the ChatBox gets a bad rap on account of a few rotten apples.
    Faust

    Nice interview fellas

  6. #6
    Galaxy beauty pirate
    Artemis's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,463
    Reputation
    215

    I had some laughs while reading this interview, because of Hitman's questions (and reactions) and yoohoo's answers. Really a nice read.

    I agree with you about your thoughts on the site and what you would change (new features) if you were an admin. This site hasn't been that lively anymore after the crash, but lately it seems to have gotten worse. It's a shame really, because staff seems to go out of their way lately to attract new members..
    Sig by Ramon

  7. #7
    The Last of my Kind
    Ultradog177's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Atlantis
    Posts
    866
    Reputation
    100

    Thanks for the mention good interview


    Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature & Elite Guild Bar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

  8. #8
    Local Drunk
    Feral's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,999
    Reputation
    603

    Good interview and congrats on being MotM Yoo Hoo


    Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

  9. #9
    The Deathly Rhythm
    Kratos06's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City Of Angels
    Posts
    2,100
    Reputation
    114

    One of the members here that still call me Kratos lol

    Congrats on winning MOtM!
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

    Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

  10. #10
    Notorious K.I.D.
    K.I.D.'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,690
    Reputation
    460

    Fantastic interview Yoo Hoo, certainly justifies me voting for you for MotM. I'm trying to take your advice and become as active on here as I was years ago. I don't understand all the hubbub about the CB, I've been here 5 years in August and I've spent maybe an hour or two in there.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam



  11. #11
    DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!
    ooga's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    1,526
    Reputation
    143

    CB is fun depending on who else is in there at the time. Lately there has been the same 5 ish people which isn't as fun in some respects but at least certain people haven't really been in there either. It's hit and miss on who is in there at the time whether people are shunned or not.

    I must say, when I first starting going in there I just kind of jumped in the conversations going and I was not really shunned. But I have seen many a people get shunned just because they're new. But half the time the new person is being annoying or stupid.

    IDK what I'm trying to get across here.

    Also, hilarious that you say people in the CB were nice to you including Helyx and Davey, who are probably at the time you first went in there the 2 least likely to be nice to anyone. Lol.

    As for the site, I agree with what you were saying. It's almost like why should we bother because it doesn't seem like anyone else is. Now don't take this the wrong way anyone, because I know people like Comp and Faust have been trying with stuff. But they can't do it by themselves and like Yoo Hoo said, some new features or having our actual Trophy data work would do wonders for the site. But I guess we're waiting for that site move that'll happen in another 8 years or so. Also, seems like certain people (like some of them in the CB) and some other ones seem to chase people away from the site, and some have been doing it for years.

    Eh, I still come here for the few people I like talking to and will continue to do so. I write my guides n junk, but when more and more fun people migrate to other sites that have actual working features and updated features and keep rolling out new stuff it does make it kinda hard to find motivation to stick around.

    Anyway, tl;dr ... Congrats on the well deserved win Yoo Hoo, always hear about what a nice guy you are and how you're always "helping out" with games and stuff. I've talked to you a handful of times in the CB and you're always pleasant and stuff. so good job and keep up the good work
    Last edited by ooga; 04-13-2014 at 02:43 AM. Reason: typo.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

  12. #12
    Notorious K.I.D.
    K.I.D.'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,690
    Reputation
    460

    Quote Originally Posted by ooga View Post
    CB is fun depending on who else is in there at the time. Lately there has been the same 5 ish people which isn't as fun in some respects but at least certain people haven't really been in there either. It's hit and miss on who is in there at the time whether people are shunned or not.

    I must say, when I first starting going in there I just kind of jumped in the conversations going and I was not really shunned. But I have seen many a people get shunned just because they're new. But half the time the new person is being annoying or stupid.

    IDK what I'm trying to get across here.

    Also, hilarious that you say people in the CB were nice to you including Helyx and Davey, who are probably at the time you first went in there the 2 least likely to be nice to anyone. Lol.

    As for the site, I agree with what you were saying. It's almost like why should we both because it doesn't seem like anyone else is. Now don't take this the wrong way anyone, because I know people like Comp and Faust have been trying with stuff. But they can't do it by themselves and like Yoo Hoo said, some new features or having our actual Trophy data work would do wonders for the site. But I guess we're waiting for that site move that'll happen in another 8 years or so. Also, seems like certain people (like some of them in the CB) and some other ones seem to chase people away from the site, and some have been doing it for years.

    Eh, I still come here for the few people I like talking to and will continue to do so. I write my guides n junk, but when more and more fun people migrate to other sites that have actual working features and updated features and keep rolling out new stuff it does make it kinda hard to find motivation to stick around.
    I couldn't find a single thing you said that I disagree with. But I thought I'd put my 2 cents in on why I stick around, especially during this downslide we've been in for awhile. Mainly it's because this is the only site I can guarantee I will stop by every day. It's the first site I check, the last site I check, and the only site I'll just sit and read threads even though I rarely post. Ignoring everything I tell my kids about how you can't trust anyone on the internet, I know this place. I know the good guys from days of old, the bad guys that still stick around, and the new guys whom I've come to consider really good friends. And I'm about as antisocial in real life as you can get, so for the people on here that know me, love me, or hate me you guys should know that you're all on my radar and I'm proud to share this place with you all.

    P.S. Strictly speaking on a personal level, the CB was always home to the competition. Being a member of the GGA back in this site's heyday, I got a lot of hate in the CB, almost all of it deserved if I'm being honest. Never felt that it was a place that I would say "welcomed" new members, it always struck as a club full of dicks that didn't want you in there. I doubt my experience is unique, seems to be commonplace.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam



  13. #13
    Galaxy beauty pirate
    Artemis's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,463
    Reputation
    215

    KID, you should hop in cb sometime. I can see it's not the best place for new members though.. However, if I see someone is getting bullied or shittalked on when I'm there, I'll say something about it.

    It's funny, because I was never really a cb person (if I dropped in once a month before the crash, it was often). I'm more of a forum person, but because the lack of conversation/activity there (boring and dead), I hop in more often and it grew on me.
    Anyway, I'll try to be more active on the forums again.
    Sig by Ramon

  14. #14
    The Incredible Marccap
    Marccap's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,395
    Reputation
    155

    Nice interview and thanks for the mention dude

    Add Me on PSN - Marccap

  15. #15
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    _RiCaRdO_'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    657
    Reputation
    16

    Congratz YHSniper!

    Nice interview, really enjoyed reading it

  16. #16
    Forget I Was Ever Here
    Yoo_Hoo_Sniper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,628
    Reputation
    661

    Thank you all for checking out the interview! If it was in person I would have been fiddling with my thumbs under the table. I could have been asked 100 questions and answered them all. I'm glad many of you feel I deserved it I am honored and will continue to stay on this path as well as make more contributions to the site. I wanted to hold a day where I just help people in games and then I also wanted to start giving out some stuff or donating to others so they can throw competitions would certainly build up the activity here.

    I see there is a lot of talk about the chatbox I just wanted to make it clear I was not trying to put it down in fact I have gone in there since the interview and I had a small conversation with members I never have before (Chris Valentine, Faust, and Troys) but I have messaged Chris before but they were all kind and you could tell they just wanted to chat and not push anyone away. Also as Artemis said you all should hop into the chatbox and communicate between one another heck I been meeting a lot of cool people that have similar taste in games and lifestyles so it's easy to make new friends.

    I hope I continue to see you all around in the forums and if you like send me a friends request on the PSN I play on both the PS4 and PS3 and I'm a chatterbox even if I am talking to myself.



    It is time for me to go underground

  17. #17
    ★ Extra Astronomical ★
    Pancake Model's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Morphogenetic Field
    Posts
    2,152
    Reputation
    282

    Great stuff, congrats on your win Yoohoo

  18. #18
    Banned
    ScaryAbel210's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1,013
    Reputation
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Thank you all for checking out the interview!
    You're welcome

  19. #19
    Retired...
    Smashguy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Out of Earth!
    Posts
    1,900
    Reputation
    318

    Great interview. I enjoyed to read this interview. Thanks for the shout-out man!



    Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO