Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD within the Final Fantasy X HD forum, part of the F; Awesome news! Can't wait to kick Penance's ass again...

Beast Incarnate

Awesome news! Can't wait to kick Penance's ass again

PRO Member

Hopefully this is why the collection has been taking such a long time to come

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 4 - Silver

Great news that it's the international versions. I've always wanted to play the farplane cup from X-2 and the extra missions.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Awesome news! Cant wait to play X again and now ill get to play X-2 (even though ive heard a lot of people hated it)

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Kiwi Defender

I might ignore X-2's existance entirely (but I doubt it'll come to it), but I'll go bananas playing X. It being the International version just means the plat might be a royal pain, though . Time to have fun, I guess.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I might ignore X-2's existance entirely (but I doubt it'll come to it), but I'll go bananas playing X. It being the International version just means the plat might be a royal pain, though . Time to have fun, I guess.
    Its not necessarily difficult, it just takes a long time maxing the sphere grid. Once your characters are maxed the Dark Aeon's are pretty simple. Penance can still pose problems though

PRO Member

I don't care if it's a really long or difficult plat. It's not like I'm going to win any plat races anyway, might as well play something fun.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Actually glad some more news has been released on this if I'm honest. I haven't seen anything about release dates so if anyone could inform me that would be awesome!

It's been so long since I've actually played a good RPG, Blitzball will be ace once again!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ReachTheBeach View Post
    Actually glad some more news has been released on this if I'm honest. I haven't seen anything about release dates so if anyone could inform me that would be awesome!

It's been so long since I've actually played a good RPG, Blitzball will be ace once again!
    If you want a good RPG in the mean time I recommend Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Its not necessarily difficult, it just takes a long time maxing the sphere grid. Once your characters are maxed the Dark Aeon's are pretty simple. Penance can still pose problems though
    Yeah, it's just a lot of grinding, but my main concern is Penance, like you yourself just mentioned.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Eh, I never cared very much for FFX-2. That title struck me as a "teenage girls' slumber party" with a ton of mini-games spliced in. If it were its' own release, I wouldn't buy it.... but I'll accept it to get my hands on FFX.

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    When will they ever bring out the correct FF HD remakes..... 7, 8 & 9 Oh yeah when they make a new FF that outsells 7, which will never happen!
    Those three are already available for the PS3 by way of the PSN Store. Why should Square put a lot of time and money into a product you can already get at a pretty cheap price point? The return on such an investment is marginal at best.

You're going to be waiting for the PS4 before this becomes a possibility, and maybe longer than that.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    Those three are already available for the PS3 by way of the PSN Store. Why should Square put a lot of time and money into a product you can already get at a pretty cheap price point? The return on such an investment is marginal at best.

You're going to be waiting for the PS4 before this becomes a possibility, and maybe longer than that.
    That's a hard thing to beat into people, sadly. Even if you could show them actual numbers to prove how much of a risky play it is, they'd still call bullshit.

Also, you forgot to mention something in your reply to make it even better: FFXI has earned Square much more money than FFVII, meaning they made a FF that outsold FFVII almost a decade ago.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomOctet View Post
    If you want a good RPG in the mean time I recommend Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    Heard some really good stuff about that actually! might have to give it a whirl. Thanks for the suggestion.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

To do both games at the same time just makes sense, a direct sequel on the same engine should take the minimalist amount of work to convert once they have everything ironed out with the original.

The International version of Final Fantasy X-2 is a game I've wanted to play for a long time, and was fairly difficult to find cheaply when it was released. I remember eyeing the limited edition (with the Yuna gun controller), but the price tag was always between $200-400 everywhere I looked. It'll be fun to finally play as the "Festival-Goer" and "Psychic" dresspheres after all these years.

Good news, but probably means even longer delays. I personally don't mind - but the masses have been known for their inability to contain their restlessness.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

all i need is a damn release date

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Yuna & company r back can't wait

Lvl 7 - Gold

Please refer you to the official Sticky? http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/fi...on-thread.html

PRO Member

> Restart Button <

Best news.... ever.... so excited!!!

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    To do both games at the same time just makes sense, a direct sequel on the same engine should take the minimalist amount of work to convert once they have everything ironed out with the original.

The International version of Final Fantasy X-2 is a game I've wanted to play for a long time, and was fairly difficult to find cheaply when it was released. I remember eyeing the limited edition (with the Yuna gun controller), but the price tag was always between $200-400 everywhere I looked. It'll be fun to finally play as the "Festival-Goer" and "Psychic" dresspheres after all these years.

Good news, but probably means even longer delays. I personally don't mind - but the masses have been known for their inability to contain their restlessness.
    Thank you. You might be the only other person that enjoyed X-2 like me. Sure, it seemed girly, but whatever. The costume system was basically the same as choosing different classes, bringing back some nostalgia. As well as the fast paced active turn based battle system. I had a lot of fun with the game, minus HOW you had to do certain things absolutely to a strategy guide in order to 100% the damn thing. That was my only gripe, but I still have the text guide for that game

I'm ecstatic by the announcement of the combination and cannot wait for it to be released

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast