Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

FFXIII-3 a likely possibility?

This is a discussion on FFXIII-3 a likely possibility? within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; Again, Rubicant, you're still missing the point. In any case, we're on the same side here. As gamers, we all ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Again, Rubicant, you're still missing the point.

In any case, we're on the same side here. As gamers, we all want and hope the game will be stellar. There are good and bad reviews out there, and there are good reviews that have been effected negatively and vice versa based on what ever complaints the reviewer had. None of us here can form a true opinion on the game since we have not played it. We can merely discuss what others who have played the game have said and felt about the game. And that's all I intended by this thread, as well as the possibility of another sequel being produced.

Based on what I've read has been improved on the game, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it more than 13, but there's some things I can understand based on others reviews and feel I will probably agree with once I play the game. This is because I know myself, and its not me taking someone's opinion as my own.

PRO Member

As long as FFXIII-3 focus on Vanille

Aes Dana

FFXIII-3 will be certainly welcomed in my opinion. As long as Square-Enix are continuing to work on FFXIII versus at the same time and the production doesn't get slowed down by FFXIII-3. To put it simply, i don't want Final Fantasy games to ever cease being produced. My only gripe with the whole Final Fantasy series are the online Final Fantasy games which i have always avoided. Looking forward to FFXIII-2, FFXIII-3, FFXIII Versus, FFXV.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

FFXIII was amazing, kinda lost during the whole game but was still very enjoyable and challenging. FFXIII-2 helped me understand more of the FFXIII ending. I finished off FFXIII-2 today and the ending was not what I expected in a good way........... The whole "to be continued" got me really excited, nothing better than a good cliffhanger. All in all XIII has been great, I hope for a 3!!
    Epic sig and avy by the one and only Auburn!!
    Sweet platbar by Wadefan1!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hope so. XIII-2's ending wrapped itself up and burst wide open at the same time. I don't have a problem with the DLC idea, from what the little interview at the back of the official guide said the upcoming Lightning DLC seems to cover what Lightning and Caius were doing up until the ending to shed some more light onto what we saw. If XIII-3 doesn't happen I'd at least like a substantial expansion to XIII-2.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

hope there is a sequel. would love to have another Final Fantasy trophy

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    hope there is a sequel. would love to have another Final Fantasy trophy
    Final Fantasy X HD

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisthemp View Post
    Final Fantasy X HD
    the more the merrier

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

I would say with an ending like that then the possibility of a 3rd game is quite high right now.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't know if it was said (cause I didn't bother reading the rest of the posts) but I've heard from a friend that they might just make it into an extra "must get" DLC if you want to know the continuation of it. I don't think there'll be a 3rd game part of the story... I mean, really... they should focus on the big ones (Like remake of FFX and future releases) rather than a continuation of a game that actually required 1 game story...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satiety View Post
    I don't know if it was said (cause I didn't bother reading the rest of the posts) but I've heard from a friend that they might just make it into an extra "must get" DLC if you want to know the continuation of it. I don't think there'll be a 3rd game part of the story... I mean, really... they should focus on the big ones (Like remake of FFX and future releases) rather than a continuation of a game that actually required 1 game story...
    They are going to release a Story about, how

Toggle Spoiler

Ain't it kinda bad to release a Unfinished game?

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

After having platinum'ed Final Fantasy XIII-2 and watching the secret ending, all I have to say is that I was kind of disappointed that Square Enix did not wrap up the FFXIII story with XIII-2, but since XIII-3 is most obviously coming up in the future, I say bring it on! Though, I would have settled for a happy-feel-good ending when I finished XIII-2; it is just in my personality to hate cliff-hangers like that.

Oh well, Caius, I will be seeing you again in the future some time. Kudos! >=)
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well this is the ending that I also got when I finished FFXIII-2. But there are multiple endings so I'm currently working on getting those.

BIG SPOILER ALERT BELOW SO PLEASE DON'T READ UNLESS YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE GAME.

The reason for the ending is because Noel hesitated, so Caius killed himself meaning Noel couldn't receive the power of the Guardians. Which is why Etro died. Because the Guardian inherits the heart of Etro when they defeat the previous Guardian. Several areas of the game test Noel's determination as well as seeing what he intends to do when he faces Caius. So I'm hoping the True Ending will be unlocked when I get all the Artifacts.

honestly, I got this ending by mistake. I thought the interactive cutscene was pressing both buttons to do a dodge or attack so I pressed without reading and hit Mercy first and that's why I got that ending. It's a bit annoying but I'll need all the endings anyways for the platinum, so I've got that 1 out the way.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

When you mean multiple endings, it's called Paradox Endings. The True ending is when you actually finished the storyline with Caius (either choosing Mercy or Kill). It'll give the same ending, lol. The only difference in the True End is when you activate the Paradox Scope and you get an "extra" secret ending after the credits. That's the last ending, lol.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    After having platinum'ed Final Fantasy XIII-2 and watching the secret ending, all I have to say is that I was kind of disappointed that Square Enix did not wrap up the FFXIII story with XIII-2, but since XIII-3 is most obviously coming up in the future, I say bring it on! Though, I would have settled for a happy-feel-good ending when I finished XIII-2; it is just in my personality to hate cliff-hangers like that.

Oh well, Caius, I will be seeing you again in the future some time. Kudos! >=)
    Yeah, I was entirely disappointed as well... It didn't FEEL like an ending at all and it was more like a chapter ending. They should've made Chapter 7 xD

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Just to point out a few things about people bitching about the ending (going to us a spoiler tag for those who haven't played)

Toggle Spoiler

Now will all that being explained, I don't see how the game exactly left on a point that was incomplete. The original journey was "The 6's" attempt to rescue two fulfill their focus as L'cie, and it ended when they supposedly finished. This game, as I outlined above ends at the closure point for the duo's (possible trio, if you count Mog as well) journey ended, but didn't end with the happy ending that people wanted, or the answers that people wanted explained in conclusive detail given to them - but it isn't as if the ending wasn't the closure point of the protagonist's journey and that the game didn't warn you that the ripple effect wouldn't have the possibility of devastating repercussions.

Whether or not the developers decide to extrapolate upon the current scenario with DLC, or with another game - the current players role in the saga has been done and to it's completion with some since of finality to it. Now whether or not the player themselves want to accept that as satisfactory is up to the player, but there are enough clues - particularly given in some of the paradox endings - that give the player some outlook of hope that the situation that was presented isn't as dire as one should expect. How the story continues now is out of our hands at this point, but the arc of Noel and Serah has finished, much like the original "6's" arc ended with the first game. Now it is up for another protagonist to pick up the pieces of where this saga continues.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post

Toggle Spoiler

Oh, you're a life saver Rubicant!
    I really love FF13-2 and really looking forward to the third installment!
    I agree, we start the game off with bunch of questions in our head, how the beautiful ending of the first one could go the other way round!
    But as I played the game, nearing the end, lots of these questions from before are answered, I know where I am going now in the story... So this sudden new event (ending) turning the whole thing upside down again seem to make me redoubt the actions I've done. You know, it's like life, and THAT is mainly the reason why I love FF13, lots of warm messages inside that keeps our troubled (reality) life going with hope. Have to admit that there aren't many games doing that. So anyway, yes, the cliffhanger ending creates new set of questions, old answers redoubt and new questions. To be earnest, the ending makes me really mad - in a good way and pretty much excited for the story to be continued!

Maybe it's just me, that I'm the quiet weak type - very, very troubled by reality, and needed a bit hope from even a virtual world or game, and that made me love this game so much. So if Square Enix were to make new uplifting stories to the gaming world or even the society, I'd say why not?

Oh and...

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by reilitha; 02-24-2012 at 11:18 AM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisthemp View Post
    As long as FFXIII-3 focus on Vanille
    Amen

PRO Member

even though it would be a great idea to have 13-3, but i know they wont...i have the collectors guide and in the you get a few pages of an interveiw with the director of the game and mentions that the story will be wrapped up in a DLC (Snow's story will be covered in a novel and Sazah's backstory has a DLC coming out on 28th for 360 and 29th for PS3)....No real word what Noel's next step will be..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Not sure if this was mentioned or if it matters, but i read that collecting all 160 fragments and then beating the final boss battle for the second time unlocks a special "secret" addition to the closing cinematic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast