Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Official Final Fantasy X HD Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Final Fantasy X HD Discussion Thread within the Final Fantasy X HD forum, part of the F; I'm a little surprised at the lack of activity on this thread since the game was released. I thought buisness ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I'm a little surprised at the lack of activity on this thread since the game was released. I thought buisness would be booming.

What can I say about it so far, visually, it's amazing. Everything I've done so far I pretty much remember like it was yesterday, except it wasn't, it was over a decade ago . I don't know about anyone else but I could see this game taking a bloody long time to plat, and I for one will do it. Whats does everybody else think?

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    I'm a little surprised at the lack of activity on this thread since the game was released. I thought buisness would be booming.

What can I say about it so far, visually, it's amazing. Everything I've done so far I pretty much remember like it was yesterday, except it wasn't, it was over a decade ago . I don't know about anyone else but I could see this game taking a bloody long time to plat, and I for one will do it. Whats does everybody else think?
    I think I'm going through the game too fast. At 45 hours I am already at the end game and already have all Celestial Weapons and fully upgraded except for Lulu and Wakka.. Currently Working on Auroch Reels then after that should be the Jupiter Sigil to fully upgrade the World Champion. Then update the trophy guide with all the locations for collectibles and such

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

PRO Member

I have a question, are there are missable things besides some of the Albhed letters and the secret thingy in the Trials for Anima?

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    I think I'm going through the game too fast. At 45 hours I am already at the end game and already have all Celestial Weapons and fully upgraded except for Lulu and Wakka.. Currently Working on Auroch Reels then after that should be the Jupiter Sigil to fully upgrade the World Champion. Then update the trophy guide with all the locations for collectibles and such
    Holy hell man, 45 hours already !? You will be done in no time lol. On the collectables note, I have the official guide here and I used to have the original guide. Anyways, if there is something I can help you with and I'm sure you won't need it, please mate, just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I have a question, are there are missable things besides some of the Albhed letters and the secret thingy in the Trials for Anima?
    And with regards to if anythings missable, the guide is very vague in that department so not so sure. I prefer the original guide to the new one, it was way more descriptive.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Notorious K.I.D.

I'm about 14 hours in and am just leaving Mi'Ihen Highroad, just trying to relive all of the glory. Only being able to play on a regular tv, I don't get to see it in it's full glory. Not that it matters, I get to play a classic game from days past and get trophies at the same time. I even won my first Blitzball match last night, something I was never able to do before. All in all, this has all my time until I plat it.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Banned

Very hard game and hope to see boss guide made on this site for both games.I did beat both games on the PS2.

PRO Member

Loving the nostalgic feel, but was a bit disappointed in the remastered soundtrack. If you're hoping it's the same, you are SoL. About 10 hours in and enjoying it for the most part. @RaveN, your loss man. That is very fast and I personally feel that as extremely way to fast for this game. But to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    I'm about 14 hours in and am just leaving Mi'Ihen Highroad, just trying to relive all of the glory. Only being able to play on a regular tv, I don't get to see it in it's full glory. Not that it matters, I get to play a classic game from days past and get trophies at the same time. I even won my first Blitzball match last night, something I was never able to do before. All in all, this has all my time until I plat it.
    I never beat the first one either until now. Was actually suprized since I didn't even think it was possible. Was super cool to do so though. Guess all my Blitzball skills came back with a vengeance.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 6 - Silver

I got my limited edition on Friday. I'm only a few hours in with currently only one trophy. This is my first time playing it so I hope I enjoy it. I started to play the PS2 version twice but never got farther than 6 hours in. I didn't like that you can't control the camera angle and you have to take turns fighting. 10 years later, I'm calmer about playing stuff like that. Still annoys me some but I know the story will be worth it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I looked at some videos and the Perseverance trophy is going to take a bit to get. It was showing the guy doing 99,999 dmg every attack and it took him over 40 minutes to beat that extra boss. 12,000,000 HP for the body and 500,000 for each of the arms which will regenerate a few rounds after you destroy them. Perfect Sphere Master will take a while since you have to even fill in the empty spots also. This should be interesting to see how quick it will take the "legit" trophy hunters to get the Plat. Good luck to everyone who is after it.

No Game No Life

Holy hell man, 45 hours already !? You will be done in no time lol. On the collectables note, I have the official guide here and I used to have the original guide. Anyways, if there is something I can help you with and I'm sure you won't need it, please mate, just ask.

And with regards to if anythings missable, the guide is very vague in that department so not so sure. I prefer the original guide to the new one, it was way more descriptive.
    Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Loving the nostalgic feel, but was a bit disappointed in the remastered soundtrack. If you're hoping it's the same, you are SoL. About 10 hours in and enjoying it for the most part. @RaveN, your loss man. That is very fast and I personally feel that as extremely way to fast for this game. But to each their own.

I never beat the first one either until now. Was actually suprized since I didn't even think it was possible. Was super cool to do so though. Guess all my Blitzball skills came back with a vengeance.

But.. but.. I really tried very hard not to go through the game that fast lol and actually I'm already at the end game but I haven't bothered finishing it since I already know the storyline. I'll just do that later on and right now I'm just powering up to prepare for the Dark Aeons, Penance and Nemesis but well for the mean time I wanna blitz
    Last edited by RaveNScythE18; 03-24-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Currently Playing:

But.. but.. I really tried very hard not to go through the game that fast lol and actually I'm already at the end game but I haven't bothered finishing it since I already know the storyline. I'll just do that later on and right now I'm just powering up to prepare for the Dark Aeons, Penance and Nemesis but well for the mean time I wanna blitz
    I wouldn't worry about blasting through to fast mate, I think we both know there is a little more than 45 hours worth of work to do here lol. And I feel you on the Bltzball, can't get enough of it. I have actually been very interested to see an estimated time to plat for this game, what with all the necessary grinding for the Dark Aeons and Penance, celestial weapons, Al Bhed Primers. This could quite easily topple my longest plat which was FF13, which if I remember correct was about 120 hours ish.

PRO Member

I wouldn't worry about blasting through to fast mate, I think we both know there is a little more than 45 hours worth of work to do here lol. And I feel you on the Bltzball, can't get enough of it. I have actually been very interested to see an estimated time to plat for this game, what with all the necessary grinding for the Dark Aeons and Penance, celestial weapons, Al Bhed Primers. This could quite easily topple my longest plat which was FF13, which if I remember correct was about 120 hours ish.
    That's what it should be about. I remember my FFX save being around 130-160 hours with everything done (minus dark aeons and penance)

Raven already has the celestial weapons AND all Al Bhed Primers!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Platinum Dohvakiin

haven't even taken mine out of the plastic yet . Been way too busy with work and all. But I'm off this weekend, so I already know what I will be doing. Can't wait until friday finally gets here. Even if it's going to be my 6th time playing this game. I still own my ps2 and preety much all the games I bought for it including this one. But I can't wait to get to playing this on my ps3.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    I remember beating the first Blitzball Match on the PS2 but it did take me a few playthroughs before I could win it every single time. Though I do wonder if I can still do it. I guess I will have to save before it just incase I am a bit rusty.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

No Game No Life

I think it's safe to say that it will be around 100-200 hours for the plat and this also depends on your Sphere Grid. Judging by the description of Perfect Sphere Master, you will also fill in the empty nodes of the Sphere Grid and good luck to the people who chose Standard because Standard Grid is much larger than Expert Grid. Expert Grid is smaller and I have Tidus, Wakka and Rikku who is nearly complete and have almost roamed around the Grid and the empty nodes are much fewer than the nodes in Standard Grid. I still have a lot of empty nodes though so those three will have to go around the grid for another round

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    That's what it should be about. I remember my FFX save being around 130-160 hours with everything done (minus dark aeons and penance)

Raven already has the celestial weapons AND all Al Bhed Primers!
    Told you I was fast but I guess I need to be and because of that, the collectible list for the guide is complete

Btw I am very disappointed on the following soundtracks:
    • Besaid - dont like it.. and I can't even hear the musical frogs
    • Challenge - the original is far better. The new one lost it's "scary and challenging" message
    • Fight with Seymour - not really disappoionted. I just don't like the opening. can't hear the opera opening that much but the rest is awesome

Awesome tracks
    • Run - this track really gave me the chills
    • Blitz Off - that guitar is much cleaner
    • Pursuit - damn synthesizers
    • Servants of the Mountain - those violins in the middle part I really love this specially during the battle of Kimahri
    • Fleeting Dream - awesome.. enough said.
    • Fight with Seymour - like what I said, the rest is except for the opening

Currently Playing:

Galaxy beauty pirate

I've bought FF 10 HD for my Vita and I'm really enjoying the game so far. I'm really happy that I have the chance to play this game now, because I was only able to play a few minutes of it on the PS2 back then (cutscenes froze each time). It looks like it will take me forever to complete everything. The sphere grid (went with standard), I really like it but my god, it's so huge! I'm enjoying the battle system as well, it's nice that it's so easy to swap party members.
    I'm currently at mushroom road or whatever it's called, so not far into it yet.

I'm really looking forward to Ravenscythe's guide when it's completely finished. I'm glad that there are almost no missable trophies (except for 1) and that everything is doable in 1 playthrough.
    Sig by Ramon

PRO Member

Absolutely loving it, I went with the PS3 version because I found the Limited Edition even though I didn't pre-order and it was a chance I would not have again. I'm very impressed by the graphics, looks beautiful. I remember a lot of things from back when I first played it 10-11 years ago, and this battle system where you can swap party members is my favorite of the series, it feels smooth and just great.Back in the day I was stuck at the end and I couldn't beat Sin, so a friend of mine gave me his memory card and I copied his higher level save. So technically I've beaten the game and I've seen the ending and all but you know... really looking forward to do it myself this time lol.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I've bought FF 10 HD for my Vita and I'm really enjoying the game so far. I'm really happy that I have the chance to play this game now, because I was only able to play a few minutes of it on the PS2 back then (cutscenes froze each time). It looks like it will take me forever to complete everything. The sphere grid (went with standard), I really like it but my god, it's so huge! I'm enjoying the battle system as well, it's nice that it's so easy to swap party members.
    I'm currently at mushroom road or whatever it's called, so not far into it yet.

I'm really looking forward to Ravenscythe's guide when it's completely finished. I'm glad that there are almost no missable trophies (except for 1) and that everything is doable in 1 playthrough.
    I love FFX HD! Everything about the HD version is amazing. To be honest i thought that Square-enix were going to be lazy with these but they have seriously put the effort into making a classic Final Fantasy shine on the Vita and PS3. A few of the remastered tracks aren't as good but the majority of the soundtrack is better than the original.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Same here. 34 hours and im at the airship, have all primers and celestial weapons. all mini games except valley of the cactuars (which im working on now) done. Just need to catch everything then use the king cactuar trick to lvl up and take on the dark aeons ect. I have done it quicker than id like but I think im going to get perfect equipment for all chars.
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Notorious K.I.D.

Looking for some advice here... I just reached the peak of Mt. G and I've only got 2 Jecht spheres so far. If I want to avoid Dark Aeons should I backtrack on foot and collect the rest of the spheres, and I only have Yojimba and all primers but the Omega Ruins one. Should I collect these before I continue and get the airship?
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast