Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster, not Remake

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy X HD Remaster, not Remake within the Final Fantasy X HD forum, part of the F; Just a short post really, I know there's been some speculation as to whether or not the game will be ...

Nope, nothing

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster, not Remake

Just a short post really, I know there's been some speculation as to whether or not the game will be a simple remaster, or a full blown remake.

Well;
    Recently at the Tapai Game Show, Shinji Hashimoto of Square Enix confirmed that the game would an HD remaster saying that, "the visuals will look much better compared to the original."
    Oh and there still is no release date

Kiwi Defender

No surprise to be honest. Can't see Square spending money remaking the game if they won't do it for their Cash Cow FFVII.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    No surprise to be honest. Can't see Square spending money remaking the game if they won't do it for their Cash Cow FFVII.
    Yeah that's what I thought, if any it would be 7.

Ah well, I, and I'm sure everyone else, will still be getting this

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Yeah that's what I thought, if any it would be 7.

Ah well, I, and I'm sure everyone else, will still be getting this
    Yeah, can't really think of someone not buying it anymore due to it being a remaster.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Tell the twat we want Screenshots! LOL

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Yeah, can't really think of someone not buying it anymore due to it being a remaster.
    It's the internet, people will say they won't buy anything.

No big surprise, nice for a confirmation by somebody with their actual hands on the project that it is just an HD remaster after all. Thanks for the news Chamber.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

not surprising. if it was a remake we'd have to wait at least 5 years judging by how long it takes square to release games

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

The Deathly Rhythm

I'm not getting it, not because its not a remake, because Final Fantasy 10 gameplay pissed me off back in the day, don't want to repeat that again lol
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Now If they did 12 next I'd be happy, never got a chance to finish that game cause my PS2 broke, still got that Collector's Editon..
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 6 - Silver

There's no sound financial reason for Square to re-make/re-master FF7 this generation -- you can already play FF7 on the current generation of consoles, whether by having the old PS1 disc or through buying the game from PSN. On the other hand, you can't play FF10 on the PS3 unless you have one of the early console units that was backwards compatible.

Snazzier graphics won't go as far as the FF7 fanboys think it would insofar as generating sales. There are so many other platforms out there where there would be equal/superior graphics competition, from movies to newer games to all sorts of other media in-between. As far as gameplay goes, FF7 came out fifteen years ago and is more than a little dated in that respect.

Nostalgia might move some units, but probably not enough to justify such a huge expense for Square. People who are buying the game for the sake of the game will pick a lower price-point (PSN). People who want snazzier graphics will probably spend their money somewhere else.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It Would be nice if they included a remastered X-2 with it or at least a direct port. That would make it even more worth it i think, sort of like a Final Fantasy X Collection.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    There's no sound financial reason for Square to re-make/re-master FF7 this generation -- you can already play FF7 on the current generation of consoles, whether by having the old PS1 disc or through buying the game from PSN. On the other hand, you can't play FF10 on the PS3 unless you have one of the early console units that was backwards compatible.

Snazzier graphics won't go as far as the FF7 fanboys think it would insofar as generating sales. There are so many other platforms out there where there would be equal/superior graphics competition, from movies to newer games to all sorts of other media in-between. As far as gameplay goes, FF7 came out fifteen years ago and is more than a little dated in that respect.

Nostalgia might move some units, but probably not enough to justify such a huge expense for Square. People who are buying the game for the sake of the game will pick a lower price-point (PSN). People who want snazzier graphics will probably spend their money somewhere else.
    I have no idea how much it would cost to remake FFVII since: a) I don't work in the industry and b) I don't know how much creating the game from scratch would cost, but one thing is for sure: there are much more FFVII fans willing to buy a remake than there are people who have bought FFXIII-2, so either way, there's a potential profit on such remake, regardless of whether it is huge or not.

Either way, them being able to get a big ass profit wasn't the point of my post, but rather how improbable it would be that Square would remake FFX and not VII.

Toggle Spoiler

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I have no idea how much it would cost to remake FFVII since: a) I don't work in the industry and b) I don't know how much creating the game from scratch would cost, but one thing is for sure: there are much more FFVII fans willing to buy a remake than there are people who have bought FFXIII-2, so either way, there's a potential profit on such remake, regardless of whether it is huge or not.

Either way, them being able to get a big ass profit wasn't the point of my post, but rather how improbable it would be that Square would remake FFX and not VII.
    The thing with Final Fantasy XIII-2 is that it was made with a pre-existing engine with a lot of the existing character models already existing. so I really doubt it took too much effort to make the title.

I really think the sales of Final Fantasy X's HD remake will tell Square how much nostalgia and the consumer's desire for touch-ups to full remakes will reflect in terms of sales and profit margins for Square Soft. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually we do see a remake of older titles, but I think it's a lot more likely that if this title does well, that the next easiest follow-ups to produce would be Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy XII would seem the more probable projects to get the HD treatment in the future, just by the fact that the projects themselves could easily be outsourced if need be.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

INTJ

because square enix knows there's no longer any money left in FF anymore. why put work into it?

you know what saved square's ass last year? Deus Ex Human revolution and other games they didn't even make (eidos eidos eidos).

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    The thing with Final Fantasy XIII-2 is that it was made with a pre-existing engine with a lot of the existing character models already existing. so I really doubt it took too much effort to make the title.

I really think the sales of Final Fantasy X's HD remake will tell Square how much nostalgia and the consumer's desire for touch-ups to full remakes will reflect in terms of sales and profit margins for Square Soft. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually we do see a remake of older titles, but I think it's a lot more likely that if this title does well, that the next easiest follow-ups to produce would be Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy XII would seem the more probable projects to get the HD treatment in the future, just by the fact that the projects themselves could easily be outsourced if need be.
    Naturally, but I'm not talking about cost developments but about it's sale numbers .

Indeed, this is Square's experiment on whether remastering (or remaking, in the case of most of) their older titles is a good way of making money.

Either way, I just hope they remaster FFXII, and your statements are the same reasons for which I think they will.

Toggle Spoiler

Platinum Procrastinator

This was going to be a day one purchase for me regardless of it being a remake or remaster. Anyways, at least now we know and can just wait for Versus.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I was just hoping for the game being released in hd and thats it,so this is great.All we need now is screen shots and potential dates

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Quartercircle Forward.

Some say it's one of the best in the series, so I will surely be getting it

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 6 - Silver

one thing is for sure: there are much more FFVII fans willing to buy a remake than there are people who have bought FFXIII-2, so either way, there's a potential profit on such remake, regardless of whether it is huge or not.

I think you're vastly overstating the potential customer base for a FF7 remake. You're talking about a game that's fifteen years (and two console generations) old. You're talking about a game that has already been accessible to pretty much anyone who wanted to play it during that time -- not just in the length of time it has been out, but the number of different platforms you could play it on (PS1, PSN, PC, et cetera). You're talking about a game that is already available on the current generation of consoles. You're talking about a game that they've done a gazillion spin-offs for.

A re-make of FF7 isn't going to have innovative gameplay to sell itself on. It isn't going to have a fabulous new story and experience. Even with a fresh coat of paint, it isn't going to have superior graphics and special effects to today's movies or other new games.

So what is there that is going to drive sales, beyond a cadre of fanboys who would drop another $40 or so on a game they've probably already bought a few times? A quality re-make would take Square too much money to justify making it for such a small group of consumers. They're in business to make a profit, and they aren't liable to approve a project that doesn't have the potential for a profit.

In short, I don't see this vast audience you (and others) continually claim would be out there to spend money on this game. If someone already has the game, why are they going to spend a retail pricepoint on another copy? If they simply want to enjoy the game, why would they pay retail for a re-make when they can buy a copy through PSN for a fraction of the cost? If someone is simply looking for a new title to play, what will push a FF7 re-make to the top of their list above any number of other new releases that will also have modern graphics and mass marketing campaigns behind them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    because square enix knows there's no longer any money left in FF anymore. why put work into it?

you know what saved square's ass last year? Deus Ex Human revolution and other games they didn't even make (eidos eidos eidos).
    You don't give a rat's ass about Square or the games they make. You're trolling for the sake of being a troll.

Do you get your jollies by trying to stir shit up? Or are you simply trying to get your merit badge in that area?
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Click-Click-Kaboom

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    because square enix knows there's no longer any money left in FF anymore. why put work into it
    Are you serious? Put it like this, long as they make FF games I will be buying them cause im a fan. Plus im sure im not the only one out there that feel this way. Plus I like FFXIII-2 and don't see any issue with it. The real serious question is........... why you hate and troll so much.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast