Scam Messages

This is a discussion on Scam Messages within the FIFA Soccer 12 forum, part of the F; Just a warning to everyone. I recieved a message via my PSN earlier from someone claiming to be ElectronicArtsNY. It ...

Beast Incarnate

Scam Messages

Just a warning to everyone. I recieved a message via my PSN earlier from someone claiming to be ElectronicArtsNY. It reads:

We have reason to believe that you have been abusing other FIFA Ultimate Team gamers and therefore you will be banned from EA servers completely within the next 24 hours. If you would like to appeal against this ban, please reply to the message sending your Playstation network e-mail and password so that one of our moderators can investigate.

Yours Sincerely
    EA Sports Customer Service
    Obviously this is a scam. EA would never ask for your password. Plus I have only ever played twice online with my Ultimate Team, and both of those times were with a friend.

You weak azz niggs

You should reply, "cool story bro."

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    You should reply, "cool story bro."
    lol. Just making everyone who plays the game aware of morons trying to scam people.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Did you report it?

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Did you report it?
    Yeah, and so have some other people I believe

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Just a warning to everyone. I recieved a message via my PSN earlier from someone claiming to be ElectronicArtsNY. It reads:

Obviously this is a scam. EA would never ask for your password. Plus I have only ever played twice online with my Ultimate Team, and both of those times were with a friend.
    I got the same message last weekend, I messaged back asking did they want my Credit Card Details and Pin also ElectronicArtsUN replied "thanks man"

Got a friend request today with "hi i only need a 85 and 86 for big cup squad trophy therefore 17k if you buy a bronze player for this price ..... you can have my whole squad" sad thing is this is possibly not a scam. as the sender is a Level 13 and hardly going to risk their trophy collection with a scam.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Thanks for the heads-up.

Chances are though, this is legit. I mean EA have proved to be a snide bunch of bastards recently, especially with getting caught cheating review ratings for Battlefield 3.

Lvl 5 - Silver

lol, but good thing that you are making other people aware of the scam!!
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The Ea one is definitely a scam - I didn't get banned within 24 hours

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I get scam messages every week playing Ultimate Team. The most popular one is "Would you like me to duplicate [insert 1 of my players name] for you?", and of course if you answer yes they say they need your account info. It always comes from the dude I just beat, and he's always terrible but has a great team... which leads me to believe that people must actually fall for these. The last guy that sent me this was about 2 days ago. I just replied "No thanks. One Pato was enough to kick your ass, I don't need 2." No reply

Up the Irons!

That's obviously a scam. Thank you for posting it.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Aha I received exactly the same message a week ago but it was from ElectonicArtsUN. When I asked what my offence was he replied that I had been sending abusive messages to other users in the game. So beware guys don't get tricked. EA should know how to monitor us since its their server. They don't need our password. duh!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

haha this is like all the princes of far away countries that need to know my bank account number so they can wire their money into it for safe keeping.
    btw-read the book called The Bretheren by John Grisham. its about three judges who are in prison and have a scam like this in a way to make millions of dollars

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

im sorry but the idiot who falls for this deserves to lose it all
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

I never play any type of FIFA or sport games but this should keep me aware of scams that could rise from this one for other EA games. Thanks for the heads up.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by seattlekboy View Post
    haha this is like all the princes of far away countries that need to know my bank account number so they can wire their money into it for safe keeping.
    Yeah true was thinking the same, reminded me of the scam emails in Deus Ex from the Nigerian Chamber of Commerce

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vamp View Post
    I get scam messages every week playing Ultimate Team. The most popular one is "Would you like me to duplicate [insert 1 of my players name] for you?", and of course if you answer yes they say they need your account info. It always comes from the dude I just beat, and he's always terrible but has a great team... which leads me to believe that people must actually fall for these. The last guy that sent me this was about 2 days ago. I just replied "No thanks. One Pato was enough to kick your ass, I don't need 2." No reply
    there's so much win you your comment back to the scammer.....that's why we're friends lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009