View Poll Results: When will this game release?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll

8 19.05%

17 40.48%

8 19.05%
  • Never

9 21.43%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Final Fantasy Versus 13 Info Thread

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy Versus 13 Info Thread within the Final Fantasy Versus XIII forum, part of the F; Originally Posted by LiLPlaya0o0 So this is the latest Versus news.. son of a......

PS420

Quote Originally Posted by LiLPlaya0o0 View Post

So this is the latest Versus news..
    son of a...

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hopefully we will see more at the TGS... come on Square!

No Game No Life

Final Fantasy Versus XIII to miss Tokyo Game Show

Final Fantasy Versus XIII to miss Tokyo Game Show
    As reportedly confirmed by Shinji Hashimoto.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will not be at this year’s Tokyo Game Show, producer Shinji Hashimoto has reportedly confirmed.

“I spoke to Hashimoto regarding various things today,” said an attendee of the Final Fantasy 25th anniversary event in Shibuya on Twitter. “It appears Versus will not be at the Tokyo Game Show. First, they are putting all their strength into the conclusion of the Lightning Saga and Final Fantasy XIV.”

In a later tweet, he added that Hashimoto said: “It is being developed, so look forward to it next year.”

Looks like we won't be seeing Versus XIII yet again in TGS.

Source

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Kiwi Defender

God dammit, Nomura! At least Hashimoto implied that there'll be info next year...

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    God dammit, Nomura! At least Hashimoto implied that there'll be info next year...
    At least somebody is shaking their angry fist in the right direction. I'll be more pissed if TGS announces Nomura working on another new game, especially if it's for a handheld or iOS/Android. But knowing how loose the leash on Nomura is - I wouldn't be shocked if he did take on another damn project.

At this point Nomura needs to devote 20-30 (and that's being lenient, it should be double that at this point) hours of his work schedule to Versus and Versus alone from here on out - anything else is just too much work, that he's proven he can't handle multiple projects.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

anyone happen to know that opera sing playing thru the trailer?
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Nomura: Info ban on Final Fantasy Versus XIII to lift soon - Gematsu
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura was a special guest on the latest broadcast of Square Enix Radio, where he was questioned about updates regarding the highly anticipated title.ー When will new information regarding Final Fantasy Versus XIII be announced?
    Nomura: “Even within the company it’s a very delicate problem. The date when we can concretely lift the ban has been decided and we are preparing for that moment. Maybe the details as to why information couldn’t be released might be touched upon at the next information announcement. I’m sorry it’s already overdue, but please wait just a little more.”
    Does that mean we will definitely see the long awaited title appear in Square Enix’s E3 2013 lineup? Only time will tell, as we’ve heard numerous teasers before.

I get it, more of the same. Please wait a little bit more. But this expands on it a bit. Apparently they were disallowed to tell us more informaiton about Versus..This better not be a sick joke, and we better get a full reveal soon because we have been putting up with this for 6 years.

At this point it better be going Next-gen too.

Kiwi Defender

Wait, you're alive and you actually updated this thread? Oh boy, the world is coming to an end !

Anyway, I'm a patient man. They could release it in 4 years for all that I care, and unlike the rest of the world, I won't bitch, whine and be a moron because of it (unless, of course, it turns out to be a pile of crap, which is doubtful).

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PS420

Wait, you're alive and you actually updated this thread? Oh boy, the world is coming to an end !

Anyway, I'm a patient man. They could release it in 4 years for all that I care, and unlike the rest of the world, I won't bitch, whine and be a moron because of it (unless, of course, it turns out to be a pile of crap, which is doubtful).
    Lol. Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Welcome back from the dead

|
    |by Smashguy |

Lvl 8 - Gold

Wow, some actual real new info. Sort of... Still looking forward to this game. It's pretty much the only hope of saving the FF franchise in my eyes. I know plenty of people were happy with the various Lightning games, but I just want Versus. Really, really hope they stick to this and we get an actual reveal this year, either at E3 or TGS.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

lol guys I wasn't dead, just hmm "away" I suppose. Really there hasn't been any games lately I felt the desire to play or anything, well, other than Bioshock Infinite which other than Tales of Graces F is the first game I've purchased in a long time (and was well worth it..great game.)

As far as Versus 13, I mean i see where you're coming from, I don't mind developers who take their time to release a quality product. I'm all for that. I guess its that I'm not getting any younger, and you know that transition into adulthood that leaves people with less time for gaming. I used to have endless time for rpgs, and now i've barely made any progress on Tales of Graces even. I think part of that too is that I know that with rpgs they're long games, and I don't even want to invest too much for a fear that I won't be able to ever finish it.

I think my and a lot of other people's main issue with Square Enix was their premature announcement of a game they planned to spend so many years on. I mean, 2006 I believe was when this game was first shown or talked about. We're now in 2013. Gotta admit, save Duke Nukem, no one ever has to wait this long..That said, another fear is with Square Enix's track record this generation. I can't speak for others but I know I'm worried that this game will not/can't live up to expectations after this massive wait. I'm not of those people who jump on hype trains only to get disappointed later, but this is a valid case for worry.

All we can do now is wait for this full information reveal..despite my skepticism I do have faith in Nomura and this project.

Kiwi Defender

I'd hardly blame Square for the delayed release. I'd blame Nomura, since it's his project and he's the one in charge of it's direction, production, development and release, not Square as an entity. If anything, Square has had the decency of letting him do as he pleases when it comes to the game's develpoment without interfering, because if they had, we'd most likely have a lot of information already and maybe even a release date or the game itself.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Normally I'd agree with you, and while he is definitely still at fault to some extent, from what I understand he and his team was disallowed from releasing information. I'm guessing until they were further along with the project? I don't know really know but you could definitely be right as well. Everything should be getting revealed this year..if all goes well, so we'll find out soon enough.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It took years..but WE FINALLY GOT A REAL UPDATE WITH E3 2013! I'll be updating with all the new stuff when I get the chance.

PS420

It took years..but WE FINALLY GOT A REAL UPDATE WITH E3 2013! I'll be updating with all the new stuff when I get the chance.
    Fuck yissssss! PLUS! Kingdom Hearts 3!

|
    |by Smashguy |

Banned

XV....

Just.... Damn....

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Fuck yissssss! PLUS! Kingdom Hearts 3!
    That too!

My hype level exploded..god damn Square and their ability to keep me hooked

edit: actually, this section will have to be removed and threads moved to a XV section since the name was changed

Lvl 6 - Silver

That too!

My hype level exploded..god damn Square and their ability to keep me hooked

edit: actually, this section will have to be removed and threads moved to a XV section since the name was changed
    so this game IS actually coming out? and they changed the name?

Kiwi Defender

You're too short-sighted, Lil! They can just change the sub-forum's name, and you can change the thread's name as well. Problem fixed.Either way, here it is for guys like you who were fed up and thought the project had ended: suck it !

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseclown View Post
    so this game IS actually coming out? and they changed the name?
    That is correct.

You're too short-sighted, Lil! They can just change the sub-forum's name, and you can change the thread's name as well. Problem fixed.Either way, here it is for guys like you who were fed up and thought the project had ended: suck it !
    Forgive me I'm unfamiliar with the way things work forum-wise, but that makes sense they could just do that Haha yeah, I never thought it ended but I knew there were some people who did think that. That aside, today in general is a great day for Sony/Playstation gamers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast