Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

FFXIII-3 a likely possibility?

This is a discussion on FFXIII-3 a likely possibility? within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW. Originally Posted by http://gamingeverything.com/14426/game-informer-final-fantasy-xiii-3-is-inevitable/ A couple of weeks ago, we presented some information from Game Informer’s Final ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    LiLPlaya0o0's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    3

    FFXIII-3 a likely possibility?

    POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW.



    Quote Originally Posted by http://gamingeverything.com/14426/game-informer-final-fantasy-xiii-3-is-inevitable/
    A couple of weeks ago, we presented some information from Game Informer’s Final Fantasy XIII-2 review. One of Joe Juba’s main criticisms was the story, which was described as “laughable and borderline insulting”.

    There’s one other point from the review that we should mention. It seems that the game’s story isn’t entirely complete. We know that XIII-2 will be getting DLC eventually, but apparently that additional content won’t be enough to plug up some of the plot holes. There’s even has a screen at the end of the game that includes the words “to be continued.”

    Does this mean that Final Fantasy XIII-3 is on the way? Game Informer believes so.

    Juba’s XIII-2 review contained following blurb about another XIII entry:

    “To make matters worse, you aren’t even getting a complete story. The canonical ending (there are multiple other ‘what if’ endings) concludes with the words ‘to be continued’ and it’s not a scenario likely to be resolved with future DLC. After the credits, I sat in disbelief, wondering if I had done something wrong or somehow missed the true ending. I didn’t. Square Enix intentionally left the story incomplete. The announcement of Final Fantasy XIII-3 is inevitable.”

    If Square Enix does decide to make XIII-3, the domain they registered a few months back could come in handy!
    Now I know Enix claimed to have registered the name so that no one else could, or maybe its because they may gauge fan reaction on 13-2 and decide whether or not to make a XIII-3 ( and leaving out things out of the 13-2 in case 13-3 becomes a reality?)

    Thoughts? The 'to be continued' is disturbing, honestly.
    Last edited by LiLPlaya0o0; 01-27-2012 at 08:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,678
    Reputation
    462

    So the game ends on a cliff hanger with a "to be continued"?....I'm not sure if I wanted to know that.

  3. #3
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Adell's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    179
    Reputation
    2

    Aww fuck SE don't do a "To be Continued" on Final Fantasy anymore
    Imagine if they did it with Versus 13, Versus 13-2 would come out in 10 years...
    Still more Final Fantasy is good for me so long as it doesn't have anything to do with VII

    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    So the game ends on a cliff hanger with a "to be continued"?....I'm not sure if I wanted to know that.
    Yeah I know what you mean, you're playing the game, enjoying the story and all of a sudden... To be Continued...
    Lanza Del Relampago

  4. #4
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    LiLPlaya0o0's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    So the game ends on a cliff hanger with a "to be continued"?....I'm not sure if I wanted to know that.
    Something like this and the fact that they are planning dlc (hell even 13-2 itself as well) gives the appearance of milking..

    I'll reserve my personal judgement on the story till I play it, but I don't like the sound of this. And if 13-3 does become a reality, I bet it would come out before Versus.

  5. #5
    Plats-O'-War!!
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    3,924
    Reputation
    170

    You could've used spoiler tags Just saying.




  6. #6
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,855
    Reputation
    326

    I won't judge the game nor the story since I've yet to experience/suffer it (who knows what it'll be!), but this is borderline offensive to the fanbase that's been keeping them alive.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  7. #7
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    This was pretty heavy in the Japanese gaming community as well. I am not exactly sure what the problem is, it's not as if countless other games don't leave on cliffhangers as well or aren't left for individual interpretation. This is one of those things you kind of have to take with the bag when time-travel is involved.

    It's not exactly as if Square Enix's other prominent time-travel games (Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross) have some sort of definitive closure with the subject manner. I am not exactly sure what people expected or why it is such an issue. As a fan of other Asian culture, and all of it's mediums, I am surprised that the unexplained ending doesn't happen more often considering how common it is in literature and film.

    I don't see why some people praise things like Inception to high hell for leaving unanswered questions, but with other things it represents a problem. Is it such a bad thing if they don't explain everything to you, or that the door is open for continuation?

    The amount of questioning coming from so many angles at this point without even experiencing it themselves is mind boggling. If the game is as good as some say it is - I welcome another entry into the series, if the story warrants it.

    I find it hilarious that some media are lowering the score of the game because of the ending... didn't expect I'd see the day that when your experience is over and you place the controller down and soak in accomplishment, that the ending would play a part in the games overall score.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  8. #8
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    LiLPlaya0o0's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    You could've used spoiler tags Just saying.
    I kind of assumed with the thread title being as it is, people would avoid the thread if they didn't want to get spoiled. That said, its not really a spoiler..you still have no idea what happens as far as the story goes, you just that the story is incomplete. My apologies regardless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I won't judge the game nor the story since I've yet to experience/suffer it (who knows what it'll be!), but this is borderline offensive to the fanbase that's been keeping them alive.
    That's what I'm saying, but I will give them a chance. I did like the demo, so come Tuesday I'll see how the full game fairs.

  9. #9
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,855
    Reputation
    326

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    I don't see why some people praise things like Inception to high hell for leaving unanswered questions, but with other things it represents a problem. Is it such a bad thing if they don't explain everything to you, or that the door is open for continuation?

    I find it hilarious that some media are lowering the score of the game because of the ending... didn't expect I'd see the day that when your experience is over and you place the controller down and soak in accomplishment, that the ending would play a part in the games overall score.
    The difference is that Square often offered a little epilogue at the end of the FF games and even if there wasn't a complete answer to all the questions, there was a sense of closure and nothing that would tell you "Yeah, there'll be a sequel!". No one asked for a sequel to FFX, but at least it offered a sense of closure to everything. If GI is right, this doesn't award any (which Chrono Trigger did achieve).

    Oh yeah, that's totally stupid! Yet they don't lower Skyrim's scores due to all the bugs and glitches (which is pretty much the same) nor CoD's due to the patheticly short singleplayer campaigns.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  10. #10
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    The difference is that Square often offered a little epilogue at the end of the FF games and even if there wasn't a complete answer to all the questions, there was a sense of closure and nothing that would tell you "Yeah, there'll be a sequel!". No one asked for a sequel to FFX, but at least it offered a sense of closure to everything. If GI is right, this doesn't award any (which Chrono Trigger did achieve).
    I agree, and by all known means - Final Fantasy XIII-2 has an ending as well, but it just leaves some questions afterwards. I am still pretty sure that the entire game still has a group of protagonists, striving to achieve a common goal, overcome various obstacles and eventually find some entity that they believe is the main antagonists and in some form defeat them. Last time I checked, that's pretty close to the formula that nearly all RPGs have. I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure and would wager everything I own, that the above formula is what this game works on.

    Time travel is an excuse to not have definitive endings, because it's a lot easier to leave things open. I've been stating that this was a possibility as soon as they said that time-travel was involved, and now that it's come to fruition - people are shocked about it. It's like the DLC that was announced when the game itself was announced all of the sudden rubbing people the wrong way.

    It's just ridiculous that some things like Mass Effect 2 get praise for it's inconclusive ending, and this gets shitted on, mainly for the fact that people dislike that the sequel exists in the first place.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  11. #11
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    LiLPlaya0o0's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    This was pretty heavy in the Japanese gaming community as well. I am not exactly sure what the problem is, it's not as if countless other games don't leave on cliffhangers as well or aren't left for individual interpretation. This is one of those things you kind of have to take with the bag when time-travel is involved.

    It's not exactly as if Square Enix's other prominent time-travel games (Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross) have some sort of definitive closure with the subject manner. I am not exactly sure what people expected or why it is such an issue. As a fan of other Asian culture, and all of it's mediums, I am surprised that the unexplained ending doesn't happen more often considering how common it is in literature and film.

    I don't see why some people praise things like Inception to high hell for leaving unanswered questions, but with other things it represents a problem. Is it such a bad thing if they don't explain everything to you, or that the door is open for continuation?

    The amount of questioning coming from so many angles at this point without even experiencing it themselves is mind boggling. If the game is as good as some say it is - I welcome another entry into the series, if the story warrants it.

    I find it hilarious that some media are lowering the score of the game because of the ending... didn't expect I'd see the day that when your experience is over and you place the controller down and soak in accomplishment, that the ending would play a part in the games overall score.
    Regarding the ending, you and I both know they aren't basing the scores only on the ending. So why you felt the need to write that as if they were, doesn't make sense to me. It's a combination of factors they felt added up to decreasing the score or quality. The ending of a story is still an integral (major) part of the story, its called the conclusion... and this is the case for any story. You don't think if you read a good book that had a shitty ending it wouldn't leave you with a bad taste? and lower your overall feelings towards it? Now if they are giving the game a 5 out of 10 because of the ending alone, then there's a problem, but I doubt anyone's doing that. (Please point me to them and prove me wrong, if there are reviewers doing that.)

    These people who are complaining about it have played it and obviously didn't enjoy it. And I don't know what you mean be questioning from all angles by people who haven't experienced it. Unless you're talking about myself or anyone whose posted in this thread, in which case we are talking hypothetical...we don't know for sure and we're entitled to discuss and question things to our hearts content, since there isn't much else we can do till the game arrives. Funnily enough you defend it in the same way you find others "questioning" it as if you've played it, and you haven't played it either. So you're actually doing the same exact thing. It almost seems as if you find it impossible to believe that these people could actually dislike the game, based on the reasons they give (which ARE valid reasons) and I don't know why that is...You're defense is that the other mediums/titles do it and get away with it, maybe because people liked them? I am a FF fanboy and I admit it, but I'm not a blind fan by no means and with their recent business practices aka "alienate old fanbase and cater to new" and other annoying decisions they've made has more than permitted me to begin to question and wonder what the fuck they are doing. But every time I read one of your posts concerning this game, it almost reeks of "they can do no wrong"

    But the real problem is that if the story is shit to begin with (not my words), and then it ends in a cliff hanger, its bound to piss people off. But of course the quality of a story is subjective. One man's garbage is another man's treasure, the saying went something like that aye? And I don't think anyone would have an issue (I'm guessing here,) if they thoroughly enjoyed the story and it left them actually wanting more. But the way the article describes it as an incomplete game, (and again, I haven't played the game myself so I'm not necessarily agreeing, I'm just going by hypotheticals, and based on what others have said who have played it. Its very possible I may highly disagree with them after I've played and completed it.) and a incomplete game does not translate to a cliffhanger.

    And honestly, its not just this ending alone (and possibility of 13-3) that contributes to the negative feeling people are having. 13-2 is partially made up of content that was cut out of 13. And now they have announced DLC for the game, story related, at that, which likely means they cut that out the game as well.

    edit: Regarding what you said about the whole time thing and about leaving endings open. Well instead of spending time on making multiple endings, they could have spent that 'time' on making a quality ending instead of leaving it open. You seem to think that all stories are alike and as such, if one open-like ending is praised, all should. Well for one, they are done differently, and for two We're talking about different stories and different everything. Your argument isn't very logical. And if people dislike the sequel in the first place, isn't that a prime reason why people would be a BIT peeved off about the possibility of a third? especially from the sequel's half-assed ending?

  12. #12
    Aussie Furry, Bitch
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,897
    Reputation
    74

    I honestly don't know, but I'm going to finish the game before reading the spoilers.




  13. #13
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,855
    Reputation
    326

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    I agree, and by all known means - Final Fantasy XIII-2 has an ending as well, but it just leaves some questions afterwards. I am still pretty sure that the entire game still has a group of protagonists, striving to achieve a common goal, overcome various obstacles and eventually find some entity that they believe is the main antagonists and in some form defeat them. Last time I checked, that's pretty close to the formula that nearly all RPGs have. I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure and would wager everything I own, that the above formula is what this game works on.

    Time travel is an excuse to not have definitive endings, because it's a lot easier to leave things open. I've been stating that this was a possibility as soon as they said that time-travel was involved, and now that it's come to fruition - people are shocked about it. It's like the DLC that was announced when the game itself was announced all of the sudden rubbing people the wrong way.

    It's just ridiculous that some things like Mass Effect 2 get praise for it's inconclusive ending, and this gets shitted on, mainly for the fact that people dislike that the sequel exists in the first place.
    Yes, it has an ending... followed by "To be continued". That's the difference here. Had it left it's questions unanswered (like practically every other main FF except IV, VII, X, XII and XIII) people wouldn't be mad. This offers no sense of closure, making you think "Wait, you had me believe this was the god damn end, that I beat [insert main villian's/evil entity's name here] and the world was safe, and then you tell me I'm not done?", which results in losing all sense of accomplishment. THAT'S the issue at hand.

    Aftter the success of the original (and around the same time when the sequel was announced) it was made perectly clearthat Mass Effect would become a trilogy, so pretty much everyone knew there'd be an inconclusive ending to Masss Effect 2.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  14. #14
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    They didn't just announce the DLC, when the game was announced and the first info came out, it was clearly stated there would be DLC.

    As for cliffhangers? I love them, whether it's a book like The Girl Who Played With Fire or a movie like Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. It is in my opinion that a good cliffhanger is a good way to reel you into the story and leave you digesting everything a little bit more. It's in cliffhangers that you have to sit there and put on your thinking cap and fill in the blanks or try to anticipate where it will go from there. Especially if you're building a trilogy format (which is a strong possibility that this will become a trilogy) there is no better way, in my opinion, to set up a finale than to have something that seems insurmountable and see how the situation unfolds. If this leads to a third game, and has people polarized enough that they are wanting - that makes the build up all the more worth it.

    Reviews are reviews, and I don't hold any review for more than the shit I flushed down the toilet, because that's how memorable and substantial a video game's reviews place in the world is. I am surprised by the amount of people who have their own individual opinion swayed by something without trying it, or let the slightest criticism be dictated as if it is a fact. From what I've read of a lot of reviews from critics and users alike, and the negative points are far outweighed by the positives that the game does. I wouldn't have my opinion swayed on the game by anything that anybody says about it, until I have had my own individual take on it - something that people seem unable to control themselves from doing with only 4 days until release.

    The amount of people who "dislike" or "hate" this game, are less than those who enjoy it, it's already a hit in Japan, being one of the best selling titles since it's release, with word of mouth being as powerful of a marketing tool as anything commercial. I highly doubt with the figures that this is likely to sell, and the overall positive press it's getting (again, to me doesn't mean much but to some it's an important factor) or the fact that the developers themselves felt strong enough about the product before it's release, and it's publishers felt strongly enough about their flagship franchise's spin-off having an open door for a possible sequel is enough to say that there is a strong likelihood that they intended this to be a trilogy before it even went gold.

    So if this game is totally shit - I promise you - I'll be the first one on here to say I was wrong about it, and that they totally fucked themselves and their "fans" over by what they have done. I'm just saying that being one of those people who let's other people's words speak for them, and use that as a valid stance to sway their opinion is not an individual who's word I am exactly going to hold much value in. So let's hold off on all the negative BS and some critics who get paid for posting reviews that nitpick affect what you're going to experience because you've got some "journalist's" suggestion implanted in your head before you give it a shot.

    But hey, if you only want to listen to the negative, and ignore the fact that there are a lot of others out there that do say nice things, by all means - do so - but don't expect a single word of it affect my experience come Tuesday.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  15. #15
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    LiLPlaya0o0's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    3

    I never heard that...Do you have any sources? And true or not, doesn't change the fact that its not a tasteful thing to do. Doesn't make it any more likable.

    Yes, and I would agree with you on the cliffhanger bit. However, you're assuming that FF13-2 has a good cliffhanger that will '
    reel you into the story and leave you digesting everything a little bit more.' Its could be a bad one, or a good one. Some may find it bad, some may find it good, and in this particular case it was found to be bad/negative. Trilogy? IF there was any planned trilogy it was the inter-universe one involving Versus 13 and Type-o. Three iterations of 13 was not planned, and if anything, not until recently.

    But then.... if you really don't care I don't know why you bother to read other people's reviews in the first place...? If no review is worth anything to you, what do you intend to gain from reading them? The positive and negative ones alike mean shit to you as well, since (essentially) you don't care about other's peoples opinions on the game but your own? And that just leaves me wondering what in the hell are you reading them for? Let alone posting on a forum about one of them. So now I'm confused to why you even posted what you did at all.

    I will agree that some people blindly let others opinions decide for them...but if that's what they want, so be it. I am not one of these people. I don't know why you even bring these people up all the time.. I'm pretty sure no one here is doing that, or if it appears so, maybe you're assuming things, and we all know why people shouldn't assume right? I'll say it again, we're perfectly fine to discuss a hypothetical: We're expressing our opinions for something that is possible based on what others have said, how does that make us sheep? And if you're not talking about any of us here, really, bringing up these 'people' is irrelevant. Also, its not just the the media that is giving negative reviews mind you, it is regular people who've played the game as well. So your whole bit about people getting paid to nitpick for reviews, what about the regular players who are saying the same/similar things? Are they getting paid to nitpick it as well? I doubt it.

    I don't believe that good sales/press = good product. Otherwise I'd have to believer that Justin Beiber is an amazing singer, and in my opinion, he is not. You're intelligent, so I'm pretty sure you're familiar with the concept of things selling because of brand name. So these factors are not absolute.

    For the record, I doubt most of the people here are going to let someone else's opinion completely take over their own. I will speak for myself when I say that I am not in anyway letting other's opinions affect how I feel about a game I haven't even played yet. Like I said from the beginning, its hypothetical, and that I would form my own opinions when I play it come this Tuesday. But I like to know the possibilities, and believe it or not I know about the good reviews too. I don't post about those because others already do that, and a nice counterbalance for discussion's sake was never a bad thing.

    And I never intended (and never could) affect your experience/opinion from posting this thread. It, again, was for discussion's sake. I think you've missed the point of everything I've posted, lol. And you're contradicting yourself. According to you, the good reviews aren't worth shit either. I think your agenda in every thread I've posted pertaining to this game is to insert your above-all opinion and try and do the same thing that you say the reviewers and other people are doing: Get people to listen to your opinion. Well would you look at that!

  16. #16
    PRO Member
    Jace227's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    256
    Reputation
    10

    honestly in my opinion ... i'd hope not... no offense......... i'd wish Square would Start Working on a new/different FF instead of tryna continue this one........
    i'd be disappointed if they really do........


  17. #17
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Quote Originally Posted by LiLPlaya0o0 View Post

    Toggle Spoiler

    I read reviews, I read people's opinions, I listen to what people have to say. The only opinion I have stated is that we should let our individual experience be the decision maker. Posting this, and stating how it seems bad with nothing but somebody else's opinion to back it is jumping to a conclusion by another person's experience. If I stated this game was going to be good or bad, please point to that stance that I took about the game - which I didn't, because I haven't played it. I just don't see how the possibility of there being a Final Fantasy XIII-3 or DLC scenarios that continue the experience is a bad thing if we like the game. (and if you don't like it, here's an option - don't buy the DLC or the next game!)

    If this were posted about your take after playing it, I'd hold it's value a lot higher, but as a discussion about a reviewer who's job it is to find problems with things, I don't see how it holds in value on what Final Fantasy XIII-2 and our individual experience.

    And as for sales and reception not being important - that's true to the individual, but not to the company that makes these games. At the end of the day the bottom line is the profit margin, and we can bash DLC or sequels or whatever else means they decide to create revenue, but that is the name of the game and it matters in the industry, and it's what's happening come hell or high water. You can dislike the fact that there's DLC or a possible sequel, or that there is DLC, but you can't be surprised that the best money maker that Square Enix has isn't likely to get the same treatment that nearly every other franchise is getting in today's marketplace.

    I just don't see what the point is on being overly negative, or overly positive for that matter, on somebody else's opinion, especially so close to the game actually being here. The only thing I am trying to stress, is that we shouldn't let something that a reviewer (or anybody for that manner) says affect your experience before it happens. If this makes me seem to have some other "agenda", then that's your take, but not my intention in any way.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  18. #18
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    5,855
    Reputation
    326

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    IIf this were posted about your take after playing it, I'd hold it's value a lot higher, but as a discussion about a reviewer who's job it is to find problems with things, I don't see how it holds in value on what Final Fantasy XIII-2 and our individual experience.
    A reviewer's job isn't to find bad things in games, but to review the game. Find the cons and the pros and, depending on the reviewer's personal opinion and experience, say how much they affected the total impression of teh game itself. To say all they do is find bad things is totally ignorant and moronic, specially when considering what I just mentioned. Maybe he had a good opinion on the game but the cliffhanger ending wasn't of his liking, taking with it most of the joy he had with the game. Maybe the ending to a game is what defines the total impact of the experience for him.

    Bottom line, don't spread such buillshit.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  19. #19
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    A reviewer's job isn't to find bad things in games, but to review the game. Find the cons and the pros and, depending on the reviewer's personal opinion and experience, say how much they affected the total impression of teh game itself. To say all they do is find bad things is totally ignorant and moronic, specially when considering what I just mentioned. Maybe he had a good opinion on the game but the cliffhanger ending wasn't of his liking, taking with it most of the joy he had with the game. Maybe the ending to a game is what defines the total impact of the experience for him.

    Bottom line, don't spread such buillshit.
    I didn't intend for it to seem like all they do is find bad things - I am well aware that the positives get said as well - don't assume that I have some sort of complex that focuses on the negative or have the comprehension to focus entirely on the negative. I meant that the context of what this thread is about is the negative, and the conclusion of said review had a unbalanced focus on the negative.

    If the ending is that bad that it negates the positives that the game brought - that's shotty journalism and proves my point. You're not going to find a video game reviewer winning a Pulitzer or moving on to work at Time Magazine, because the vast majority of the people who review games are third-rate journalist's and worse writers at that. That being said, I do read them objectively and take the good and bad out of most reviews, but I rarely find myself feeling like any reviewers point of view can ever substitute or properly represent playing a game for myself (or watching a movie, or listening to music for that matter). So I don't hold anything that a review contains as too much value, because it's like somebody describing a sex act - as opposed to experiencing it.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  20. #20
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    Still more Final Fantasy is good for me so long as it doesn't have anything to do with VII
    7's story ended in the biggest cliff hanger of all. Can't wait for the sequel, if it ever comes out.

    I'll have to play 13-2 first, but I hated 13's characters, and the story was just meh. So already planning a 3rd? We'll see.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO