Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Official Final Fantasy X HD Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Final Fantasy X HD Discussion Thread within the Final Fantasy X HD forum, part of the F; Originally Posted by Silent Assassin Pre-ordering this ASAP. X was the last good FF in my opinion. Even X-2 was ...

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Pre-ordering this ASAP. X was the last good FF in my opinion. Even X-2 was good compared to later games.
    I respectfully disagree. FFXIII was a good game and FFX-2 was terrible. (IMO)

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

> Restart Button <

I really can't believe almost nobody liked FF XII.... that makes me sad....

hope for that to be redone too one day.

but now I just can't stop thinking about FF X..... it's driving me crazy. Once I get a release date it will be the only game I'm really going to be counting down for.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    I really can't believe almost nobody liked FF XII.... that makes me sad....

hope for that to be redone too one day.
    Let them hate all they want XII, they're just butthurt it has no love sub-plot and you don't play as the protagonist.

Right now, it has better possibilities of getting re-released than any other FF. Even more if X/X-2 is a successful re-release.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Let them hate all they want XII, they're just butthurt it has no love sub-plot and you don't play as the protagonist.

Right now, it has better possibilities of getting re-released than any other FF. Even more if X/X-2 is a successful re-release.
    That's a good point. Hopefully the FF X/X-2 sales encourage Square Enix to remake that one too. It was a really beautiful game on the PS2 and the HD update would be great. Plus I never beat the game playing with the Enforced Class System and I really don't want to grab a dusty old PS2 just to play it again.

I cringe even thinking of hearing a PS2 boot up. UGH

Lvl 7 - Gold

Found a few more comparisons!

HD

PS2

HD

PS2

Kiwi Defender

Tidus's skin isn't as tanned anymore . But hey, this actually goes on to prove they're actually putting some real work into this. Tidus looks great.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

> Restart Button <

Yeah, every HD picture I've seen is promising a wonderful experience all over again... just way prettier!!!

PRO Member

Everytime I see a screenshot from a PS2 game I think "did it really look like that?"

Regardless, it does look like they've put a lot of effort into it, I'm very glad about that

Lvl 7 - Gold

I feel the same as you! The gamr outshone graphically anything on the PS2, especially the cutscenes

But now times moved on, still brilliant!

no news since two weeks ago, gotta stop googling everyday, pray to God June release date, find a job and look forward to coming home and playing this beauty

Lvl 9 - Gold

Those screenshots are impeccable. I can't wait for this to be released. I want to play X on my Ps2 but I need to wait for this HD version.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Cipher sent us to hell

Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    That's a good point. Hopefully the FF X/X-2 sales encourage Square Enix to remake that one too. It was a really beautiful game on the PS2 and the HD update would be great. Plus I never beat the game playing with the Enforced Class System and I really don't want to grab a dusty old PS2 just to play it again.

I cringe even thinking of hearing a PS2 boot up. UGH
    I'd love to see a remake of XII. It's important we support this HD remaster of X (which is also a great game) so we can show them this is a profitable business option for them.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by x13ucketHeaDx View Post
    I'd love to see a remake of XII. It's important we support this HD remaster of X (which is also a great game) so we can show them this is a profitable business option for them.
    I think that's what Squeenix's hoping for, so they can feel confident enough to milk remaster XII or perhaps even VII.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I think that's what Squeenix's hoping for, so they can feel confident enough to milk remaster XII or perhaps even VII.
    VII is something entirely different, though. We're talking about completely remaking the game, not simply polishing it up a little. And let's get real: any actualy remake of FFI-IX would most likely take away some of the games' charm and characteristics.

Toggle Spoiler

Negator

VII is something entirely different, though. We're talking about completely remaking the game, not simply polishing it up a little. And let's get real: any actualy remake of FFI-IX would most likely take away some of the games' charm and characteristics.
    Let's be honest, if they think it'll be profitable, they'll do it. Regardless of whether it ruins the nostalgia of the shit graphics...but, we'll have to see if they can dig themselves out of this financial hole they've made with their recent installments to the franchise.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Let's be honest, if they think it'll be profitable, they'll do it. Regardless of whether it ruins the nostalgia of the shit graphics...but, we'll have to see if they can dig themselves out of this financial hole they've made with their recent installments to the franchise.
    True enough, but they can make it happen thanks to the money they've been making as publishers. Remember they've published big hits like Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Sleeping Dogs. If they keep that up, they'll most likely be able to finance a remake.

Toggle Spoiler

Notorious K.I.D.

True enough, but they can make it happen thanks to the money they've been making as publishers. Remember they've published big hits like Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Sleeping Dogs. If they keep that up, they'll most likely be able to finance a remake.
    And I truly believe everyone would buy it. From the people who have played it to the people who may have only heard the hype. There's no reason to think it wouldn't break records, and if we're thinking it (it can't be just me) then it surely has crossed their minds. They could release it for 20-30 bucks and make millions. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that people would pay 5 bucks for a trophy patch for it. (I'm not exactly pc savvy so i don't know if it's possible) They'd make millions off that alone.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    And I truly believe everyone would buy it. From the people who have played it to the people who may have only heard the hype. There's no reason to think it wouldn't break records, and if we're thinking it (it can't be just me) then it surely has crossed their minds. They could release it for 20-30 bucks and make millions. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that people would pay 5 bucks for a trophy patch for it. (I'm not exactly pc savvy so i don't know if it's possible) They'd make millions off that alone.
    Yeah, no. They'd surely turn a profit (most likely in the millions, too), but it'd hardly be the huge financial success everyone claims. People like you (for example) who say so seem to forget just how much it costs to develop a game nowadays (and that's excluding advertisements, publishing costs and what-not), and a game like that one would surely cost even more than the average. The amount of profit they'd gain would be far from reaching expectations thanks to that, even if it turns out to be millions of dollars. Not to mention they'd never sell it for $30, let alone $20. Remember that every company tries to maximize their utility, and one of the best ways to do is is by selling their products at a higher price or at an average price, which happens to be $50-$60 (for PS3 games) nowadays.

Let's also not forget how many people buy used games or rent them nowadays, so the amount of people that'd actually pay for their copy is even smaller.

Toggle Spoiler

Lord of all Goat-Men

A FFVII remake would move millions of units in the first month, and it'd be insane not to consider it.

As excited as I am for FFX HD, what I really want is FFXII - that game was one of the best FFs for me.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I'd rather have a Final Fantasy VI remake instead of Final Fantasy VII... Final Fantasy IX-2 would be cool too.
    I would like to see Final Fantasy 1-6 HD Collection on two separate and Final Fantasy 7-9 in another HD Remake Collection on two

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hmm, unsure a HD upgrade of them games all fit!

Interesting thoughts, the music soundtrack on 7 was top too,

Cant wait to hear intro/hymn of the faith for the first time

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast