Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Gets Dated At TGS 2012

This is a discussion on Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Gets Dated At TGS 2012 within the Final Fantasy Versus XIII forum, part of the F; Most rumors concerning Final Fantasy Versus XIII fall flat. Take for instance the recent one that said the long-awaited title ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Gets Dated At TGS 2012

Most rumors concerning Final Fantasy Versus XIII fall flat. Take for instance the recent one that said the long-awaited titlehad suddenly become Final Fantasy XV.

And because the franchise in question was basically a no-show at E3 this year, the fans remain mostly in the dark. However, E3 isn't necessarily the place for Square Enix (or other Japanese developers) to hit the gaming world with big news; they often save that for the Tokyo Game Show, which comes around in the late summer/early fall.

This year's TGS will run between September 20 and 23 and according to a tip we've received from someone who claims to have heard the news "in passing" on the E3 showroom floor, Square Enix will provide a date for Final Fantasy Versus XIII at that time. This tipster did not overhear an actual date; just the "fact" that the date will be revealed at TGS this year. The person who said it is a Square Enix executive of some note, although he wouldn't give us the name for some reason.

Anyway, as is the case with any and all tips from anonymous sources, take this with a grain of salt. Just bear in mind that it certainly seems plausible...or maybe we're just being hopeful.
    Source: Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Gets Dated At TGS 2012 - PS3 News

PRO Member

Well, its about time.

Sig by Bladia

Kiwi Defender

Well, this being a Japanese game and Square being Square, it would be fitting for them to announce the release date there. Here's hoping this is the last time we have to speculate when they'll announce a release date lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

XIII-2 just came out... do you REALLY need another FF game right now?

Nope, nothing

Well I damn hope so, and it would make complete sense...

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    Right now?!! ARE YOU CRAZY?

We've been waiting for this game since 2006!!

Kiwi Defender

It wouldn't get released this year anyway. They would most likely announce a release date for 2013 in Japan, meaning we'd need to wait until 2014.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

On the one hand, I'm excited.

On the other hand, I am in disbelief at myself that I am excited to hear a rumor that maybe a release date for a game will be announced three months from now.

On my mutant third hand I just want the game to be an actual real thing in the world already please. pretty please with sugar on top.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

ill believe it when i see it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Right now?!! ARE YOU CRAZY?

We've been waiting for this game since 2006!!
    This.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Doom hates to be the bearer of bad news but Versus will have to wait until Square finally gets off their lazy asses and make Emperor Doom: Mystic Voyage. An RPG where you get to play as everyone's favorite Dictator, anyone who says otherwise will get a bat shoved up their ass, and do paperwork. It'll sell millions.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Game on....

FFXIII Versus (FFXV) is largely regarded as the future redemption of the FF series. I personally enjoyed FFXIII and FFXIII-2 but i do understand the criticisms of the two games. We haven't had an FF game with a world map since FFIX, the music is slowly declining (FFXIII-2), little or no mingames, less characters and the overall feel of what makes an FF game an FF game is being lost somehow. So yes we do need another FF game right now! FFXIII Versus is overdue..

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    FFXIII Versus (FFXV) is largely regarded as the future redemption of the FF series. I personally enjoyed FFXIII and FFXIII-2 but i do understand the criticisms of the two games. We haven't had an FF game with a world map since FFIX, the music is slowly declining (FFXIII-2), little or no mingames, less characters and the overall feel of what makes an FF game an FF game is being lost somehow. So yes we do need another FF game right now! FFXIII Versus is overdue..
    Well I know for a fact that Nobuo Uematsu (music of FF series) and Hironobu Sakaguchi (creator of FF franchise) left the company in 2004, so that might be a reason as to why the music is slowly declining, and the overall feel of the FF games are declining. I think the 3 major releases (12, 13, 13-2) not counting the MMO XIV (which I barely played) were pretty good. Granted they weren't as awesome as past FF games, such as I, III, IV, VI, VII, IX, & X, but they were still fun nonetheless (I have yet to play 13-2 myself, but have watched my fiancee play about halfway through the game)

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Harvester of Souls

True true.. Definitely hoping we see it soon. I've lost most interest in it.. but still want a GOOD FF game. One with some real characters would also be nice and not shitty Snow and Hope ******ry, though those new ones have some good points about them too. I just can't stand them myself.

*Crosses fingers and hopes for some real confirmation soon*

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Kiwi Defender

Music has decline because a certain Mister Nobuo left ;__________;

Toggle Spoiler

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

Its about time we get more info on this

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

ill believe it when i see it
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Well I damn hope so, and it would make complete sense...Right now?!! ARE YOU CRAZY?We've been waiting for this game since 2006!!
    Lol your not joking man.Watched the trailer that was released about 2 years back a few days back and I have to admit, it still looks incredible. And annoyingly, I'm hyped for FFXIII Versus again.If its a 2013 release then I'll be chuffed. Doubt it, but hoping. Even a new trailer would keep me at ease for a bit.My only problem is FFXIII-3. Mostly why. But it'll get in the way of Versus IF Square-Enix are already working on FFXIII-3. Obviously not development. I got hyped for FFXIII-2, it was ok. But I can wait for FFXIII-3. FFXIII Versus, 2013. I'm not asking SE . Do it.