Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Currently Playing (August 2014 Edition)

This is a discussion on Currently Playing (August 2014 Edition) within the Features and Editorials forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; 18 replies. Wow! My eyes must be fooling me. *rubs eyes* Everybody is playing or looking forward to games that ...

Galaxy beauty pirate

18 replies. Wow! My eyes must be fooling me. *rubs eyes*

Everybody is playing or looking forward to games that I'm interested in as well.

Muramasa rebirth - was already interested in that game when it just came out. Game looks gorgeous! Unlike others I only focus on 1 or 2 games at a time (maybe 3 if I wanna do crazy), so it's in my never ending backlog.
    Hohokum - Never heard of it, but it certainly looks interesting. That's why I like this article, to learn about new games.
    Akiba's trip - I laughed too when I read about this game. Just wanna play it for fun because it's kinda weird, not because I'm a perv.
    Diablo 3 - I want to play that game too on a PS4! Prolly one of the first games I buy when I get a PS4.
    The Wolf among us - I saved up all episodes and I'm definitely looking forward to play it!

Also, next time (If there's a next time), I'll try to not write about Jrpg's.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 9 - Gold

always a good read thanks!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Vettes View Post
    Glad to see somebody else wants to play Hohokum this month. Everyone needs to play a relaxing game every once in a while, and this looks to be a good one.
    I agree. It's good to throw a relaxing game into the mix. It's actually helped me with some games if I get stuck and just can't seem to get past a mission or what ever. Played Flower for a while and then when I went back to the other game i got past the area I was having trouble with. I just might have to try Hohukum but it won't be this month. Need to start saving some money.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Good to see a healthy response! Even if most of it is Feral being a pervert!

The sheer effort and creativity guys and gals like Faust, Ghost, Comp, Davey, YooHoo, ooga, Chris and Naggles put in is immense, it certainly deserves more attention and recognition. Without that effort, including that from those non-staff members who do so much for this site, this place would be ever so dull. All fresh content on this site should be encouraged and commented on. Good or bad (apart from, maybe, that Grammar Nazi bell-end who posted his 'advice' recently).

Personally, where the article is concerned, I may try Diablo III on PS4 as a friend of mine has been badgering me about it since it came out on PC, but also, Demon Gaze and Akiba's Trip look genuinely interesting too, so I wil seek them out in time.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I rarely post in threads outside of boosting ones, but have occasionally participated in voting and forum game threads. I'll try to post more often, I usually check things out on here a few times every other week. Overall this site has been really helpful in getting trophies thanks to the trophy guides and boosting threads. I just finished getting plats on Saints Row the Third, Ratchet & Clank: FFA, Ni no Kuni, God of War 3, and Bleach: Soul Resurreccion recently. Trying to finish up online on Neverdead with a few ppl, still looking for ppl for other games. Definitely looking forward to Tales of Xillia 2 coming up soon, been one of my favorite series for years and will be doing a 2nd run with others a few weeks later. Heard of Akiba's Trip and seems like an interesting game, haven't decided if I'll pick it up or not. Also looking forward to Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star coming out in a little over a month which is the prequel to the Ar Tonelico series.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Good read from the ET crew...I myself am working on Drakengard 3 this month and the hot girl in the game is the ONLY reason anyone should play that game...it is quite dreadful

I had to play through that game TWICE for plat...once pre trophy patch and once post trophy patch....then a 3rd time for all the DLC
    ^Drakengard 3 was rather enjoyable for me, I love how weird the series gets . Still planning on getting the DLC whenever it goes on sale. It gets more interesting as you get further, but I'll say NIER is the best, D1 is better than the other 2 simply because of the endings and D2 was as enjoyable as D3 was for me. The only frustrating thing was the very endgame, you should know what I'm talking about when you've made it to that point.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Good to see a healthy response! Even if most of it is Feral being a pervert!
    What sacrilege, I wasn't being a perv (this time at least lol).

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Majarubi View Post
    ^Drakengard 3 was rather enjoyable for me, I love how weird the series gets . Still planning on getting the DLC whenever it goes on sale. It gets more interesting as you get further, but I'll say NIER is the best, D1 is better than the other 2 simply because of the endings and D2 was as enjoyable as D3 was for me. The only frustrating thing was the very endgame, you should know what I'm talking about when you've made it to that point.
    Oh I know exactly what you're talking about....worst final battle in a game EVER

PRO Member

That foreward should be put on home page.

I'm not much of a talker online or off but i have been trying to post a bit more lately even if it's just a "good job" in the checklists or a vote in the comps.

I'm currently just playing some DLC on older games (Burnout Paradise to 100% and soon to get The Walking Dead 400 days done) to help my overall completion % while waiting for Madden 15 to come out on the 26th.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 8 - Gold

Currently Playing existed? sorry its my first time seeing it. Out of curiosity, why is this type of thread in the PS3Headquarters/Playstation&TrophyNews section? I don't see a resemblance between the 2.

Back on topic, great thread. Interesting set of games.

Currently playing: Blops, FF6, GTA5.
    Looking forward to: Akibas Trip, Destiny, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Order 1886, Sunset Overdrive, and some others that I cant recall.

PRO Member

Akiba's Trip is looking surprisingly interesting. Not usually my thing but it seems to have just the right amount of action/humor.

Muramasa looks good as well but I don't know if I'll check it out anytime soon. Currently playing through Legend of Dragoon, Dino Crisis and Final Fantasy X.

Can't believe how tough Dino Crisis turned out to be. Only made it about a quarter of the way when I was a kid, and I still don't have the patience to work my through it today without the help of save states. The dinosaurs, resource management and level design -> all brutal.

PRO Member

The sheer effort and creativity guys and gals like Faust, Ghost, Comp, Davey, YooHoo, ooga, Chris and Naggles put in is immense, it certainly deserves more attention and recognition. Without that effort, including that from those non-staff members who do so much for this site, this place would be ever so dull. All fresh content on this site should be encouraged and commented on. Good or bad (apart from, maybe, that Grammar Nazi bell-end who posted his 'advice' recently).
    Absolutely, they all do a tremendous job with the website.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Currently Playing existed? sorry its my first time seeing it. Out of curiosity, why is this type of thread in the PS3Headquarters/Playstation&TrophyNews section? I don't see a resemblance between the 2.
    Honestly? I don't know. Sub put it in the news section on our first outing and I've just left it here ever since. I also don't have the necessary permissions to moderate in the Editorials section (where you might expect this kind of feature to reside), so there's that.

We've been doing this since April, I believe, and we release as close to the first of the month as we can. It will always be stickied (sticky'd? stuck? bah, fuck it) in the News section, and will also usually feature in the slider on the home page.

Thanks to everyone for reading and posting!

Negator

TL;DR I am le homo.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

I remember when I first joined the site and the huge community. I know I am guilty of not being as active as I could be or even once was. However, YooHoo won't let me drop off the face of the planet so kudos to him.

As for me, trying to plat NBA 2K14 () and Wolfenstein. Have to get around to playing Sniper Elite III so that I am ready for Dying Light later this month.

Thank you to everyone that keeps this community going.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Since Fez is for free and i've never played it, i guees im going to be with that, also will try the road not taken (or something like that) since well its also free. Guess those to and TLOU remastered a little more.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Cool! Look at all those replies!
    Not so cool that Fawst had to say something about it first....
    The staffmembers are doing a REALLY GREAT job here on the forum, they deserve an applause in the form of a reply.
    But keep in mind that it's summertime, people are away on a holiday or more outside. There are not much games coming out either.
    I bet the number of replies will increase in the winter.
    I know what you're gonna say, that posts still get a lot of views. Now i've been a main moderator on a forum a while ago (even co-admin) where we had the same problem. Thing is, that view-counter isn't really reliable. It also counted views from guests that couldn't leave a reply because they were not registered, also, it counts the views from the same members. Like me, i looked at the post "currently playing july" like 5 or 6 times, but only left 1 reply.....
    I'm not saying that this isn't a problem, people could reply more, but keep your hopes up! And keep on the good work! Then everything will be allright. You still got the best guides and the nicest people here!

NOW, let's get back to my favourite thread of the month "Currently Playing". I have been playing a lot and i'm gonna play a lot, because this day, August 6th, is the first day of my vacation. I'm free from work untill the 18th, JUST one day before Diablo III comes out...the game i am really waiting for...oh well, got a backlog from here to tokyo, so i won't be bored...

What i've been playing :
    On the VITA i got LEGO Batman 2: DC superheroes for free being a plus-member, thought i give it a try and it turned out that it was a lot of fun! Finished the game 91% and i should get that last trophy to get the plat...someday...
    I also bought Child of Light again that came out for VITA. It still looked beautiful and got it 100% already.
    On the VITA i'm also still working on that Smart as... Plat (getting close now)

On the PS4 i bought "Entwined"

available in the Playstation store, a beautiful game, but it should be in 3D. I hope there will be a 3D patch/upgrade in the future, because then the game will be superior

At the gamestore, i bought myself a copy of The Last of Us™ Remastered, never played it on PS3, so now was my chance.
    This game is SOooooo beautiful on PS4, really awesome...The first 15 minutes i was just standing in the room, looking at all the details, the shadows, the mirror, absolutely gorgious. I've played the first chapters and the storyline is indeed very cool.
    But there's something about the game that keeps me from playing further...some little things irritate me. Maybe my expectations were too high, i don't know...I shot at a door once (trying to hit the guy) and noticed the door didn't had any damage...not even a stain.... Then there was this guy that i've had knocked-out with a piece of wood. I tried to pick up the body to hide it so it wouldn't alarm the others, but i couldn't. (maybe i've played "Thief" too much) I was dissapointed when the body DID alarm the others, causing my death...bummer....
    So i've layed the game aside and continued playing "Bound by Flame"

The game isn't easy to play like i said before, but i'm really getting the hang of it now. I've earned myself a few new trophies and i've already made a strategic plan for my second playthrough. This game will help me through my vacation.

Further on, a new month will give a plus-member new free games. These are the ones i will give a try:
    6th August: Road Not Taken
    6th August: FEZ
    6th August: Proteus
    6th August: Metrico
    6th August: LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 Years

That will keep me busy untill DIABLO III comes out....

PRO Member

Glad to see some positive feedback from the community
    I may have to put Army of Two into my huge backlog, if it's a decent co-op game Any idea what the platinum is like for it?

Could not imagine playing through Fallout 3 THREE times like Davey, I don't even know if I got to completing it once?!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Glad to see some positive feedback from the community
    I may have to put Army of Two into my huge backlog, if it's a decent co-op game Any idea what the platinum is like for it?

Could not imagine playing through Fallout 3 THREE times like Davey, I don't even know if I got to completing it once?!

I would gladly have tried doing all of Fallout 3 again, but man, structurally, it just fell to pieces after 20 hours. Literally became unplayable after 35 hours as it kept crashing, freezing, lagging. You name it, Fallout 3 did it.

It would be one of my favourite games ever if it were not for those bloody issues.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I would gladly have tried doing all of Fallout 3 again, but man, structurally, it just fell to pieces after 20 hours. Literally became unplayable after 35 hours as it kept crashing, freezing, lagging. You name it, Fallout 3 did it.

It would be one of my favourite games ever if it were not for those bloody issues.
    Meh, Bethesda games on console.

I still need to try it though as it looks like a great game.

Flesh is heretic /
    My body is a witch /
    I am burning it

Hello

Lvl 1 - Bronze

In response to the introduction, I will make my first post and try being more active in the community. I have used this site alot but I am really not the forum type,but this site is very helpful and the contributors here seem cool so why not?
    Currently playing: MGS 3, Jak and Daxter collection, MLB 14 the Show(PS4),Lego Marvel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast