View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 2.08%
  • 2 - Easy

29 60.42%
  • 3 - Moderate

14 29.17%
  • 4 - Hard

3 6.25%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 2.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 02-01-2012 at 02:17 PM.

PRO Member

I'm surprised no one has posted yet. Earned the platinum 2-3 days ago, gave it a 2.

There is no real need to grind, as the fragment quests give enough CP to max out your characters. I ended the game with some 500k CP left over, though I didn't run from a single fight. Most trophies can be naturally acquired, though one or two might have you go out of your way a bit.

The only one I had to grind out a bit was Defragmented, as I opted for the Silver Chocobo route to get the coins needed to play the slot machines. Clock Stopper should come naturally if you react quickly enough to enemies.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Not too easy and not too hard, just moderate so I give it a 3. Quite surprised actually, XIII's platinum took me quite a while to get because of the Treasure Hunter trophy and the one where you had to 5-star all the hunt missions.

The only problems people may have are with obtaining all the fragments due to a mission where you have to battle every creature in the game at least once and the Serendipitous trophy. Took me a while to figure out how to play the Chocobo races properly

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Relatively easy, no real grinding required (other then the Bestiary fragment), very few enemies in the game ever posed any challenge...

For people having trouble with the fragment mentioned above, I recommend buying librascopes from Serendipity, or farming them from chocobo races (Monster class, Goblin Derby and Marlboro Classic are the only two that have the librascope as a reward). Then using them on monsters that are rare and take forever to find, that way you only have to see them that one time. And not be bothered with having to find rare monsters and defeating them multiple times.

I also recommend the use of the Grimoire Hat accessory for its 'Kill:Libra" and or a monster with the same ability, to shorten the amount of times you have to face any one monster and retrieve all its data.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

this game was easy for me, a 2. as for that monster fragment though, you just need to fight each enemy once regardless of completing it's info, so no need to worry about librascopes. this plat took me all of 60ish hours, and my brother got it literally 15-30 minutes right after me haha.

PRO Member

I'll vote a 2 as well. A hair under 65 hours to achieve, with no trophies that felt like a true challenge. There are some places that can trip gamers up, like some of the different puzzles and a few battles, but most of them have work-arounds that make them far more manageable. Definitely easier than the platinum for XIII, which wasn't terribly hard on its own either. The fetch quests and collectibles were a bit annoying, but not maddening like in XIII, and the really nasty battles were nonexistent here (and I can name several from its predecessor).

Platinum Procrastinator

I voted easy as well. I think I got the plat somewhere around the 60-80 hour mark but don't know for sure as I forgot to check my time the last few days I've been playing it. However, I know I could of cut anywhere from 10-20 hours off that time if I concentrated only on the trophies instead of having fun leveling monsters.

The game was a lot more fun than FFXIII in my opinion but at the same time was alos a lot easier. Like KeeperOfPrecets mentioned, there wasn't really any tough battles throughout the game, even while playing on the normal difficulty setting. Hopefully with the release of the Omega DLC, we'll get some tougher enemies.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Got the platinum today. I chose easy because quite honestly there was nothing challenging.
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

No Game No Life

Easy platinum. There's no trophy that gave a challenge and no grinding needed at all. I got my platinum in 65 hours.
    I had a lot of fun playing this but the game is very easy and not a single enemy gave me a challenge. Even the Long Gui's power is toned down a lot compared to the Long Gui of XIII. Raspatil and Yomi were also easy to take down too.
    The final battle was epic imo

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It was a not too easy and not too hard platinum. It was someone unsatisfying though since I thought It'd be harder. Two of the Gold ones (Befriending Don Tonberry and fighting that Cieth that starts with an 'R') were pretty easy... I had no problems with it. I actually thought there'd be another "Hold every weapon/accessories" in the game again just like the last game but it was just the monster collection this time... That fragment didn't really take long as long as you fought monsters every single time, lol.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Got the platinum today. I chose easy because quite honestly there was nothing challenging.
    Wasn't one of the gold ones require you to go to Normal and defeat that Cieth? o_O

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by Satiety View Post
    Wasn't one of the gold ones require you to go to Normal and defeat that Cieth? o_O
    That would be the fight with Raspatil which you get to face in Oerba 400 af. The battle is easy if all the roles of your characters are maxed out and your monsters are decently powered up.

Currently Playing:

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Wasn't really all that difficult. Its just time consuming mostly. The only "hard" parts might be the fragments and beastiary. And even the like maybe 2 or 3 monsters total are difficult. At least once your maxed out the crystarium that is hahaha. The only part that gave me any actual trouble was tring to get the Trapezohedron since it didn't like to drop for me even with durable collectors guide.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    That would be the fight with Raspatil which you get to face in Oerba 400 af. The battle is easy if all the roles of your characters are maxed out and your monsters are decently powered up.
    Yeah, I believe you were forced to go to Normal Mode in order to get the trophy? I'm not entirely sure... It didn't matter to me cause I was already at Normal mode all game, lol. But for people who fought Raspatil at easy mode, I believe they had to change to Normal for the Gold Trophy.

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by Satiety View Post
    Yeah, I believe you were forced to go to Normal Mode in order to get the trophy? I'm not entirely sure... It didn't matter to me cause I was already at Normal mode all game, lol. But for people who fought Raspatil at easy mode, I believe they had to change to Normal for the Gold Trophy.
    I played the whole game on Normal difficulty What's the point of going to easy mode if the game is already easy to complete lol
    and yes to obtain the trophy you have to beat him on normal mode.

Currently Playing:

PRO Member

Had it not been for Yomi and Raspatil would I have given this game a Easy, but those make it a Easy+, which i guess are Moderat

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisthemp View Post
    Had it not been for Yomi and Raspatil would I have given this game a Easy, but those make it a Easy+, which i guess are Moderat
    Exactly my thoughts, lol. I only had trouble with both of them. Different strategies helped

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My vote goes to easy. I'm tempted to play on easy mode just to see how easy it is. Maybe there might be a hard or very hard patch coming sometime in the future.

PRO Member

I’m voting this game Easy, simply because there weren’t major challenging road blocks in the game. The only headaches were getting all 160 fragments and killing every single enemy.

PPS bar made byRaveNScythE18
    Sig and Avy made by Bladia

PRO Member

Also voted for easy, nothing too hard about this plat. The post bosses were not as hard as they could have been, long gui, yomi and that raspatil posed no real threat to a maxed Noel and Sarah.

Plated in 71 and a bit hours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast