January 2014 Member of the Month Interview - ERICVOLTAGE

This is a discussion on January 2014 Member of the Month Interview - ERICVOLTAGE within the Features and Editorials forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Hello there ERICVOLTAGE. Is there a story behind that name? Are you a Battery Licking Champion called Eric, perhaps? Originally ...

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

January 2014 Member of the Month Interview - ERICVOLTAGE

Hello there ERICVOLTAGE. Is there a story behind that name? Are you a Battery Licking Champion called Eric, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE
    Spot on, really. Just keeps going and going and going and going and going.
    I've been in those circles. Didn't have the saliva of a champ, though. Outside the things you do for the site, such as your Banner Shop and Trophy Guides, what else does Eric do for work and play that isn't tonguing Double A's?

Not my first choice, but I do my time at a tombstone inscribing company, digitally designing attractive facades for families of passed loved ones. Cheery, huh?

For play, my friends and I like to torture each other with terrible movies along with playing music from time to time. Mostly just being loud and dumb about town because we can.
    Perhaps not the cheeriest job, but not run-of-the-mill by any stretch. What would you say got you into Trophies? The lovely Ding! noise? That's my reason, anyway...

I'd already had one platinum accidentally earned at the time, but one evening I thought to myself, hey, Dead Space is really close to 100%, and went for it. From there, yeah, the instant gratification hooked me, and that's also how I found this site way back in the day.
    You have a substantial Plat collection there Eric. Do you have a favourite? All of them is an acceptable answer. Which one was the biggest drag to get? One that you would love to go back and erase from your trophy card forever.

Nah, there are too many to pick just one, but in hindsight there are ones that I can't believe that I went through all that crap to get some of them. Almost feels like if I keep at this long enough I'll be spouting trophy stories like and old war vet that killed fiddy men.

I can't think of a single platinum that was far worse than the others based solely on the fact that I achieved them, so the 'torture' is over. I came, I saw, I kicked its ass.

If I could pick some things to delete it'd be some unfinished stuff that I didn't even enjoy enough to do anything with, like; Dead Nation, Payday 2, hell even Call of Duty: Ghosts. Gross.
    Urgh, couldn't blame you wanting those last two off your list. Anyhoo, Member Of The Month eh? Congratulations and all that. I hear it gives you some sort of time-limited power to right some wrongs on the site, so, is there anything you would change on here? A buffet trolley in the Welcome forum?

Changes I'd make would be very small. Maybe more and current reviews and a steady change in the news slider to keep things fresh and content flowing, even including things like community incentives, like MoTM voting, so everyone can jump in. This place has a strong community, but lately I've seen some things fall flat, so getting more people involved in things like that can only make the sire stronger as a group.

Also, implementing Taco Tuesdays would make sure everything was awesome.
    I'll try and negotiate Taco Tuesdays, then. Hypothetically speaking, if you were on board a special PS3Trophies.com Party Cruise to celebrate your award, that would obviously go horribly wrong somehow, which other site members would you drag aboard the only lifeboat (Yes, the only one, a Staff member forgot to order more life boats to keep Feral in beer)?

As I was reading that the person that immediately came to mind was Feral because his thirst would dry up any body of water we were in. Then using the binoculars he uses to stalk my Tumblr, we'd find help in no time.

By help, I mean a Best Buy, where VITAs are only $200, right Feral?
    A Sound choice, but those binoculars don't look all that clean.
    You have a reputation for producing Banners for site members at a swift pace, and you happen to have a penchant for Back To The Future's Dolorean. Do you manipulate time to make those banners, or are you just quite good at doing them?

Ohh, you mean DeLorean, very much so. The programs I use at work are vastly similar to the Photoshop CS series. By helping people on here from time to time, it heightens my quality and delivery for both parties.

That way time is always on my side, even if I have to make it.
    I hang my head in shame for spelling that wrong. I'd best change the subject before anyone notices. Banners or Trophy Guides? Is one more rewarding for you than the other?

About the same, really. Through them I've met a lot of like minded people who just love to throw themselves at video games and grind out meaningless rewards, and it's great to just shoot the breeze with who I can.

Even if it means spending the evening shooting their Red Dead horses just to get on their nerves.
    You mentioned torturing via the medium of terrible movies earlier. Which one would be most effective for forcing a terrorist to tell Jack Bauer where the bomb is?

I won't name it offhand, because when you name a truly abysmal picture, people tend to seek it out to see if it's really bad, or fun-bad. But, I will say it was made by Vince Offer, the Slap Chop guy, in the late 90's.

If you look it up, it's on you, it's your sin to bare. It's the only movie in memory that I couldn't at least finish; there is just nothing, nothing worse than a bad comedy, but that one is the worst I've seen, period.

You couldn't even slap this trouble away.
    Damn. I looked it up, and now I have to see it. Last thing on the agenda: any shout outs to other PS3T.com members who have helped you along the way?

Just to those who thought well enough to throw me a vote for January MoTM, thanks a million, and to those who didn't, well, I'll just stare them down with my special eyes.

Thanks for your time, Good Sir. Keep licking those batteries.
    Last edited by Faust; 04-25-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Local Drunk

Good interview mate

Eric you bastard cheers for saving me off that ship though I'm not thirsty at all

Still keen on the ol' Vita thing hey

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Notorious K.I.D.

WTF!!!! What is it about Feral that makes people love him, I just don't get it.... jk, I get it

Anyways, my hats off to Eric for the win. You'll have to forgive my THC addled brain, I can't remember who I voted for back in January. That being said, I can't for the life of me think of a reason why I wouldn't vote for you. You've always struck me as a quality member around here, and I consider you one of the good guys and someone whose posts are funny and polite, a trait you should be proud of considering how rare it is on the internet.

Congrats again my good man.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Nice interview my banner making friend.

Nice that people who actually do a lot for the site are winning these MotM's.

As someone who has used a bunch of Eric's banners and some of his guides, I'm really happy he won. That and I'm a huge BttF fan and I always love when I spot one of Eric's posts and I check out his sig haha.

Nice to see a new gray getting some work in as well.

Congrats again on the win, Eric. I think I voted for you but idr tbh
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Forget I Was Ever Here

Nice interview Larry & Eric . What about freaky freaky Friday's that is a catching on subject matter like Taco Tuesday's!!!

Congrats on your member of the month award Eric you definitely deserved it and even the past few weeks you made multiple banners for me and I apologize for that still. Your work is beyond great and I'm glad you take park in the forums here and remain active when you can.

It is time for me to go underground

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    WTF!!!! What is it about Feral that makes people love him, I just don't get it.... jk, I get it
    Yeah, I don't get it either.

j/k also

Nicely done, LDA and ERIC.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it either.

j/k also
    Me either.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

Great interview to the both of you! Gratz Eric!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Me either.
    LIES!!!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|