Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Official Final Fantasy X HD Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Final Fantasy X HD Discussion Thread within the Final Fantasy X HD forum, part of the F; A great game that needs very little adjustments. I too played the heck out of it (went as far as ...

Korean Girl Group Groupie

A great game that needs very little adjustments. I too played the heck out of it (went as far as to erase the sphere grid's 1, 2, and 3's, and replace them all with 4's). It was a nice mix of challenge and limiting (for a short time) on your ability to grind to a certain degree.

I hope they don't add online components because Square's history with online servers, and their security, aren't exactly stellar. An option for Japanese or English voice-over would be nice, although I don't have the problem with the English voice-over that everybody else does. It would be nice also if reaching certain goals in the game, unlocked art galleries, and special features. Other than that - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

On the remake/remaster side of things:

PlayStation News: Final Fantasy X HD announced for Vita, PS3 - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

States its a remaster but we'll only find out for sure once the time comes

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    A great game that needs very little adjustments. I too played the heck out of it (went as far as to erase the sphere grid's 1, 2, and 3's, and replace them all with 4's). It was a nice mix of challenge and limiting (for a short time) on your ability to grind to a certain degree.

I hope they don't add online components because Square's history with online servers, and their security, aren't exactly stellar. An option for Japanese or English voice-over would be nice, although I don't have the problem with the English voice-over that everybody else does. It would be nice also if reaching certain goals in the game, unlocked art galleries, and special features. Other than that - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    That is an awesome thought!

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    Up to now, it's been announced for PS3 and Vita only.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    As of now if PS3 and PSVita only
    Oh~

Cheers for that you two.

I never got a chance to play FFX.. guess that'll change in the future haha.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 7 - Gold

Q: What is the longest you remember sitting there for either Grinding the Sphere Grid or just doing the Story?

PRO Member

Oh Kupo you missed out with this gem, I'm not going to go on like a fanboy an say its the best thing since the wheel cause its not, what it is, is one of the better FFs and the main reason I wanted a PS2

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG] Unholy Eve View Post
    Oh Kupo you missed out with this gem, I'm not going to go on like a fanboy an say its the best thing since the wheel cause its not, what it is, is one of the better FFs and the main reason I wanted a PS2
    Apparently I did! but with all the love going around for it, you didn't really need to, so.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's not a remake, that was just some bullcrap article saying stuff like it's on the FFXIII engine. Every credible source has stated its a remaster, which makes a lot more sense as well seeing as how easy that is to do.

Anyways yeah I'm really excited for this game, and I'm gonna plat it no matter how many hours it takes. I just hope there's no ridiculous 'win 100 blitzball games' trophies, urghhh that would be horrible. Actually just thinking about it, it could be a brutal plat if it includes getting the celestial weapons. Anyone who did the lightning minigame and that damn chocobo race will know what I mean!

And Penance...don't get me started on Penance...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This is good news. FFX was the first game of the franchise I owned and, along with LoZ: Ocarina of Time, was the game to teach me patience while gaming lol. Will be fun to pour hours over that game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalaya
    Anyone who did the lightning minigame and that damn chocobo race will know what I mean!
    OMG! At the time we had the PS2 in my brothers' bedroom and I'd stay up till 2am dodging those bolts with the both of them sleeping in the background. Fun times

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalaya View Post
    Anyways yeah I'm really excited for this game, and I'm gonna plat it no matter how many hours it takes. I just hope there's no ridiculous 'win 100 blitzball games' trophies, urghhh that would be horrible. Actually just thinking about it, it could be a brutal plat if it includes getting the celestial weapons. Anyone who did the lightning minigame and that damn chocobo race will know what I mean!

And Penance...don't get me started on Penance...
    Yes I hope they ignore the above!

There will be some sort of grind, there always is!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue-Eaglet View Post
    This is good news. FFX was the first game of the franchise I owned and, along with LoZ: Ocarina of Time, was the game to teach me patience while gaming lol. Will be fun to pour hours over that game again.

OMG! At the time we had the PS2 in my brothers' bedroom and I'd stay up till 2am dodging those bolts with the both of them sleeping in the background. Fun times
    Haha fun times indeed! Dodging 200 bolts was a ridiculous target, took me hours! And then there was that horrible butterfly catching minigame. Man the more I think about it, this game was punishing...

PRO Member

It might have been a punishing game but we enjoyed the hell out of it and put ourselves thorugh all this for the sheer fun of it.

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    Remake, Remaster.....its going to be amazing
    Yep...i just hope they arent bastards on the trophy set like capcom was with the RE4 so called "HD" release
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

i cant call anything until i see some footage of this remastered game
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Black Queen Style

I'm just glad they're attempting FFX first. I have high hopes for VII.

That said, I can't wait.

Lvl 6 - Silver

To everyone begging for an HD remake/remaster of FF7 on the PS3: Why would Square Enix waste the time and resources? You already have multiple avenues to playing the game on the PS3, whether by downloading from PSN or popping in the old PS1 disk (which runs just fine on the PS3, thank you very much). There isn't much business logic into putting a fresh coat of paint on the product and setting your "normal" retail pricepoint (somewhere between $40-60) when people who want to play the game can simply pay PSN a pittance and get it that way.

And if you're going to argue that HD graphics will draw in new fans.... really? Why should someone pay for FF7 when they could get an entirely new game with similar graphics and special effects instead of something that came out fifteen years ago? At that point, your competition is so vast (every other RPG or quasi-RPG coming out for a current generation system) that Final Fantasy VII would get lost in the marketplace.

Wait for the next generation of consoles, especially if there isn't much in the way of backwards compatibility to play games from the previous systems or through some version of PSN.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Black Queen Style

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    To everyone begging for an HD remake/remaster of FF7 on the PS3: Why would Square Enix waste the time and resources? You already have multiple avenues to playing the game on the PS3, whether by downloading from PSN or popping in the old PS1 disk (which runs just fine on the PS3, thank you very much). There isn't much business logic into putting a fresh coat of paint on the product and setting your "normal" retail pricepoint (somewhere between $40-60) when people who want to play the game can simply pay PSN a pittance and get it that way.

And if you're going to argue that HD graphics will draw in new fans.... really? Why should someone pay for FF7 when they could get an entirely new game with similar graphics and special effects instead of something that came out fifteen years ago? At that point, your competition is so vast (every other RPG or quasi-RPG coming out for a current generation system) that Final Fantasy VII would get lost in the marketplace.

Wait for the next generation of consoles, especially if there isn't much in the way of backwards compatibility to play games from the previous systems or through some version of PSN.
    I understand your argument but I think you're underestimating the draw a modernized VII would bring. It's a cult phenomena and something fans have been dying for since Advent Children.

The Grand Ray Legend

Funny that Square Enix is talking about the HD version of 10, but not FF7 remake and Versus 13 lol
    Sig made by Beam / Avy made by DaRe_xLw

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by ShindaUsagi View Post
    I understand your argument but I think you're underestimating the draw a modernized VII would bring. It's a cult phenomena and something fans have been dying for since Advent Children.
    I think it's also fair to argue that you're also overestimating the draw of Final Fantasy VII remake would do. The originally sold close to 8 million copies between it's original run and it's digital download. That doesn't mean it's going to go and sell 8 million units again and instantly double sales.

The first two God of War games sold 7 million units on their original run, and sold about 2.3 million with the collection, and was a hit, but also was to prepare itself for the upcoming third numerical entry in the series.
    The Sly games sold about 1.5 million units on their PS2 run, and The Sly Collection/Trilogy has only sold 300,000 units with a sequel set out next year. Tomb Raider Trilogy at 192,000 units of sales, for a new reboot next year. The Icon and Shadow of the Colossus Collection has about 300,000 in sales in it's first two weeks, but again is in anticipation for Last Guardian somewhere down the road. And that being said, these are 2-3 game collections, not a single title that is over 15 years old.

What I am getting at, is the HD treatment doesn't equal sales, especially if you had to totally rebuild a game from scratch like Final Fantasy VII would require. I just don't know if Square Enix is willing to take the chance on it being worth it, with nothing to capitalize off of to follow it up with. I know there's going to be a dozen posts trying to tell me other wise, but I don't see Final Fantasy VII being released, at a lower cost, by itself, HD or not, being something that is going to bring in enough new fans, or revenue to make it worth the effort.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    Funny that Square Enix is talking about the HD version of 10, but not FF7 remake and Versus 13 lol
    Did you not read what I posted?

FFXHD is making money that they will use for FF7 re-make?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast