Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Official Final Fantasy X HD Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Final Fantasy X HD Discussion Thread within the Final Fantasy X HD forum, part of the F; Originally Posted by K.I.D. Looking for some advice here... I just reached the peak of Mt. G and I've only ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Looking for some advice here... I just reached the peak of Mt. G and I've only got 2 Jecht spheres so far. If I want to avoid Dark Aeons should I backtrack on foot and collect the rest of the spheres, and I only have Yojimba and all primers but the Omega Ruins one. Should I collect these before I continue and get the airship?
    No need to, really. The Dark Aeon fights aren't forced on you, and you can go fight them afterwards near the end-game (after you've grinded a lot and have [nearly] maxed stats; otherwise, don't bother lol). You also don't really need Auron's all of Overdrives right now. As for the primers, it all depends on the primers you missed, for some can't be obtained later on (like those at Home).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    No need to, really. The Dark Aeon fights aren't forced on you, and you can go fight them afterwards near the end-game (after you've grinded a lot and have [nearly] maxed stats; otherwise, don't bother lol). You also don't really need Auron's all of Overdrives right now. As for the primers, it all depends on the primers you missed, for some can't be obtained later on (like those at Home).
    So they're avoidable to an extent? That would be cool. I got stopped at the Guado Village so I'm just going for the airship. I have Tidus', Auron's and Yuna's base Celestial Weapon, and some crests and sigils. I only need the Omega Ruins primer and Kihmari's last Lancet ability for those trophies.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Kiwi Defender

So they're avoidable to an extent? That would be cool. I got stopped at the Guado Village so I'm just going for the airship. I have Tidus', Auron's and Yuna's base Celestial Weapon, and some crests and sigils. I only need the Omega Ruins primer and Kihmari's last Lancet ability for those trophies.
    They're completely avoidable, for they're optional bosses. The only reason you'd find them is because you actually went after them, and it's not recommended unless you've maxed out your character stats, which is a very big grind.

Then you're on a very good run . Just keep playing the game normally and, when you're near the end-game, try to capture every monster from every area (minus Omega Ruins and maybe Inside Sin) to complete the Arena as much as you can, then you should focus on grinding and maxing out stuff.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Notorious K.I.D.

They're completely avoidable, for they're optional bosses. The only reason you'd find them is because you actually went after them, and it's not recommended unless you've maxed out your character stats, which is a very big grind.

Then you're on a very good run . Just keep playing the game normally and, when you're near the end-game, try to capture every monster from every area (minus Omega Ruins and maybe Inside Sin) to complete the Arena as much as you can, then you should focus on grinding and maxing out stuff.
    So here's my situation...

I'm saved right before I go to Highland to fight Sin. I have all the monsters captured in every area minus Sin and Omega Ruins. I used a no encounter armor to get the last primer, but I still can't fight most of the creatures in Omega Ruins, much less capture them. If I can't beat these creatures do I stand much of a chance against the things inside Sin. And when is the point of no return as I understand there's no new game +. I have all base Celestial weapons except for Wakka's. But the only one's I have fully upgraded are Rikku's and Auron's. I can't for the life of me get the catcher Chocobo at 0.0.0 seconds, so Tidus's weapon is beyond reach for now. I don't use Auron, so should I start to grind characters in the Monster Arena until I fill out the spheres, or can I go a little further into Sin, maybe unlock the videos so I can purchase all of them for the trophy.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Kiwi Defender

I'm saved right before I go to Highland to fight Sin. I have all the monsters captured in every area minus Sin and Omega Ruins. I used a no encounter armor to get the last primer, but I still can't fight most of the creatures in Omega Ruins, much less capture them. If I can't beat these creatures do I stand much of a chance against the things inside Sin. And when is the point of no return as I understand there's no new game +. I have all base Celestial weapons except for Wakka's. But the only one's I have fully upgraded are Rikku's and Auron's. I can't for the life of me get the catcher Chocobo at 0.0.0 seconds, so Tidus's weapon is beyond reach for now. I don't use Auron, so should I start to grind characters in the Monster Arena until I fill out the spheres, or can I go a little further into Sin, maybe unlock the videos so I can purchase all of them for the trophy.
    If you've already managed to capture everything outside of those two areas, I'm surprised you can't actually fight against the monsters inside the Omega Ruins . Those inside Sin's guts aren't as hard for the most part, but I wouldn't suggest going there yet just in case. Right now focus on completely upgrading everyone's Celestial Weapons, or at least those of the characters you play with. I especially suggest Tidus (so yes, go torture yourself with the Chocobo Racer until you get it done; take breaks if necessary), and after that, go to the monster arena and make sure you fill up Tidus's side of the sphere. Afterwards move on to Auron's side, and once you're done with both, go to the Omega Ruins. With Auron's and Tidus's sides of the sphere, Tidus will be more than able to kick ass in there on his own due to his high STR stat, especially with Caladbolg fully upgraded (just in case add an Auto-Haste effect to his armor). Just go in there and use Qick Attack to beat the crap out of everything you find (except the Demon Walls or whatever their name is; make sure you blind them first [and suceed], or prepare your anus). You'll see how you're dealing 10 blows before anyone else in your party that way, making short work of pretty much everything. Once you've done that, keep moving Tidus around the sphere and over-powering him and, when you feel you're ready, go add the ability that allows you to deal over 9,999 damage to his weapon for monster hunting and go capture everything in the Omega Ruins. One good advice is to stay close to the save point, move around there and kill stuff and save, for the Great Malboros are a bunch of assholes that could end your run out of nowhere.

Toggle Spoiler

No Game No Life

Just add First Strike to your capturing weapon so that in case you run into a Great Marlboro inside Omega Ruins, you get the first turn before it then just use Provoke on it and it will not perform that annoying Bad Breath

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 4 - Silver

As nagflar said, tidus is always a wise choice to level for end game. There are one or two monsters in omega that are also inside sin so if your able to survive in one area then you should be ok in the other. I wouldn't tackle the monster arena until tidus at least can hit at 99.999 and wakka has attack reels. Both not absolute necessity but helpful. The final save sphere is inside sin. You will enter an area that looks like an upside down T on the mini map with the sphere at the junction. If you walk past it a mini cut will happen with a big tower falling in front of tidus knocking him to the floor. Thats the point of no return. As for the 0.0.0 time, this is really about luck more than skill. Thing to look for is try not to get ahead of the CPU by moving toward him at the start of the race, instead stay straight even if the balloons are in his race line. You should take him at the first turn and if your lucky the balloons will not be spread out so much moving toward monster arena. Just takes the right load up to make the race very easy as long as you are ok with dodging the birds. I would kill some adamantoise inside sin or omega for empty armour with 4 slots and add Overdrive-XP, double or trip ap and overdrive, then use the don tonberry or king cactuar trick. If you have captured 10 of all monsters in every area you should have the tools to do this for 3 people. I recommend tidus wakka and rikku. Grind up some levels until you feel nice and strong then go from there.
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Notorious K.I.D.

If you've already managed to capture everything outside of those two areas, I'm surprised you can't actually fight against the monsters inside the Omega Ruins . Those inside Sin's guts aren't as hard for the most part, but I wouldn't suggest going there yet just in case. Right now focus on completely upgrading everyone's Celestial Weapons, or at least those of the characters you play with. I especially suggest Tidus (so yes, go torture yourself with the Chocobo Racer until you get it done; take breaks if necessary), and after that, go to the monster arena and make sure you fill up Tidus's side of the sphere. Afterwards move on to Auron's side, and once you're done with both, go to the Omega Ruins. With Auron's and Tidus's sides of the sphere, Tidus will be more than able to kick ass in there on his own due to his high STR stat, especially with Caladbolg fully upgraded (just in case add an Auto-Haste effect to his armor). Just go in there and use Qick Attack to beat the crap out of everything you find (except the Demon Walls or whatever their name is; make sure you blind them first [and suceed], or prepare your anus). You'll see how you're dealing 10 blows before anyone else in your party that way, making short work of pretty much everything. Once you've done that, keep moving Tidus around the sphere and over-powering him and, when you feel you're ready, go add the ability that allows you to deal over 9,999 damage to his weapon for monster hunting and go capture everything in the Omega Ruins. One good advice is to stay close to the save point, move around there and kill stuff and save, for the Great Malboros are a bunch of assholes that could end your run out of nowhere.
    The only thing stopping me from getting Wakka's is my disdain for blitzball but I'm strongly considering just going for it and getting it over with. My current party of Rikku, Yuna, and Auron (all w/ full CW) just isn't cutting it. Torture is an understatement when it comes to that damn chocobo race. I wasted my auto-haste on some armor for Rikku, it's good armor but not great. Now I don't have enough Choco Wings to put it on anything else. Tidus and Wakka are already most of the way through their own sphere and into each other's, Rikku's doing well also. I can withstand most of the attacks coming from creatures in Omega Ruins, but battles take forever mainly because my party's capped at 9999 damage, even with a full CW Rikku can't do shit but go fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    Just add First Strike to your capturing weapon so that in case you run into a Great Marlboro inside Omega Ruins, you get the first turn before it then just use Provoke on it and it will not perform that annoying Bad Breath
    I didn't think of that, I will try that out but I'm still afraid my damage output is horribly low.
    Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    As nagflar said, tidus is always a wise choice to level for end game. There are one or two monsters in omega that are also inside sin so if your able to survive in one area then you should be ok in the other. I wouldn't tackle the monster arena until tidus at least can hit at 99.999 and wakka has attack reels. Both not absolute necessity but helpful. The final save sphere is inside sin. You will enter an area that looks like an upside down T on the mini map with the sphere at the junction. If you walk past it a mini cut will happen with a big tower falling in front of tidus knocking him to the floor. Thats the point of no return. As for the 0.0.0 time, this is really about luck more than skill. Thing to look for is try not to get ahead of the CPU by moving toward him at the start of the race, instead stay straight even if the balloons are in his race line. You should take him at the first turn and if your lucky the balloons will not be spread out so much moving toward monster arena. Just takes the right load up to make the race very easy as long as you are ok with dodging the birds. I would kill some adamantoise inside sin or omega for empty armour with 4 slots and add Overdrive-XP, double or trip ap and overdrive, then use the don tonberry or king cactuar trick. If you have captured 10 of all monsters in every area you should have the tools to do this for 3 people. I recommend tidus wakka and rikku. Grind up some levels until you feel nice and strong then go from there.
    Tidus, Wakka and Rikku were going to be my main party, but I don't have the weapons for them that I need. The 0.0.0 race is gonna piss me off I can already see it. At least I know I can grind blitzball and win, I can't guarantee a win in that damn race. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep pushing it.

Kiwi Defender

I remember my first time through the game I had a few issues with the race as well, but when I played the game about half a year ago I got it on my first couple of tries. It takes patience, practice and skill, but it's doable. Even if it takes you a while to get it done, keep at it and don't desist until you get it done.

Toggle Spoiler

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425