View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

1 4.17%
  • Easy

4 16.67%
  • Moderate

9 37.50%
  • Hard

7 29.17%
  • Very Hard

3 12.50%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the FIFA Soccer 12 forum, part of the F; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by connman88; 03-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Nothing is Implattable, the word itself says I'm plattable.

PRO Member

I played this at my friends and the gameplay was really easy. I looked at the trophy list and nothing too hard was on there, so this earns a very easy rating imo. It might take a while, but that has nothing to do with difficulty.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This game's plat certainly looks far easier than other years, purely because you don't have to play 500 games with your VP anymore!
    Sig and Avatar made by ABSTRACT678

The Incredible Marccap

My fifa 11 plat was alot harder then what fifa 12 seems to be. I have 56% of the trophies so far in fifa 12. The ultimate team trophies may be the longest ones to get but otherwise I give it a 4/10 difficultly to plat in my opinon so far.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Alot easier than fifa 11

PRO Member

I am about 70% through this, so far it has been pretty simple. I was surprised how easy some of the trophies have been. I think the main difficulty in this years game is the two UT trophies, firstly the one which is pure chance in opening a pack with a Team of the Week player in it and the one where you have a club valued at 85 million. They seem stupid trophies especially the former. Aside from those, it's a fun plat attempt, the 50 hours looks beastly but will soon pass. This is a much easier plat than FIFA 11, I never really attempted it last year.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TomNolan89 View Post
    I am about 70% through this, so far it has been pretty simple. I was surprised how easy some of the trophies have been. I think the main difficulty in this years game is the two UT trophies, firstly the one which is pure chance in opening a pack with a Team of the Week player in it and the one where you have a club valued at 85 million. They seem stupid trophies especially the former. Aside from those, it's a fun plat attempt, the 50 hours looks beastly but will soon pass. This is a much easier plat than FIFA 11, I never really attempted it last year.
    I agree with this, none of the trophies seem hard at all apart from the UT ones. I've never done UT before so I'm starting from scratch, got no idea what I'm doing!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

There's a good mix this year between ultimate team, career mode, online and misc trophies. some are random like megged etc. 50 hours is nothing if you think that you will probably play this until next october. EA have more or less abandoned pro clubs(1 Trophy) and Ultimate team is a great mode. 7/10 difficulty need to be dedicated.

Platinums - Toy Story 3, Assasin's Creed II, Need For Speed:Undercover, Uncharted 2:Among Thieves, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Heavy Rain, Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection,
    God of War III, Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince, FIFA 12, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    , Infamous 2, Motorstorm: Apocalypse

PSN(100%) - Machinarium

Working On - Borderlands (52%), Red Dead Redemption (38%).

Lvl 7 - Gold

Are you kidding me?! I've spent alot of time in fifa 11 on FUT. Now I'm sick of it, and now I have to get a squad to 85... and I have to get a team of the week player in a package. In 11 I sold my great team and got 550k for it. I didn't get a ingle good player except, xabi alonso.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

PRO Member

FIFA 12 IS THE WORST NIGHTMARE for every trophy collector

"FUT" has so many bugs which you will face someday while trying to achieve some trophies.

For example, I was disconnected while I was playing 100th games of my squad.
    It affected "Club Legend" trophy which your squad has to play for 100 games
    Once I came back to FUT, no trophy... this happened to me 2 times already
    That means I have to find another squad who havn't reach 100 games and play again
    for 100 games.

Another bug is "We'll need a larger trophy case"
    Same.. disconnected at 9th trophy. I came back to "FUT" again
    it said i achieved 10 trophies already..
    So, I have to delete my club and collect 10 trophies again

This is ridiculous...
    Last edited by Drazjung; 10-27-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ehm. The Club Legend trophy only requires a single player to get 100 matches. So you don't really have to find a new squad. Just a new player to use for that particular trophy.

Anyway, I think this is an easier plat than FIFA 11. Or even FIFA 10. I do have the FIFA 10 platinum, but I didn't even try to go for the FIFA 11 one, because of having to win an online tournament and playing 50 matches for a single online club. I hate stuff like that, so I'm glad that this game doesn't have anything like that. Well, there is the head to head seasons and friendly seasons, but that's it. Other than that, it's just time-consuming. And a bit of luck.

PRO Member

This is my first serious experience with a FIFA game, Im kind of dissapointed. The 85mill trophy is time consuming and it gets worse with often
    disconnections from EA servers!!! Two oe Three games or in the middle of a final match got disconnected! I spend a lot of time buying packs just to get contracts!! Awful!! I think I'll go back to PES!! I rated moderate because of the 50 hour trophy!! It was a overall good experience if I just erase from my Mind "that annoying 85mill trophy".

The Deathly Rhythm

Moderate

Growing Club trophy took my nights, grinding to 85,000,000 took sooo long and the 50 hr trophy is the stupidest trophy ever created, but overall is was a fun game to play
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Kiwi Defender

Moderate. None of the trophies are really skill-depdenant, but it takes a lot of grinding.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.